Trinity Universe: OOC ranting

Heritage

• 2 weeks later...

ADMIN NOTICE

Righty then - a big update here (well, it took bloody ages to do properly).

You now have 4 new fields in your profile - these new fields are used for In Character purposes.  They are:-

Character Name:

Current Game:

Appearance:

Description:

You can add your own by going to your control panel, selecting personal settings, then edit your profile.  Fill in the blanks and hey presto!

You can view peoples character details by clicking on the members button on the top of each page, or the 'profile' button attached to each post made by a member.

I know having more than 1 character entry would be good - but we'll live with this for a bit first - it took long enough to do.

To see an example, click on my 'admin' profile under the members list

• 2 weeks later...

Ah ha.  This is not so much a rant but a little note so you know my character...    :Devil

I decided to play a Greek philosophising mesmerist and a true gentleman.  The voice of reason abounds...

Lets rock!   :Thumbs Up

I hope no one minds that I just invited myself into your cozy little game.  Here is a hint of my character.

Aliandro De La Vega; a supposed Spanish aristocrat and adventurerer with powers to baffle most ordinary men!  A full fledged member of the Aeon Society with a thirst for excitement and a compulsion to help those in need.  If you want more detail let me know.

Atwight

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to ask people if the mega-long posts i've done recently are 'too much' - I'm a screenwriter wannabe, so i can go into overkill with the writing sometimes.

I've noticed a lot fewer posts since i did my big ones, and I'm not sure if I've done something wrong. I know that people have real lives that obviously take precident over our hobby, and I know I've been absent due to sickness recently, so I haven't posted very often, so those are also possible explanations.

I just want to make sure I haven't frustrated, confused, or God forbid bored you with these epic-length posts. If I have, I'll be careful to keep future posts down to a more manageable size. I want this storyline to be fun for everyone, not just for me.

Heritage: no you haven't - I think they are appreciated - I certainly appreciate the time and effort.

I think a lot of people have been busy during the last month - myself included.

The forum is still ticking over nicely as a whole, but has been a bit quiet in the last couple of weeks...

It'll pick up again :)

Is anyone making like summaries of this? I've only just found this and I'd like to join in but a: I'm shy and b: reading through tons of pages to catch up is difficult.  ???

Welcome, Emily!

Summarize the Adventure campaign so far? Hmm....

Well, the basic setting is Chicago, Illinois; the date is December 17th, 1924, a snowy, peaceful Saturday. The specific focus of events is the chapterhouse of the Aeon Society for Gentleman, where several of the player characters are members, but certainly not all.

The society sponsors an educational lecture series that meets in the chapterhouse on Saturday afternoons, when members and interested guests may hear distinguished experts from around the globe discuss their various fields of interest.

On this particular Saturday, the four speakers are overshadowed by some rather dramatic events. An elderly gentleman known only as Reuben (masterfully played by Admin, the greatest thespian in the history of Telford), clothes dishevelled and bleeding from the head, stumbles into the building, collapses and undergoes a startling rejuvination, becoming significantly younger and more vital before people's eyes.

Reuben has almost no memory of who he is, but several concerned society members (most of them PCs) are using an exceptionally gifted hound to track down his point of origin. After following the trail, they find themselves facing a rather daunting and decrepit railroad bridge, which they are currently investigating for possible booby traps.

Meanwhile, back at the chapter house the lectures begin more or less as planned. Dr Maximilian Berger, perhaps the world's most brilliant forensic dentist, has just finished a particularly vitriolic lecture on dental castings. The next speaker is far more popular, the charming and self-effacing Enkidu, a highly intelligent mountain gorilla.

Tragically, no sooner had Enkidu begun his presentation when there was a shot, and the great beast fell, grievously wounded by an assassin's bullet. Several PCs are trying to piece together this terrible series of events. Note that the doors to the main reading room where the heinous crime was commited have been locked from the inside, in an attempt to trap the would-be assassin.

As for the NPCs I control, Johhny Atomo is aiding the trackers with his wondercar, the XR 1, Dr. Berger is currently not present, Bethany Morgan is trying to help save Enkidu, and the great ape desperatly clings to life.

Anyone want to fill in bits I glossed over, or pipe in about your own PCs?

For no good reason, I've decided that if I ever get my directing career going, Telford will get at least a mention in something I do. I actually like the way the word sounds. Telford. Tel-ford.

And yes, it will probably be something pointlessly mean - "After all, could be worse - we could be in Telford." Which would be a great time to cut to a sign that says 'Welcome to Telford'. I'd like to make at least one film in Britain, so maybe a few people would get the joke.

Can somebody give me a brief, summary list of what the Daredevil and Stalwart knacks are? No game mechanics needed, since I'm going to be trying to make one using modified Aberrant rules, as I don't have the adventure book. I just need one or two sentence descriptions of the knacks, so I can have an idea of what a Daredevil or a Stalwart are like, and so I don't make something obscenely overpowered.  I'm already working with a reduced Nova point level.  (just 13 points, instead of 30) so it shouldn't be too insane.

Hey there Manuel, Heritage, folks.

Mind if I cut in a little on the discussion for how manuel can make his character w/o an Adventure book (I have a site dedicated to letting people make Hunter characters without the book)?

I think that Manuel could really make a pretty decent A! character with just my and/or Heritage's e-mail adresses and ths basic information:

First, go print out a A! Character Sheet to look at while reading this.

Realize that, in three abilities that you have a 5 in it is possible to get a 6 (called an Ability Mastery). Backgrounds (called Background enhancement) have the same thing...imagine what amounts to an insane rating like 12 anf that's what it means (example: Cipher 6, "Enigma," any secret you want to keep is absolutely positively safe unless YOU do something to reveal it...now feel free to split those extra 5 now-unused dots in the background among your allies).

