Trinity Universe: The game's afoot!

Heritage

Very angery now bernard goes for the throat.

Bernard Attack: 2,3,5,6,3,1,4,  Bernard piledriver damage: 7,7,5,4,3,10,2,

Borris looks for another trap door because one at a time in the box will take too long. Borris investigation: 1,4,5,2,4,6,8,8,10,

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without getting bitten by the enraged dog, Jiro pulls Besatro up on his feet and pins him against the wall. (Jiro can stand normally in her natural form, walking, however, is humorous at best.) Jiro tries to say soothing things to the dog, after all she needs this guy in one piece. (7, 6, 9, 6, 3 on Manip. + Animal Handling. In case it takes more than one turn, here's a second roll 6, 10, 1, 7, 6) Once Bernard is calmed from attacking she puts her face close to Beastro's and lights the lighter letting him get a good look at her. After a few moments she speaks, when she does it's in a low guttural voice, almost a growl.

Shouldn't have done that. Try it again, and I won't stop him, I'll help him. Now, I'm going to call my friends down and they'll have some questions for you. Fight us and it won't end well for you, I promise.

In his fury, Bernard's second lunge misses the struggling magician altogether, and the huge hound smacks his head into the side of the tunnel, temporarily stunning him (OOC - Bernard botched - this makes him somewhat easier for Jiro to calm down! )

Berastro is distracted from the pain in his bloody leg by the face of Jiro in her dragon form an inch away from his own. What little color he had drains from his face as the light from flickering flame dances over her jagged teeth.

Alright - I surrender.

Bethany stumbles through the darkness, searching for her compatriots and the cowardly magician. Soon she finds the tunnel, but she stops short. There is a growing rumble coming up the tunnel, accompanied by the screech of metal and a rush of wind. A wobbling pinpoint of light is now visible.

Her eyes go wide. Bethany can now make out the forms of Bernard, Berastro and the strange reptilian creature by the small headlight coming down the tracks. She yells out a breathless warning.

Look out! It's a coal train! Get off the tracks!

OOC - For those interested in what is barrelling down on our intrepid heroes, here's a link to the Chicago Tunnel Company. Look out, gang!

Meanwhile, after some quick poking around, Borris finds a tight stairway that leads under the stage.

The moment the light illuminates her, Jiro reverts to her normal human form, clothing and all. (Don't ask her to remove her jacket, she can't. ;) ) At the same time she pushes Beastro in front of her and forces him into a dead run. She takes a quick look back to see if Bernard is following, if he is she continues towards the group, if not she shoves Beastro towards Bethany and runs back for him.

OOC: Yeh! Nail Jiro to the wall!  :) Oh, er, um... nevermind...

Calvin looks around, finds that he went into one of his dazes, quickly writes the idea he had down on the nearest paper handy (the book he is holding), and puts on his almost patented Ether Goggles.

He quickly scans the area to check for traces of where the last person went.

OOC: Ether Goggles use the knack Aetheric Vision.

At the last minute, Jiro and Bernard dive into a small maintaince shaft, and the compact coal train's six cars race safely past them, sparks shooting out from overhead track. After a moment to catch their breath, both realize...Berastro is gone!

Borris, Rocco and Calvin catch up with Bethany at the edge of the frieght tunnel - she's peering after the coal train disappearing into the dark.

I don't see Berastro anywhere - either he got hit by the train, or he somehow managed to jump onboard. Blast! I barely know the man and I hate him!

OOC: I know in real life that those tunnels lead thought the city. (I live in Chicago) A few years ago down town basments goot flooded when an old tunnel under the chicago river was breached.  If any of you saw the movie "The Relic" that's how the monster got from Calumet harbor to downtown undetected. I don't want to just assume that Borris who's a Southerner from Virgina would know that. I assume that Bethany and Johny would know about the tunnels.

I guess that it would be and an academics roll for Borris to remember anything.  Borris Academics: 8,1,8,1,7,4,  I'm not sure if that will be enouph since he's not a native and it has nothing to do with tobacco.

OOC - That's a good roll, so maybe Borris read something on the subject in a newspaper ad. However, Bathany is going to chime in....

IC - Bethany shakes her head at Rocco's suggestion.

The only way the trains go up is through elevators into the various buildings, and other than the fact that we're by the Majestic Theater, I have no idea which way that particular train was heading, assuming that he's still alive. Which he probably is...

She sighs and sags against the wall of the tunnel for a moment.

This time he gets away. Let's get back to the surface and make sure everyone's alright.

