Aberrant: N! Newsline

Fallen_Seraph

N! Newsline...April 14th 2018

NOVOX DREAMS CANCELS SELL OUT WORLD TOUR

Hit new band Novox Dreams has been forced to cancel there sellout world tour after the lead singer Simone "Blitz" Andrews suddenly dissapeared only hours before her New York concert. After hours of searching, the rest of the tour has been put on hold for at least 6 months

Novox Dreams, who's hit single of the same name recently dislodged Alejandra herself from the top spot for 3 weeks were hoping to use the tour to launch there second album after there first "Fallen Angels" went Platinum 3 times.

How this major setback for fans will affect the bands popularity only time will tell

N! Newsline...April 25th 2012

London city defender, The London Fog, is at a loss to explain the freak weather patterns Britain's capital is currently experiencing. At first the return of the infamous 20th century smog was thought to be the defenders own work however she has since denied the accusations stating that not only did she have nothing to do with it but her own considerable weather manipulation skills were unable to remove the bothersome occurance.

N! Newsline May1st 2018

ERUPTICON '18 TO GO AHEAD

Maria Sanchaz, the sponsor and holder of the Erupticon conventions has won her court case with Utopia to put on her annual convention, which has been sold out for well over 6 months. Maria Sanchaz, herself a baseline, has been putting on the convnetion for well over 6 years, after her husband erupted due to a plane crash had this to say

"The whole convention is completely safe, we put the paying customers through high levels of stress and adrenaline, in the hope they would erupt. We have taken more safety precautions, and hope for under 100 Fatalities this year."

Erupticon is scheduled to go ahead in London in the May of this year

• 3 weeks later...

N! Now! news dated May 16, 2010

In other news, deputy leader of Team Tomorrow Americas BrickHouse has announced at a recent press conference he plans to stand down in six months when long time compatriot and current head of Team Tomorrow Auxilary's training branch Quasar returns. When asked, the founding member of T2M-Am had this to say:

" Hey, don't get me wrong, I've had a good solid crack as deputy leader, and Montoya has been nothing but supportive of me. But let's face facts; I'm a player, not a coach. When Quasar gets back from nursery school *laughter* I'll be more than happy to turn the reigns over to him. Heck, I've just been keeping his seat warm anyway. "

• 1 year later...

N! Newsline dated July 24, 2007

Today the Church of Michael Archangel was in an uproar as newly erupted nova Andrew H Brothers commented on national news about their sect.

" Those guys shouldn't be sending their (Baptist allies) to picket our (festival)." Said Brothers about the mass of Southern Baptists picketing the pagan festival he attended, after he noticed prominent Michalite, Douglas MacDonald.

"We are here to make sure the world knows that pagans are evil," commented MacDonald, "They even let aberrants have prominent places among them."

This is the second time that nova Andrew Brothers has gone on national news to show is disapproval of actions by conservative religious groups. The first being on January 11, about a violent attack by Michalites at a prior festival.

((Edit: Corrected spelling)

N! Newsline dated July 27th, 2007

In response to N!'s recent report on the words of Andrew Brothers & Douglas MacDonald, Church of Michael Archangel spokesperson Adam Vaughn recorded this statement:

"It appears that, once again, the words of one of our members have been quoted out of context by the media. As you all know, the Church of Michael Archangel is an interfaith community with a high regard for religious tolerance. Our membership includes believers of all denominations of Christians, Jews, & Muslims, as well as representatives from several other Faiths. We welcome dialogue with any legitimate Faith, as the issues our church highlights effect all of humanity."

"The so-called 'pagan religious festival' that Mr MacDonald was commenting on was, however, not an expression of a legitimate religious Faith, but rather an excuse for all sorts of debased criminal activites. Drug & alcohol abuse, self-mutilation, under-age sexual encounters & sexual abuse - to name but a few. These activities cannot, in a sane society, be excused by a claim to a 'right of religious freedom'. The 'worship' in question was nothing more than a demented rave masquerading as a religious event, & targeted specifically at the vulnerable youth of our society. Have we, as parents & friends, not the right to protect our children from such crimes?"

