Trinity Universe: Dr. Arbitrary mini-story

Dr. Arbitrary

I have a short attention span so I am creating the Dr. Arbitrary Mini-story prequel thingy. You can all see what a good ST I am.

Everyone is invited and it will continue until paradise is ready to start.

Here goes...

"the Dr. Arbitrary Mini- story PART 1"

One day Dr. Arbitrary and a bunch of other people who will be individually named later on were walking down a dirt path looking for adventure...

Dr. Arbitrary looked around and commented "wow, not much is going on right now,"

Suddenly a ... um... uh... GIANT RAT jumped out of the bushes. Dr. Arbitrary and all the other people were suprised. They all got over it in a few seconds and soon were poised for combat.

One of the other people in the entourage acted first and his action will be described in the next post.

(that's the indication that someone needs to continue on the story)

Dr. Arbitrary

"oh, a giant rat! isn't it so cute, i mean aside from the fangs and the drooling pus, the muddy fur, and the snarling. hmmm, on second thought, maybe it isn't so cute."

neatly steps behind dr. arbitrary and the rest of the group and pushes another group member (the next to post) forward a step or two towards the giant rat...

"you get it!"

;) sorry...

Meanwhile...

The ST puts up his storyteller screen that he just bought, rolls a few dice behind it, and gives the unlucky shmuck who got pushed an evil look

TWO OPTIONS FOR THE NEXT POST

A: the aforementioned "unlucky shmuck" will attack (or whatever) the rat.

B: If anyone has

a:mega perception with the enhancement(analytical hearing) they can "hear" which way the dice rolled

b:any power that can see through the storyteller screen and reveal the outcome of the dice roll. Difficulty +1 (lead plating)

Dr. Arbitrary

"Fear not lady Quin! The rrrrrodent shall not lay a paw on ye!"

*Throws a sandwich in front of the Giant rat*

Hey, did anybody see that movie the other night? Y'know, the one that...( too add realism to the game I decided to break the mood through idle chitchat)

The rat lunges at the sandwich.

(ST rolls some dice...

Wow a double botch...!::shocked )

The rat misses the sandwich, runs into a tree, and then an apple falls on its head for a total of 3 Dice of bashing...

(More dice rolling...)

The rat falls to the ground, twitches a bit, then is still.

(Victory Music Plays)

All the people in the group spend a few minutes giving eachother high-fives and they proceed to their destination...

UH...

The house of some guy who Dr. Arbitrary once lent a movie but never got it back...

The group approaches the door, but decides that they should form a plan...

(ST rolls 1000 dice... ... ... ... counts for a while...)

362 successes, but I gave a + 2 difficulty because of the lack of equipment and the fact that the curtains were closed (providing extra protection against the attack) So that gives 360 successes.

I suppose because of the overwhelming success I should let you narrarate the destruction knave.

(The House, occupants, potplants, electrical appliances and one small ferret who happened to be nearby are utterly destroyed by rampaging madmen in armour - gadding about on broomsticks looking very silly)

- (Fortunately they are almost immediately arrested by a passing police vehicle - except for knave who pretends to be ornamental)

(the 1000 knights boldly go sheepishly off to jail)

-knave

Dr. Arbitrary sifts through the rubble revealing an arm clutching a video tape.

Dr. Arbitrary exclaims "ha! you thought you could get away with 'borrowing' my video for seven months"

After sifting through more rubble Dr. Arbitrary finds a completely intact VCR and television. Popping the movie in he is shocked to see...

... The Credits.

"Dangit" Dr. Arbitrary exclaimed, "It will take probably twenty minutes to rewind this darn tape. UNLESS... We can find...

A HIGH SPEED REWINDER.

And thus ended the first chapter of Dr. Arbitrary's MINI-story: The Quest for the video.

COMING SOON, CHAPTER TWO: the Quest for the high speed rewinder.

(begin movie clip)

Dr. Arbitrary: can I borrow the high speed rewinder?

?? ??: sure, just like you 'borrowed' a piece of paper from me 6 years ago in high school

Dr. Arbitrary: THAT DOESN'T COUNT!!!! You know what I meant.

?? ??: I really needed that paper back, you should have been more careful with your wording. I suppose if you asked me really nicely I could let you borrow the high speed rewinder.

(end movie clip)

Dr. Arbitrary (its past Dr. Arbitrary's bed time, (3AM in Arizona) so this story will have to continue later) ::smiley5

(until then feel free to give comments, feedback, insults, or whatever)

The Prof carefully sifts through the rest of the rubble, uncovering an old looking leather bound book, covered in runic-like sigils (written on in tip-ex). Opening the book he has a quick skim through, before loosing 1D6 San, making his Cthulhu Mythos roll at -35%, & realising he's in the wrong game...  ::devil

SUDDENLY

a level 4 rougue jumps out from behind a tree,

His relevant stats are STR-12 DEX-18 STA-11 CHA-14 WIS-8 INT-9

UMM converting to abberant...

