Trinity Universe: Starting a new game

Paradise

Well, I am giving a two week notice.That is right weeks, from now if I do not have four people who want to play. I will not run the game.This may seem odd but  I do not think two people is enough to play.. you don't have hav your characers done by then but I would hope two week is enough time to do so.

I see some people saying they want a pbp game  but less saying they want to play in this one so there is the list so far.

1) Pax

2) ezekiel

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

and maybe

8)

I will update this next week,and whenever someone joins the game.

All charatcer profiel can be sent to my private messages on this forum,or norwayas@hotmail.com.. I have yahooo,aim,and msn. Sorry for not counting you, I am thick  headed sometimes...

1) Pax

2) ezekiel

3)DBuss

4)

5)

6)

7)

and maybe

8)

Send all character sheets, remeber that  it is only a 20 point game,and I have afew changes to some powers.They are small,and not likely to be used.Anyone  who is in the game should read the past thread on this forum.. one again the link is http://www.chill.uk.net/cgi-bin....30;t=82 I will strive tomake around a three or four page back ground. I can not stress this, if the game takes place in the US  the players should not be contected to Utopia,and  ebing a part of T2M at least openly is a swift boot out in less than a month.US laws treat novas strangely to start with,as I should state nearly one thrid of all nova living state sides are a part of plan eden..even if only 100 live in the city in 2015.. if anyone wish to talk of how they should make charatcer please tell me,with a good point..I could change the setting,and the power levels.

Hi all,

I've just joined up (based on all those recomendations over on the WW Trinity Universe forum), & I'm interested in this here play-by-post game-thingy. I've no idea how such a thing works (but that's never stopped me before), & all those "smiley" pictures to the left whilst I'm typing this are a bit eerie, (some are waving at me...)

Anyway, if someone could throw me a summery of how you "play by post" I'd be grateful. I read the game background bit: the all-Nova city of Eden - sounds weird, but in a good way. I guess the characters would be "normal citizens" if everyone's a Nova, so it's a sort of backlash against the usual state of affairs in an Aberrant universe world, right?

I haven't got any ready-made 20 Nova point characters, so is there any preference for the character types? Thinkers, combat, investigation, or whatever? You mentioned Spiderman level stuff, so are you going for a kind of street-level game (street level for a Nova city anyway)?

::smiley5

the only thing I ask fo you is try to make a chartacer that is as new you can make it.. And I am aiming more for a bat man like world than punisher.More super man than spawn..But rember this not a silver age, the world is not full of villians that play by the good guy rules..at the same time if the good guys don't play by the rules, then they are also the bad guys..in other words I am looking for anti-heros. Ace, the head of the civil watch as Eden calls it is greatly feared.Not becuase he kills, but becuase he will nto kill if he avoid it.But it is one thing not to kill,and another not harm. the moto of Eden is this, you  as least force as you can to get the ob done in the cleanest way.

Also I by means will make the player play eden,It is sut oen the large players in the world,the top five, being in no oder Utopia,Tarat,Us/eden,UN and deviris..it is that in the US Utopia is not is tolarated at best,and Devris is more welcomed..well the trats are well you know what they are." ::malrules "

Cheers all.

I've had a look at that "The Game is Afoot" Adventure! play-by-post thread (not all 40 pages mind), so I think I kinda' get the style of such a game format. (By the way, the first 15 pages or so were excellent, loved all the characters - may well steal some bits for my own games at some point).

I'll have to go & have a think about a character for this Eden game. Hmmm, there's this Quantum Construct idea I had (hope no-one reads the WW Trinity Universe forum...  ::devil  ).

I do not mean to sound as I am nto sure about my gameas I am..But I looked over what sort of nova you could make with 20 points,and it seemed lititing.. I will make that 25 points to be clear the the novas int eh groop are still "new" blood.

Hi, everybody! ::smiley5 Long time, no post, eh?

Is it still possible to get in on the game? I believe I have a low-level character lying around I could tweak a bit.

And Prof Potts, thanks for the kind words on 'Game's Afoot,' one of the funnest projects I've been a part of - in an ideal world, I'd still be running it. (sigh)

So, can I play? Huh, can I, can I?

you sure can..join

And about what types of charatcer I have to say this.. if your

characters spies..just lie.but your going to have to tell me who you are working for in private and I will get the detales out of your private needs ::devil

Next what city is goign to take place... you should tell me this..and dependign the group everyone want to play limits where they can play in.

Lastly the days people can play...

At this point I'm interested in playing a rather newly-erupted Independant - I have issues with just about all the factions, as cool as they are, and want to try something new. Not to say that I might not be recruited later on.

She's a former photograghy major turned professional theif, who can't resist poking around where she doesn't belong. She's hiding out in Eden (if that's where we're playing), hoping to lose herself among the other novas.

I play a super-hero!   ;)

The game can take place anywhere as far as I'm concerned, though big cities are better. Istanbul? Paris? London? New-York?

Besides tuesdays and often thursdays or fridays, I'm pretty much always freeable. Uhmm, determing where everybody is might be important to determine when we can play...I'm at -5 GMT (Ontario...) at the moment. Though I tend to stay up late during the week since I never have classes in the morning. Times might get sketchy at the end of the month/beginning of next month when I'll have to plead for an ICL moot court exercise but I'll try to manage to get some play in when everyone else can play.

::devil  (Unless stomped on by the ST - & I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that  ::halo ) I'm playing Adam Vaughn, Nova leader of a demon-worshiping cult "The Dark Templars". It's OK, it's America, so he got it registered as a religion & a charity ::bigsmile ! No, seriously, Adam's really a nice guy - don't listen to the bad press - it's a "good" kind of demon-worshipping cult, honest... ;)  ::devil

Beyond that he's basically Independent, but begining to have Terat leanings...

I can usually jump on the computer for a bit after work most nights (I'm in England so I'm on GMT). Weekends are a bit more nebulous (I've got an Adventure! game to run, amongst other things), but I should usually be able to at least pop on for a quick squizz.

Are we running this as play-by-post in the forums or in the chats? If we're doing it as a chat, it's going to be a lot harder to schedule; I'm in Chicago, which I think is GMT -6 or so, and I tend to have an erratic schedule. Either way, I'd still like to try and make it work.

I'm presuming play-by-post, since a play-by-chat seems almost as hard to organise as a face-to-face "normal" RPG session, & we all know that can be a pain in the bottom  ??? !

I'm afraid my role-play needs are not a top priority when it comes to granting Internet access time in this house, so co-ordinating specific times could be tricky.

I vote play-by-post!  ::thumbs-up

If at all doable I vote to play in the chat room (with the die rollers!). Play by post could get frustratingly long progress wise. 'Course the hard part is finding a time when everyone can play...The best would probably be for paradise to post when he's available (him being the ST and all...) and see if there's a time slot when we can all play.

Archived