"As any scholar of church history will tell you, the positive content of the so-called 'pagan' religions was peacefully integrated with Celtic Christianity hundreds of years ago. The Faith of the people evolved, & most never looked back. Later events, such as the terrible 'witch-trials', much highlighted in popular entertainment & fiction, were motoivated more by political, social, & economic influences than by religious ones. Sadly, as in many cases of historic atrocity, religion was used as an excuse for these activities, & has been suffering for it ever since. Naturally, we of the Church of Michael Archangel join with all intelligent & sane people in condeming such horrors as the evil acts they were. However, these historic crimes have no relation whatsoever with the so-called 'pagans' of modern times. Modern 'paganism' can trace it's roots no further than the counter-culture movements of the 1920s & 1960s - claims to ancient origins are laughable if one truely takes the time to examine the ancient religious practices & their modern so-called 'descendents'. 'Paganism' is nothing more than a pick-&-mix of various 'New Age' ideas & misunderstood concepts taken from genuine religions & commercially packaged for the teen market. That some 'pagan' groups have been granted the legal status of religions in the US is no basis for a theological case on their part - unless one really believes that Elvis too was divine..."

"The presence of Novas at such 'festivals' does indeed make matters worse. The impressionable youth who are drawn to such dangerous counter-culture activities are also drawn to Novas. Any celebrity who abuses their position is commiting an evil act - endangering our children, even indirectly, can never be judged lightly. Novas are, for better or worse, celebrities, & should act with the responsibility that such a position brings."

"Some Novas, such as the so-called 'Church of Astaroth' or 'Thor' take matters further & claim 'godhood' in more than the usual media-idol sense. Such acts are insult to any true religious belief system, & must not be tolerated in a modern society. The UN agreed that Novas are humans, & as such they have all the usual human spiritual frailties. Certainly some may act for the common good - the church has never denied this - but many more are corrupted, in small or large ways, by the power they wield. Satan, the Devil, or whatever one chooses to call the embodiment of Evil is within us all - none can claim a pure spirit, we can only strive for such - Novas are not exempt from this, but when they fall it effects all of us. Should our rational society not move to protect itself, & it's children, from these devils-made-flesh, well deserved of the title 'aberrants'? Is that not our communal right as a people? Allowing Novas to run rampant & do what they will with little or no restraint is simple madness."

"I would hope that Mr Brothers is a reasonable young man, despite his calls to eliminate our movement's democratic right to protest. It's obvious that he's been seduced by the cosmetic 'quick-fix' solutions that 'paganism' offers young people, such as himself (proving that Novas are no-more resistant to such things than normal humans). I further hope that, in time, he may grow out of this 'phase' & become a constructive member of society. God willing that will occur before he causes too much damage to the spiritual wellbeing of our youth."

N! Newsline dated January 12, 2007

Yesterday 4 members of the Church of Michael Archangel when on a rampage during a pagan festival. They injured 5 people using bats and in one case a metal pipe before they were stopped by nova Andrew Brothers.

He quickly incapacitated (sic) the men using their own pipe, as well as a few swords that were being sold at a stand nearby, to wrap them up so they couldn't move or run.

" I just wish I could have gotten there sooner to stop them, " said Brothers.

N! Newsline dated January 12th, 2007

When questioned about the recent incident between members of the Church of Michael Archangel & the Nova Andrew Brothers at a local pagan festival, police spokesperson Detective John Bailey commented,

"It's correct that we arrested several Michaelites after an incident at the festival. They claimed that they had uncovered a drug-ring amongst the festival attendants, & were attempting to perform a legal citizen's arrest when Brothers interfered & allowed the drug dealers to escape. We are investigating these claims & all other leads. However, the department would like to make it clear that vigilante-style 'justice', by baselines or Novas, will not be tolerated."

N! The American Lens dated August 2, 2007

Robert Gruder: Welcome, once again, to "The American Eye!" If some of you remember, last week we had Michaelite Esteban Toranto on our show. Today we have someone who wished to give his own dissenting opinion to that of Mr. Toronto's and that of Adam Vaughn who, last month gave a recorded statement in response to an article published in Newsline concerning our guest. Some of you might know Mr. Brothers through the few articles that have been published about him. And now...I turn the floor over to him."

Andrew Brothers:

Thanks Robert. Ahem. Unlike Mr. Toranto, I speak not for only one group. I don't speak to hate another group. I am now speaking to clear a few points up.

My first, most basic point...It is not called a Mazarin-Rashoud Tumor. It is not Mazarin-Rashoud tumor syndrome. It is part of who we are. Just because many people don't have it...dosent make it something bad. It is not a desiese either. It needs no more curing then having an Adams Apple does. It is a natural step forward for humanity.