I guess that would be

STR 12 =5 str  + 7mega str,

DEX 18 =5 dex  + 13mega dex,

STA 11 =5 sta  + 6 mega Sta,

CHA 14 =5 cha + 9 mega Cha

INT  09 =5 int  + 4 mega int,

WIS 08 =5 wits + 4 mega wits,

everything else 3 dots.

Hmm, seems a little too powerful, maybe there is better way of converting D+D stats to abberant stats...

Good thing his shortsword only does 1 d 6 damage, it will be tricky for him to get a success (7) with a d6

The bandit growls "grrr, give me your lunch money"

After much frustration, Heritage abandons his ill-concieved experiment, throwing aside a mass of mini-marshmallows and toothpicks that was to be his first molocule.

Upon hearing the rogue's demand, Heritage adopts a heroic posture.

"We are bold, intrepid adventurers who never have time to eat lunch - however, I do have a +3 robe of manliness that you can have. It never did much for me."

The Rouge jumps foward and grabs the mass of marshmallows. "MINE MINE MINE" he yelled as he stuck the entire wad into his mouth, "MINE MFF MIMFGDFF"

Suddenly (despite the fact that he had mega int-4 and should have known better) the rouge realized there were toothpicks involved, but it was too late as the toothpicks caused 10 d 10 damage and killed the rogue.

The man keels over, clutching a note that says 'check the basement'

Dr. Arbitrary commented "well, you know what they say about bullies, low self esteem and stuff, they only bully because they don't feel good about themselves... I'm just glad he didn't ask for my lunch instead of my 'lunch money,'  I packed a fruit-roll-up yum yum"

There hasn't been much action on the Dr. Arbitrary Mini-Story lately. I've narrowed down the problem to a few possibilites:

A: People don't want to join in because they think the story stinks

B: The plot has gotten so convoluted that no one can figure out what's going on.

I can't solve problem A, But I can solve problem B with a plot summary:

PART 1:

1: a bunch of people were walking around, they got attacked by a giant rat, it got killed.

2: Then they went to  a house to recover a video that Dr. Arbitrary had lent to the guy who lived there. The house got blown up and Dr. Arbitrary recovered the video.

3: Dr. Arbitrary realized the video hadn't been rewound and decided to find a high speed rewinder.

PART 2:

1: CHILL brought some popcorn (with extra butter!!! :D )

2: A bandit attacked the group, but ate some marsmallows and died.

3: The group's only clue is a note that says "check the basement"

And that's where we are right now...

Dr. Arbitrary

Heritage wheezes and pants as he struggles to catch up with Aninemity as she dashes towards the odd building that more than likely holds the key to the mystery.

"Ani-! An-! Gyuh!"

Heritage falls to the ground in graceful slo-mo - the sound of the impact reverberates to the caverns far below, arousing the dire pixies from timeless sleep. Small gleeming eyes like sparks blink in the darkness, and a vile hissing begins - someone shall pay for disturbing their slumber.

***Due Union problems, the voice actor for the slumbering evil creature will not be done by the famous actor we were going to have, but instead we will use a teenager with a cracky voice that we found loitering around outside.***

EVIL VOICE: who disturbs my rest. (spoken unenthusiastically with improper pronunciation)

a faint rumbling sound can be heard all around. It sounds like trouble...

*strolls up wearing a studio pak tm*

sorry guys, i lost you after the rat attack... wait, you didn't disturb another sleeping evil did you? ::eh  you guys do that everytime i look away. ::sneaky2  

*reaches into pak and takes out an 18' standard metal ruler with pencils tied to it to make a hilt and an oversized clipboard with giant rubber bands on it and attaches it to her arm like a shield*

i'm ready...  ::smokin

OOC: [ color=blue ] [ /color ] only without the spaces between the brackets and the command. i assume that the basic eight are possible, i've only seen red, green, and blue though.

IC:  ::crazy "Ack! What are you doing?"

gaps at eziekel, remembers modesty and looks away.

::teleport2

"What, I can't see him."

turns around to face ezekiel

"Oh, wait never mind, I was just looking the opposite direction... Jeez what were you thinking, youre naked..."

SUDDENLY... the Storyteller descends from his heavenly vantage point.

STORYTELLER: ezekiel, for modesty's sake I'm giving you a eufiber loincloth. That way, you don't have an excuse for removing your clothes when you use a power. Get the attunement background next time you want to turn invisible. Man... I guess it would be okay if you had a dot or two in Mega-Appearance but... I'm speechless...

the storyteller hands the loincloth to ezekiel, shakes his head and ascends back into the sky

"Wow, that was kind of weird"

" Hmmm... I hope that this doesn't encourage other people to run around naked on the hopes that the ST will give them free eufiber loincloths..."

suddenly, The scary evil voice booms again with frightening intensity...

WHO, specifically... I want names, DARES DISTURB MY REST???

Dr. Arbitrary steps foward and begins to speak

"It is I, Dr. Arbitrary, knower of math and other trivial matters, slayer of the murderous gerbil of ixpah, conqueror of the pacifist tribes of Iluna, and all around nifty guy."

Archived