(Assuming four lethal is enough to make Bernard not want to walk) Jiro picks up the injured Bernard carefully taking extreme care not to irritate his injuries. She soothes him with her voice and a scratch behind the ear, she takes him over to Borris.

I'm very sorry, he got ahead of me and Beastro got him with some sort of fire. He bit the crasher's leg badly though, he won't be able to make it far with a wound like that.

Johnny is moved by Bernard's plight.

The poor fella! I'll pull my car around the bacstage entrance so we can get him back to the chapterhouse and see to him proper.

He grits his teeth and clenches his fists.

Any lout that could do this to a pooch is on my enemies list. This Berasto fella better not run into me anytime soon!

OOC- I think this is a good time for everyone to regroup, heal up and maybe do some research. Does anyone object to us relocating to the chapterhouse?

OOC - Even though I've only had Painheart's okay on it, I'm shifting us back to the chapterhouse, since no one responded with a resounding "Hell, no!"

IC - Everyone piles into Johnny's mammoth car, with the injured and wimpering Bernard laid across several people's laps in the backseat.

Upon returning to the chapterhouse, Bernard is carefuly taken upstairs to the medical suite, where he is laid out in a bed next to Enkidu, who appears to be doing much better. Upon seeing Bernard's burns, Enkidu winces in sympathy and types out a message on his Visograph.

I am sorry to see you have been injured. Did this happen in pursuit of Berastro? If so I am doubly sorry. You will be well taken care of here.

OOC: Book? what book did we get a book?

Borris starts to tend Bernard's wounds.  This man is going to have to die very painfully now. Borris calls over one of the servants and retreaves the two pistols hidden in Bernards now tatered tux.  Here put these in the fire arms locker please.

OOC: Book? what book did we get a book?

OOC - Calvin picked up a notebook full of interesting things in Berastro's dressing room. And on that subject, I need either an Academics or Science roll from Calvin, or you can do both, I suppose. If you have specialties in either of these, let me know that as well. And does Calvin have knowledge-type or 'big brain' knacks?

OOC: Calvin has two knacks: Mad Scientist and Reptilian Regeneration (handy for a mad scientist when things don't go as planned). No specialties in either roll. Rolls are as follows:

Academics: 2,3,5,6,8,10,10

Science: 1,1,1,2,2,7,7,8,10

I love that handy chat die roller. You da man, Chill!  ::withbeer

yes, must keep game alive!!!

Jiro returns to the house after a short while and goes looking for Calvin. When she finds she waits for him to notice her, remebers that if he's working on something he wouldn't notice a plane crash in his own front yard.

Hey Cal, what are you working on?

Calvin looks up, his eyes slowly come into focus.

Miss Jiro! Oh, um, you took me by surprise there. He looks back down at the book in his hands, as if just realizing that the secrets within may be desired by others.

This journal is an amazing find! The man behind it has such a wonderous intellect. By all accounts, he's twisted and evil, but to peer into his personal thoughts! I have already had so many ideas on how to improve upon everday objects just from skimming over his work. I can hardly wait to get back to my shop! His eyes are almost aflame with passion as he grips the journal with white knuckles.

There does appear to be something of interest to the Aeon boys, though. Take a look here at these drawings and notes. They describe some taxonomy of herb that grows exclusively in the Congo. Um, Africa, that is. It appears to have hallucinagenic values as well.

Take a look at this page now. He details out the area that is supposedly is found, but when referencing published maps, the location seems to not exist!

Now, considering that Enkidu is from Africa, as is our mysterious little herb, there is a chance that a connection between the two could be drawn.

He pauses for a moment, looking down, and frowning. He chews somewhat thoughtfully on his cheek. Right when Jiro is about to burst with questions, he looks up again.

This could be real bad, Jiro. Maybe we should go tell the others.

OOC - "Give my creation....LIFE!!!" I apologize for leaving the game dependent on one person's response - sorry, Joseph. Now go seek out other people in the chapterhouse!

Also, though he is only a dentist, Dr. Berger is the world's most brilliant dentist, and he might be able to help out Borris with Bernard's injuries, if you consult with him. Your success was enough to bandage the poor pootch, but he's still in a great deal of pain.

Typically, yes, being shot is odd. Past that, though. Has anyone reported him as having a serious fever, or bad dreams?

We should go talk to the others. Who is overseeing his welfare?

Calvin stands, moving towards the door.

You there, you are a medical professional, are you not? Come with me!

Dr. Berger looks up from his microscope with a start - his hair is in disarray, and his cheeks appear somewhat flushed.

How DARE you interupt me at such a vital point in my research?! I don't care if your leg is dangling by a shred of tissue, leave me in peace!

Archived