My second point, nova's don't exist to open old wounds any more then any public figure does. Point in case...Mr Toranto's example of Andy Vance opening an old wound because he is who he is...and wants to make sure that people don't discriminate agenst it. I could dare say that he was doing the same thing in his own way...trying to present an example...trying to get his word heard. And im sure he wouldn't appreciate discrimination agenst him and the Michaelites because of their beliefs...no matter how hate filled they are.

My next points, are in regards to Mr. Vaughns recorded statement.

For one, there is not many ways to mis-represent the quote, "We are here to make sure the world knows that pagans are evil." Though I do admit there is room for error as what I was quoted as saying was not entirely accurate, but that *was* word for word.

As for his accusation that all forms of Paganism are illegitimate. I have to say that that disappoints me very greatly. He should know, as I do, that a few forms of paganism have been officially recognized by most other religions...including the Catholic religion and most Protestant ones. Paganism is not just one little religion that they don't like. It is many religions. Some newer, like Wicca that has been around since the '60s...some older then Christianity, such as druidism...shamanism...I have even met someone who worshipped the ancient Egyptian gods the best he could considering the amount of change that had to occur in the time it was told to him. Quite frankly...if a religions only legitimate because an extremely conservative religion says so...then there would be no other religions.

As for Mr. Vaughns accusation that any Pagan festival is just a front for a public den of sin and debautchery...I would first ask which ones he has been to. The only one's that I have been to...which has been quite a few...have been about people getting together. To exchange ideas. To express themselves as indivuals. Some times...yes...sex can come into the picture. Sex is a way to find one's self. If sex is a bad thing...then we shouldn't have to do it to breed. Drugs...personally I don't endorse. Most are illegal. I do agree though that they do have religious significance though. Peote is a good example. As is wine to Catholics. As for those who mutilate themselves...well...I have only met on person who did that. And they had their reasons to do so, of which I will not say here. The point im making on this is that, just because you don't like something...or you think its wrong...dosent mean that it cant exist in a good society...like this one...that thrives on individual freedom, its not some "quick fix". You c

ant force someone to worship something they don't believe in because you are all up in arms that you are right, and only you are right and everyone best have that right idea too...and you can go spreading misinformation around to force that point either.

Im not sure what Mr. Vaughn's personal beliefs are...besides the obvious. But I really don't appreciate him trying to endorse his groups actions by contradiction himself in his own speech. For one...Are we, nova's, devils to him? Or people? The most prominent message I had from his statement was that we are devils. Inhuman. Apparently not submitting to the laws that most of us submit to. Apparently when we submit to these laws we are not doing what he thinks that we are supposed to be doing. Does he think that we should disregard the law to give him reason for his organization to exist? I don't know...but I do know that most nova's I have met, follow the law...and I know that doesn't mean much to someone dead set and determined to demonise us. Secondly, Im *not* a celebrity. I have had a quote or two taken from me, sure. Most nova's do. Im not trying to push anyone's agenda, and i make sure I don't suggest things to violent people. Unlike a certain someone. The last contradiction I will mention...is how he belie

yes he disagrees with the witch trials. I just cant force myself to believe that...because people like him are trying to start a brand *new* witch hunt. Dehumanizing nova's. Calling us demons...servants of Satan. As a celebrity...he is endorsing hate of nova's...as well as misinforming people about them. And those are two of the major contributions to the start of the witch trials.

Now...I know I have taken up a bit more of your time then I needed to...but I have one last point. I would like to thank Mr. Vaughn for recognizing that I am reasonable. But I would like to point out that this is not a 'phase' im going through. And I don't seek to take his or his groups right to protest away. Far from it...that is one of the things that make this country great. I do understand the ramifications of my actions and I know that what I do influences people. That is why I try to be the best person I can...and show people that the Michalites aren't right. That prior concepts of pagans aren't right. We are good people...just like you are.

N!terview dated August 3rd 2007

Do Pagan Novas threaten society?

Mary Brown, housewife, Washington: "That Andrew Brothers was telling us that it's ok for kids to have sex & take drugs. I've got nothing against sex, you ask Mr Brown, but it's place is between husband & wife or, at the very least, consenting adults. Drugs are just wrong. Who's he to go on TV & tell our children stuff like that? Maybe those Michaelites have a point?"

Josh Filby, student, New York: "Hey man, sex, drugs, & magic? I'm there!"

Starchild Denvers, bookstore owner, Chicago: "Andy doesn't talk for all Pagans - we don't work that way - but I agree with what he has to say. It's the same old story, isn't it? The paternalistic establishment trying to opress those it doesn't understand, who choose to live their lives differently. Women, racial minorities, sexual minorities, & religious minorities have all faced this stuff before - now it appears that they are targeting Novas too."

