Trinity Universe: Pulp Britannia OOC

Asbjørn

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but this is the first time I try online roleplaying. Seems to me that it would be a good idea to agree upon a few things, just to make the technical side run as smooth as possible. So, mister storyteller, sir:

How do you want combat to be run? How much info do you want? How much of the coincidences do you want to handle? Do you want to know the exact rolls, or is the number of successes enough?

Just raising these questions since I've seen that I and Knave have different ways of doing it. For example: Do you want us to roll for damage or do you want to do it yourself? Or, on other occasions than combat / special rolls: Will you be stating difficulties in advance or do we just hope for the best? In standard tabletop roleplaying these questions can be answered as they arrive, but here I would think it's a good idea to minimize the out of game chit chat, don't you think? The faster and smoother things run, the better.

All apologies, mea culpa, etc. etc......  'Tis my first bash at online gaming too..... ::blush

Easiest way around combat (my view)....

For extras - one success needed to hit them (they don't dodge, they get by with numbers.......), and as per rulebook they only have three health levels and go down straight away if you get three+ successes to hit.  In fights with extras, decide what you want to do, make your rolls, and then post to describe your action and the effect it has (if any).

For 'named vilains/characters' - Assume you will need three successes to hit them.  Post describing your actions and number of damage dice to use (remembering to add up to five dice for extrea successes). I'll handle the rest.....

For characters attacking you, similar rules apply, but UNLESS YOU POST SOMETHING TO SUGGEST OTHERWISE, I WILL ASSUME THAT YOU ARE NOT SPLITTING YOUR DICE POOL TO DODGE ::devil.  If your post makes it look like you're trying not to get hit as well as attacking, I'll handle your dodge rolls (ain't I nice...   :) )  Hopefully this will minimise the number of dice you guys need to roll, and keep as many numbers out of combat posts as possible.....

Any other tests you need to make (Intimidate, jury rigging, etc) just describe the action and post the number of successes - I'll let you know how well you do.

Hope this is acceptable.  ::blush

Archived