Pick what type you are, obviously, Heroic/Dynamic/Psychic...also which is your primary "facet" for your Inspiration [Quantum and Psi-like trait used for all types]; Intuitive [bonus to Initiative for each dot in it, and such], Reflective [deep thinking, planning], Destructive [breaking things]. Your primary has to be the highest, but you have a spread of dots to place among the three for each point of Inspiration [the trait] you have.

Then look at all the creation point numbers Heritage used [6 Backgrounds, 23 Abilities, 6/4/3 Attributes...]. Now, for the 13 Nova Points substitute 13 Transformation Points, which do this...

1= 2 Attribute Dots

1= 5 Ability Dots

1= an Ability Mastery

1= 4 Background Dots

2= a Background Enhancement

1= 2 Willpower Points

1= 1 Inspiration [Max 5]

1= 3 Inspiration to the pool [No Max]

2= One Heroic [Daredevil] Knack

or

1= 1 Level One Psychic or Dynamic [stalwart or Mesmerist] Knack

2= 1 Level 2, etc.

3= 1 level 3, etc.

Extra backgrounds are Gadget [super-science that is either Advanced or Innovative...at level 3 it can duplicate a Lvl 1 Knack, 4 a Lvl 2 Knack or two Lvl 1s, and at 5 it can duplicate a Lvl 3 Knack or two Lvl 2s or three Lvl 1s], Sanctum, and Nemesis [enemy...you get a bonus to your Inspiration Pool if you make a rool when facing him/her/it].

Now, as for Knacks and uses of Inspiration...well I can go into that or Heritage can, but I don't want to waste my time more if no one is interested in doing it this way or it turns out I've been too confusing. *chuckles*

Boy, thanks a lot, MikeMc! I *hate* when people are clear and informative! ;)

Manuel - you can try whichever system your more comfortable with. I'll type up a list of Knacks with brief descriptions tonight (hopefully), which I can then email you. Let me know how I can reach you to do this.

Sorry to do this guys - but I'm away for a week starting torrow (Saturday) until Sunday 3rd March - i'm off on holiday.

I feel kinda guilty what with us trying to uncover the mystery of Reuben's past  :crysmiley

I'll get back into things as soon as I'm back...

Apologies for the inconvenience Heritage buddy....  you're gonna have to wing it methinks?

See you all when I get back.

CHILL

• 1 month later...

Okay, we appear to have hit a MAJOR lull here at the Adventure online game. Are people just really busy, or is there something else I can do to liven things up? Are the two plot threads (Rueben's past and Enkidu's assassin) just not doing it for people? You want I should go in a whole new direction? Let me know.

jiro's being quiet because she has no money and so thinks she can't go to the show, also she already ate breakfast which is what the rest of the group is doing... she basically has nothing to do for a while, but ooc, i'm not busy... perhaps moving on to the search for rueben's trail would be good... the characters could do that until the show starts...

-harle

• 3 months later...

Here's a post I really hoped I'd never make, but in the back of my mind I knew would come someday; I just hoped it would have been later than sooner. :(

For several reasons, I don't think I'm going to be able to keep this game going. When I first started it, I was worried about this possibility becuase I put down my online Trinity game - well, actually I put it in the hands of a complete stranger, who then killed it. I regret the way that went down, and it was my fault for letting the sinister Porkchop Chuck take it over. Never trust a man named after meat.

I've recently got to a point in my life were I feel I won't be able to make anymore progress unless I'm willing to make a few sacrifices; I've got too many balls in the air right now, and I keep dropping them. After much consideration, I've decided to drastically reduce if not end completely my involvement in online games. I just don't have the time, and these long silences between my posts don't help to keep the game alive. Plus, with three other webheads living in the same house sharing one connection, it's hard to find the time.

So if at all possible, I'd like to hand the reins over to a qualified person who could keep this game alive better than I can, or take it in a completly new direction. I could email character sheets for the five NPCs I've been running, with a page of notes about what my plans are/were if said person wants to continue the story. To be honest, I don't have much - I did a considerable amount of 'winging it', which is okay for tabletop gaming but not so good for online play, at least in my opinion.

I had big plans for this story, but I never found time to sit down and hammer out the details. I'm running a huge tabletop Aberrant campaign that sucks up all my spare creative juices, which doesn't leave much left for Adventure. You guys deserve better.

I had given thought to picking one of the NPCs to play as a PC and sticking around, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea. For one thing, other than Johnny Atomo, who was basically built as a PC, the NPCs are all pretty powerful, since they were meant to be resources for the players to use; I just found Bethany so much fun to play that she maintained a pretty high level of involvement. I also don't want to say "Yeah, I'll be a player now" and then not show up for weeks at a time.

So with great regret, I'm looking for volunteers - is anyone interested? ???

hrm, i'll think about it, i have a lot going on right now, but i'm online everyday. my only concern would be burn out on my part with all the projects i have going right now. i'll get back to you guys in a day or two about it, unless of course someone wants to take it for sure, then they are welcome to it... i would hate to see the last forum based game here die...

i would hate to see the last forum based game here die...

Aw, crap, is this really true? I had no idea. Well, I hate to say it, but I still feel I need to do this. Having heard this, I am more willing to stay around as a player, if it does help keep the Last Forum Game alive. Should I post something elsewhere in the forum, or start a new topic thread? Maybe someone else outside the game would be interested in starting one or continuing this one.

Don't feel bad about leaving it heritage. We all have R/L things going on, and it's all too easy to get bogged down. We understand....

It might not be a bad idea to start up a new thread here about this, in fact, I'll help you out and do that right after I post here.

I just hope everything works out well for ya and we get to see you around still. But even if worse comes to worse, I've greatly enjoyed reading your game since the first day I came to the forum!

::thumbs-up

Archived