Bobby Kensington, singer, London: "I love that Pagan stuff. Those baby witches are so easy, y'know? Me, I spout some lines from Lovecraft, Dungeons & Dragons - stuff like that - & they're putty in my hands. Hey, if it makes them feel spiritually fulfiled then all the better, right? I know it fulfils my needs..."

Belial, Nova, San Francisco: "Andrew Brothers speaks wise words - sex & drugs make for powerful magic - even though he chooses to follow the weak path of white magic instead of embracing the power of the black arts. The Beast will deal with the pawns of the Archangel - & their delusions that their God will protect them will be proven as the lies they are. We will have vengeance for the Burning Times, & no sorry excuses in retrospect will absolve those with the blood of witches on their hands."

N!tertainment dated August 6, 2007

Well known actor John Fabry was spotted recently hanging out with mega-star Janet Thorne a posh Hollywood party. The two have known each other since meeting at a charity function in New York. It was recently confirmed by inside sources that the hot young Fabry will be playing Janet's love interest in an upcoming Western drama.

On a related note, after being photographed with director Bryan Singer, rumors have it that John may end up playing the role of "Angel", a mutant with angel-like wings, in the upcoming X-Men 3. His dazzling good looks have already convinced most women that he is definitely heaven-sent! Neither Bryan Singer nor John Fabry could be reached to confirm this rumor.

N!tertainment dated Augest 9th 2007

As rumours abound about the possibility of an 'X 3' movie (despite the current trend towards featuring real-life 'superheroes' like T2M in major Hollywood & Bollywood films), sources close to director Bryan Singer have suggested that the project may well go ahead. Reasons suggested for this bold move in our Nova-struck society include the pre-existence of licensing deals & movie rights, as well as the nostalgia angle for those of us who were kids pre-N-day.

The suggested casting choice for the winged 'mutant' (the name comics gave to Novas, 'back in the day', for those too young to remember) Angel - John Fabry - has futhered speculation that Fabry himself may well be a Nova. Although Fabry is obviously not winged himself, the Angel character is meant to be amazingly handsome, &, as more than one 'Fabrette' has posted on the actor's official OpNet site, "No-one that good-looking could be a baseline!". Fabry's agent still refuses to confirm or denie if the actor is amongst the ranks of the Erupted. We at N! doubt that any Nova in the film business who looked that good could resist visiting the Amp Room at least once - & Fabry's never been spotted there. We leave you to decide...

N!ightly N!ews

TERRAGEN MEMBER PRAISED AS HERO

The Terragen is more known for it's monstrous proponent than as a organization that turns out heroes but despite this tonight, one of their members is being lauded as a hero after a earthquake hit the small indian town of Kahrup today.

At roughly 6:30 local time a sudden earth movement brought about untold damage in the township which comprises of an estimated 43,000 people. Due in part of the slum housing which predominates a large percentage of the buildings in the area suffered massive structural failure. Local emergency teams responded and started the search for survivors but at 7:03 they found their workload assisted by the sudden drop in the local gravity field.

It was latter discovered by a Team Tomorrow relief team that this was due to the presence of known Terat Ganymedes, who was visiting neibouring Pakistan to try and Disuade Nova's in the employ of both nations to cease hostilities.

The Immidiate Team Tomorrow response was to approach the Radical Nova but when they drew near he swiftly fled the scene.

Bespite allegations to the contrary lodged by Caestus Pax himself that it was the Terragen who were responsible for the sudden land movement the people of Kahrup today are thankful for the presence of the Nova who's actions is thought to have saved hundreds of lives.

--- END ---

To learn more about Kahrup click here

To learn more about the Terragen click here

To learn more about Ganymedes click here

To learn more about Team Tomorrow click here

N!ews N!ow

The Indian Government issued a statement tonight branding the actions of known Teragen member Ganymedes as "endangering the fragile peace" that exists between itself and Pakistan.

Viewers will remember that earlier today known the Nova known as Ganymedes crossed the Indian / Pakistan border to help in rescue efforts in the Indian township of Kahrup after a localised earthquake rendered most of the town to rubble. Members of Team Tomorrow continue to heap the blame for the incident on the Terat despite a suprising mute from Project Utopia officials.

Having been forced off by the arrival of Team Tomorrow members Ganymedes was subsiquently attacks by Indian Surface to Air Missles systems as he vacated Indian Airspace. Indian military sources remain optimistic that the terat was downed before reaching Pakistani airspace, although observers on the ground indicate that out of the three missions launched against the Nova, none were successful.

Ganymedes, a well known advocate of Nova rights to expression and development is due to give the Keynote speach tonight at the Pakistani Association for tollerance & Co-operation.

• 2 months later...

N! Evening Newsline August 14th 2007.

Tragedy struck the Dreyson family this morning, eastern standard time, just outside of the Australian city of Hobart. It is believed that a faulty nightlight caused an electrical short, causing their family home to catch on fire and then exploded killing all five members of the household. Investigators say that the explosion cannot be attributed to the fire, and believe that it is highly likely the result of one of the family members errupting into a Nova. The final report of the investigation team is expected to be released later tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N! Breakfast Newsline August 15th 2007.

The investigation of the Dreyson family tragedy, which left all five members of the Australian household dead in Tasmania yesturday. Shows that four of those who died in the blaze had died as a result of suffocation due to smoke inhillation. The fith, the youngest son Mathew (aged 7), had errupted durring the fire, his erruption had caused the explosion that blew apart the house, putting out much of the fire. He is believed to have perrished when the roof subsequently collapsed in on him as a result of the explosion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 years later...

N! Evening N!ewsline, dated April 27, 2011

This morning, nova Michal Wesson, owner of a small company known as SuperGeek Enterprises, reached a compromise with the United States Government. This compromise will allow Michal to complete the building of his space elevator in the city of Mojave, California, in exchange for giving the US full access to the patents and blueprints to build their own. The United States government has not yet declared where they will build their own elevator, but an anonymous source from NASA said that, "[a space elevator] has to be cheaper than paying the Daedulus League to ferry supplies to the space station every month."

The conflict between SuperGeek Enterprises and the US government began two years ago, when he reached an agreement with the country of Egypt. In exchange for funding, he provided training and a lease of his patents to allow the Egyptian government to build their own thread up to space. As seen in recent news stories, the Egyptian government is well on its way to completing their own, expecting it to be operational by the end of this year. SuperGeek Enterprises has also reached agreements with the governments of Spain, Japan, and Australia, with all of those countries expected to begin construction by the end of 2012.

When asked why he was negotiating with such Utopia-hostile nations, Michal said simply, "Space is meant for all of mankind to explore, not just who the Aeon Society decides is qualified for it." He also expressed great interest in developing asteroid mining, terraforming other places in our solar system, and using the gas giants in the solar system as a source for tritium (a material neccessary for nuclear fusion).

----====----====----====----====----

N! Live Breaking N!ews, dated December 31, 2018

Tragedy struck today in the city of Addis Abbaba, as the terrorist group Islamic Jyhad detonated an anti-matter device just outside the city limits. Damage to the Team Tomorrow headquarters was limited, due to the new quantum-powered shields installed only two days ago. Sadly, most of the city is now a giant smoking crater.

Reports coming in from the remains of the city are sketchy, but the devestation here is clearly unparalleled. A video report from the Islamic Jyhad's leader, Mohammed Mohammed, was released only seconds before the blast, and our experts here at N! believe that it was being recorded from the scene only moments before he detonated the device. As many know, Mohammed Mohammed has been wanted for nearly five years, after his terrorist bombings and mass murders in Washington, DC. He had repeatedly sworn in his efforts to destroy other novas, while denying that he himself was one.

Wait a moment ... we finally have a working electronic line with the Team Tomorrow base. Their facility there is heavily damaged. While the shields apparently stopped most of the destruction from the anti-matter bomb, the shield generators themselves exploded, killing seven baselines and one nova. The estimated death toll is currently at two million, and expected to rise as the atmospheric effects are felt around the world.

Now this is interesting. Apparently, a nova teleported into the Team Tomorrow headquarters, attempting to warn them of the upcoming attack. She claimed to be working with the Argus Agency, but the members of Team Tomorrow claim the received her warning only a few minutes before the bomb's detonation, not leaving enough time to locate the source of the danger. The nova herself disappeared out into the city, leaving us with her almost certain fate. Here's a picture of her, taken from the Addis Abbaba security cameras, and our database says that the nova was one Clio Darby, the daughter of a member of the British House of Lords. She had been working for the Argus Agency for several years now, and was one of the first novas who arrived on the scene of the first London mass murder.

N! N!tertainment N!ews, 4 May 2013

As another example of novas who need their own babysitters, the nova Julio "Spacewreck" Montez claimed that the planet Venus was shifting out of its orbit yesterday. As most faithful N! watchers know, "Spacewreck" Montez is the same nova who claimed two years ago that an alien race known as the Psiads had, at one time, enslaved humanity as their own galactic army. This led to a brief period where the Scientologists considered him an ally, until he expanded on his supposed knowledge of the other intelligent species in the galaxy.

Michal Wesson, owner of SuperGeek Enterprises and the current leader in space exploration, could not be reached for comment. His secretary Athena, however, said that while "Spacewreck" Montez's comments were undoubtably due to quantum taint rather than secret galactic knowledge, "the chances of humanity being the only intelligent species in this galazy are lower than the chance of every single baseline simultaneously erupting on April Fool's Day."

-----=====-----=====-----=====-----

N! Science N!ews, 17 May 2015

Almost two years to the day after Julio "Spacewreck" Montez's accidental death while building the new space platform "Babylon 1," some of his dying remarks proved to be remarkably prophetic. Observers at the Honolulu Institute have confirmed that the planet Venus is, in fact, shifting her orbit. According to their predictions, Venus will continue to slide outward from the sun over the next century until it passes outside of Earth's orbit. They stressed that the chances of collision are minimal, but reactionary groups everywhere have started preparing for the worst.

-----=====-----=====-----=====-----

N! Evening N!ews, 22 May 2015

In a press conference earlier today, Anteus publically left the service of Project Utopia. Reading from a prepared statement, the nova declared that he was leaving Utopia to serve "the better interests of nova-kind." In the same press conference, Michal Wesson, owner of SuperGeek Enterprises, revealed that his company and space efforts have been dedicated all along to finding a new, permanent home for novas.

"Three years ago we started the effort to move the planet Venus into an orbit complimentary to Earth's. Face it - novas and baselines, despite our similar origens, are too different to survive together unless something changes. We need our own home, and that means leaving yours. By the time a century has passed, our home will be ready for all of us. Close enough to visit, but far enough away that all of us can feel safer."

Various world leaders have expressed both joy and dismay over the prospects of novas moving permanently off-planet. Caestus Pax, head of Team Tomorrow, said that it was both "a damn noble and a damn stupid thing to do. Who's this pipsqueak to decide where other novas have to live?" The Supreme Ayatollah of Iran threatened that "those touched by the accursed power of quantum will not be able to escape Allah's wrath, no matter how far they flee." And former President Portman merely shrugged, smiled, and gave a thumbs up.

• 3 weeks later...

N! Evening N!ews, 30 July 2015

Famous construction tycoon Marcus Wesson was arrested earlier tonight, along with a half-dozen other people, as part of a sting against the terrorist group The Church of Michael Archangel. Mr. Wesson and six other people have been arrested on a multitude of charges, including conspiracy to commit murder, tax fraud, and funding a terrorist organization. A spokesman for the Attorney General's office said that Mr. Wesson has been under surveilance for several years, ever since a non-fatal bombing in Eureka, Nevada, started a fire that claimed eleven buildings. "He's been working against the interests of the United States for almost twenty years, and we're just glad that we finally have enough evidence to convict him."

The conspiracy charges revolve around an alleged plot by Marcus to have his son, the nova Michal Wesson, killed. While the other six were involved somehow in the plot, N! has been given no further information on how this plot was uncovered, or the other accused's roles in this plot.

Marcus Wesson's lawyer could not be reached for comment.

N! Evening N!ews, 2 Feb 2010

A large explosion two nights ago in Mexico has revealed the existance of a drug-refinery compound in Sonoma, Mexico. Agents of the DEA and the Mexican government held a press conference this morning, where they revealed the results of their sting. "This was a very fortunate occurange," said Agent George Padilla of the DEA. "We've been tracking shipments of heroin and crystal meth coming from this area in Mexico, and when the Mexican government asked for our cooperation, we were only too happy to help.

"Reportedly, on the 31st of January, a fire was accidentally set near a large gasoline tank in the compound, and the leaking tank caught fire and exploded in short order. When the local fire squad responded, they were met with bullets, and our helicopters were called in assist in bringing down the suspected drug haven."

The DEA reported the confiscated drugs to be worth between $400 and $600 million dollars street value. They also strenuously denied that any novas were involved in the capture of the compound. "This one was all us," Agent Padilla said. Neither government would confirm the rumor that the compound's vault, containing between $3 and $5 million in cash, had been emptied, or that several of the resisting cartel members had been shot or beaten to death before the DEA helicopters could arrive.

• 3 weeks later...

N! Live Breaking N!ews, 1 Jan 2011

In a shocking turn of events this evening, the announcer for this year's Times Square event was killed at the stroke of midnight. The nova fashion designer and model known only as Kito was stabbed through the heart right as the ball dropped. The elite Totentanz was seen vanishing from the scene, using advanced technology to evade the police as he vanished through the New Year's crowds, the blood of the dying nova still on his hands.

According to New York City police, Kito had been under investigation as a possible member of the terrorist group Teragen, even as he also worked as an interrogator for the State Department. Kito's faithful bodyguard, the gothic and deranged Vincent Santiago, has been detained for questioning about both the murder of Kito and for the investigation into Kito's Teragen ties.

• 4 weeks later...

N! N!tertainment N!ews, 10 Aug 2019

Today's Gen Con ended with a blast, as nearly half the registered attendees showed up to the fifth annual Rifters game held by none other than SuperGeek Enterprises' Michal Wesson. The game had to be moved a separate venue this year, and the stadium was packed. *photo shot of full basketball stadium* This year, due to the overwhelming demand, Michal raised the number of participants to twenty, all of them forking over one hundred thousand dollars for the privelege of joining a role-playing session where they can see and hear everything that their characters were interacting with. Not only that, but almost thirty thousand people dropped an extra twenty dollars over their registration to just sit in the stands and watch the game as it unfolded. Even the guests of honor were missing from the convention, as our N! cameramen caught shots of Michael Shanks and Jolene Blalock sitting in the stands - front row, no less. Details for next year's game haven't been released yet, but the rumors flying around the convention is that the Gen Con staff are pressuring Michal to raise the price of attendance to his games even further - no doubt to defray costs for the exhibitors at the convention missing out on half their attendance for the day.

• 4 months later...

N! N!ews Exclusive! 1 Dec 2013

Today, our cameramen are bringing you live the opening ceremony for the space station Babylon 1, in near Earth orbit, the first man-made space station designed to facilitate quick and easy transportation to the other planets in our solar system. This room right here is the docking room, where the Dart mini-transports stop after picking up cargo and passengers from the three operational space elevators in the US and Egypt. When Japan and Spain's elevators go online in the first six months of next year, this will be even busier. As you can see, the docking bay here has room for over three dozen Darts, more than currently exist.

Here's another shot from another camera crew further 'up' on the station, at the shipyards. Currently empty, supplies will start being ferried up to the station next month to begin construction on the first intraplanetary ship. So far, a name hasn't been chosen, but station personnel have a betting pool going, with the most popular choices being "Enterprise," "Andromeda," and "Apollo's Chariot." The new ship will have a crew capacity of one hundred seventy-five and a passenger capacity of five hundred. Supposedly, when this ship is done, her first mission will be to start a permanent settlement base on the Lunar surface.

This next shot is of the station gardens. This indoor park covers nearly seven acres, spread out over eight different floors with over twenty-two access points. Not only does the garden provide much-needed oxygen replenishment, it's also one of the primary places for recreation on board. Fruit trees mix with grassy areas, and this river is part of the water recycling system on board the station, as well as being six waterfalls through the park. Swimming in the river is not just permitted but encouraged.

Our last camera crew is standing inside one of the luxury suites on board the station. This luxurious room has a shot of Earth down below, as you can see, and the adjustable windows let you filter out the natural sunlight to any degree you like. This room costs a whopping $175,000 a night, and is already booked solid through December of next year - along with every other room for rent on the station. And that doesn't even count the costs of transportation up to the station!

Tune in tomorrow afternoon for our in-depth look at the Babylon 1, including special looks at the unique artificial gravity system developed by SuperGeek Enterprises, as well as the new United Nations chambers and the station's meteor defense systems.

N! Evening N!ews, 27 Apr 2016

In a ceremony earlier this evening, the first intraplanetary ship was officially commissioned. A bottle of champagne was broken over the bow of the Aethon, named for one of the four horses that pulled the chariot of Helios, the Greek sun god. Many noted officials were present on the Babylon 1 for this ceremony, including UN Secretary-General Howe, US President Portman, and the heads of all four Team Tomorrows. The ceremony itself was conducted very briefly by the co-owner and designer of the ship, Michal Wesson. The Aethon is only the first of a projected four Chariot-class vessels, with the second to begin construction in three days.

The Aethon will be taking some of the dignitaries along on her maiden voyage, to make an orbit of the moon before returning to the Babylon 1 for the first of several trips. The UN is starting the first human colony on the Lunar surface on the historical landing site of Neal Armstrong.

After the ceremony, some of the dignitaries present spoke to our N! reporters about the new ship and humanity's reach for the stars. President Portman said, "The US applauds the bold step forward into the stars, and our own program is picking up. In a decade, we'll have our own fully-fledged colony on the moon as well." Caestus Pax said merely, "I like it," referring to the Aethon himself. Designer Michal Wesson said, "I'm just glad to see him finally off the blueprints and in the flesh, as it were. Once the UN has their own ship, as well as the Aethon to back them up, I can start building the next design - an asteroid mining ship." And not to be outdone, the Aethon's AI spoke up during the ceremony in the cargo bay, asking after the official plaque had been mounted, "Can I go yet?"

• 1 month later...

N! Breaking N!ews, 3 Oct 2020

Word has just come in from Tampa Bay, Florida, where an attack on a Rashoud facility just took place less than ten minutes ago. According to law enforcement on the scene, at least two dozen people armed with 'nova killer' six-gauge shotguns broke into the facility, killed at least one nova and eleven baselines, and escaped again. Two of the accused attackers are being ferried to the city morgue, but one anonymous officer said the men had burns covering them consistent with the powers of Harry 'Searchlight' Montague, the Brazilian doctor working at the clinic, whose fate is currently undetermined.

Also missing in the carnage are Paul Roderick Smith, nephew of the infamous Church of Michael Archangel killer Roderick Smith, and one as-yet unnamed nova who had recently erupted. Law enforcement officials, as well as Utopian representatives, have yet to make a statement about the kidnapping of these two novas, but we here at N! fear the worst.

• 1 year later...

N! Evening N!ews, 29 Sep 2019

Earlier today, on board the Babylon 1, the third interplanetary craft had the keel laid. So far, humanity has gotten to experience close-up encounters of our solar system on board the Chariot, run by Project Utopia, and the Aethon, owned and operated by SuperGeek Enterprises, the designers of the Chariot-class vessel. With landings on Titan, and samplings of the atmospheres of Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus, humanity is taking to the stars like never before. The third ship has not yet been named, but it will be a new type of craft. We go live now to an interview with Michal Wesson, CEO of SuperGeek Enterprises and the lead designer of both Babylon 1 and the Chariot-class vessels.

Wolf Blitzer: Mr. Wesson -

Michal: Please, just Michal.

WB: Alright then, Michal. Tell our viewers about the new class of ship. This isn't just going to be another Chariot type vessel, is that right?

M: That's just it, Wolf. Utopia has the blueprints to build themselves another two Chariot-class vessels, and the next one, Apollo, is due to start construction next month, after they perform some maintenance on the Chariot. So I'm starting on my next class of ship.

WB: I suppose the first thing I want to know is, will this one take us outside of the solar system?

M: *laughs* I'm afraid not. Faster than light travel is, disappointingly, still in the realm of science fiction. I have a few theories about how, but that's the kind of testing that will require decades to work out.

WB: Well then, what is this new ship of yours going to be?

M: The new ship will be called the Sleipnir, after the horse ridden by Odin in Norse mythology. He's designed to be an asteroid miner ship, to visit the asteroid belt, and the rings of the gas giants, in the hopes of more cheaply harvesting heavy metals. The Sleipnir, unlike the Chariot-class, won't be atmosphere-capable.

WB: Do you think that asteroid mining will really become more profitable than terrestial mining?

M: In the short run, it probably won't be cheaper. But it will be environmentally safer. If I go out and gut an asteroid, all I have to do is make sure it won't come crashing down on the inner planets. If I tried to gut, say, a couple square miles of West Virginia, I'd have everybody in a hundred mile radius lining up in court to take a crack at me. If we can move some of this kind of mining out into space, it'll leave our backyard - Earth - a lot cleaner.

WB: But, surely, you can't find everything you want to harvest out there.

M: You're right. There won't be any fossil fuels to find in the asteroids, and most of the radioactive metals won't be safe for harvesting either. But the metals with common industrial uses - iron, cobalt, tungsten, platinum - they're all out there, floating through the vacuum of space.

WB: I suppose my last question is, when will the Sleipnir be ready to start?

M: With the keel laid today, we expect the Sleipnir to leave the Babylon 1 sometime around New Years, 2022.

WB: I'm Wolf Blizter, here with Michal Wesson, for the N! Evening N!ews. Thank you and goodnight.

Archived