Trinity Universe: Ethiopia Game

Umoja

*Mikhal continues to yell some more into his phone*

I want this to make headlines..... This could be what keeps me here!

*The rest of what he says gets caught in the already panicy crowd trying to ignore the Novas and get back to work*

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Greta smiles knowingly.*

"Good, glad you are.  Say, mind if I get a copy of those photos after you send them off to whatever news agency you're working for?" she asks nonchalantly, glancing down at the pouch where the camera is with a slightly condescending look on her face.  She grins appeasingly then, showing straight rows of pearly white teeth.

"So Mikhail," she continues, putting an arm around his shoulder and walking with him,"Since you're obviously going to make me look bad, snapping photos like that, I think you should buy me lunch.  In Addis Addaba.  In a very nice, expensive restaurant. It's the least you can do, you know, since you're going to ruin my vacation." For emphasis, she gives his shoulder a painful squeeze.

*Mikhal laughs a bit, and then shakes his head*

Sorry, Not giving pictures to you.  I have rights as a reporter, so if you want to bring harm to me because you are a Nova and  I am not, I remind you I have lawyers... lots of them.

*He tries to pick her arm off his shoulder, and move away... thought it was hard enough with black and white*

*the hand doesn't budge*

"Don't misunderstand me, I wasn't threatening.  Do you think this is the first time some tabloid has snapped photos of me? You can send them off, print them, whatever.  I don't care.  I just want a set of copies of my own, you know? So I can hang it next to the picture of me and Totentanz.  I don't think that's too much to ask, and you took my picture without my permission.  I've got lawyers too."

"So, about lunch..."

Although the nova on the balcony hardly batted an eyelid when the two ovas were scrapping below his balcony, he becomes decidely more agitated when the nova below seems to be threatening the photographer.  Novas should never abuse their powers in that fashion.  He decides to observe the situation for a few more minutes before taking any action.

OOC: Who or what is a totentanz? and is he half as nasty as Caestus Pax?

(OOC: He's an Aberrant character, which you can find written up in  the Elites book, but who's mentioned in just about every book.  Everybody has their pet favorite character from this setting, for most it seems to be Pax, or Mal.  Totentanz is my fav, personally.

Depends on what you mean by nasty.  He's not as *powerful* as Pax... but I'd be alot more scared of 'Tanz, and so is just about every Nova on earth, if you believe the Elite book.  )

OOC: ill stick with Pax

IC: *a well built man (no he aint by the look of him vindicator) who looks to be an american walks into the market place, he looks at greta and then up to a balcony where a man is standing and smiles. he walks over to Greta and Mikhal*

"hello, my names Josh Lynam, are you the nova who was just involved in that little Altercation that just took place?"

*he takes out his cell phone a pen and a notebook*

*Greta takes her hand off Mikhail, crosses her arms, and frowns.  She flicks her finger a few times in irration, and then sighs. The geometric patterns in her eyes shift more rapidly.*

*she reaches out suddenly, ripping open the pocket where Mikhail has his camera, crushing it in her fist.*

"Did you want to ask me something, Josh?" she says.

*Mikhal looks in shock, he starts screaming at her in Rapid languages before he can bring himself to even think in English*

My camera!  It is digital! You owe me 500 British pounds for destroying that!

*He quickly searches through the pieces trying to find something, he quickly picks up a few pieces that are heavily dented and puts them in his other pocket*

That is prime destruction of property and violation of self, your lucky these courts changed from the Christian laws they used to use after the civil war of '97. I can see why people the world over don't like your kind.... all you do is aggravate things for those of us normal people tryingt to make a living! You wanna crush my head for that?

*Mikhal turns away and starts heading for the spice stall muttering... if anything, this may wake Ethiopian news up to his reporting*

(OOC:Cool! This is some good roleplaying going on!  :Devil )

*Greta shakes her head as Mikhail leaves, smirking in resignation.  She cocks her head at Josh, looking at him for a few seconds.*

"F*** this." she spits.

*She turns away, and begins heading back to where her fellow DeVries-employees are, wanting only to go home and take a shower, and forget about this ruined vacation day.*

The nova on the balcony has headed downstairs very swiftly at the site of the nova destroying the baseline's property.  That's an abuse of power.  He may have no official power or influence in Ethiopia, but he is not going to let this Elite bully baselines into doing anything they want.

As the Elite turns away towards the exit of the market, he is already blocking the way.  He is lean, but certainly has a military look to him and is wearing a crisp cut European suit.  "I believe that you own that man compensation.  Perhaps we can say that it was an accident if you hand over the money now."  He readies himself to respond to any aggressive move by the Elite.

*steps in Greta's way*

"im sorry but i aint finished here, and dont think about laying a hand on me cause u try anything like you did on the other people who youve attacked here and ill have pax here quicker than you can bat an eyelid. i warned you once about touching baselines and now i have to do it again dont i"

*grabs great by the shoulder, dorms up into vindicator*

*Greta slaps the hand away as soon as it touches her, though not very hard.  She's aware of the man behind her swelling in size to Vindicator, even as the other Nova steps in front of her.*

"What the f*** is this? A comic book? 'Stop, Evil Doers!' You two going to fight over who gets to beat me up?" she jibes sarcastically at them, her accent fading.  "I don't carry that much money around with me.  You can talk to my lawyers."

*she turns, pointing a finger at Vindicator.*

"As for *you*.  Read. The F***ing  Munich Declaration of Nova rights!  I was within every right that I have to do what I did after that guy shoved me.  I don't f***ing care what your pansy boy-scout code says, I did nothing wrong there.  As for Mikhail's camera, I'll buy him a newer model, and I'll even throw in a tripod, how's that? He took pictures of me without my permission anyway!"

"Now will everybody leave me the f*** alone! I'm on vacation."

*She steps around them, and keeps walking to the edge of the market, where the DeVries truck is parked, waiting.*

*grabs great by the shoulder, dorms up into vindicator*

(OOC: Just a note, you indicated that he grabbed her *first*, and then un-dormed himself.  Which means you grabbed her with a baseline's strength.  Just a note, regarding how she was able to slap the hand away.  Remember, it takes several seconds for dormancy to be shut off.)

OOC: i know i grabbed with the baseline strength that was my intent.

"well legally i was justified in what i did. you used your powers on a baseline, something that is quite illegal, there are such things as resonable force and over excessive force. as for his camera as a member of the media he has rights to those photos he took, u want to argue about that fine do it the right way get a sodding lawyer and take him to court, ever touch a baseline when im nearby again and i swear ill use excessive amounts of force on you. enjoy you vacation and make sure my boy scout code doesnt get too offended by your presence in the future"

*smiles at Greta and watches her leave then turns to Mikhal*

"you alright little guy?"

*Greta pauses, and looks back.*

"Did you just threaten me? I'm sure your Project Utopia superiors would love to hear about how you're going around threatening to kill people." she says.

*She continues on, leaving the market.*

(OOC: Say Vindicator, just a request, would you mind using capitalization and punctuation? It would make reading your posts a little easier.)

OOC: im actually very bad at punctuation as youve probably noticed. I will however tyr to use it more.

IC: "did i say kill? dont jump to assumptions, ive never had to kill and i dont plan to start on you.

Oh and by the way ill be in contact with you and your agency about the mans medical expences. Im sure the courts will see your act of breaking a baselines arm as self defence.

Or you could simply foot his hospital bill rather than me having to get my lawyers to rip you and your agency down in front of a jury to get you to do it."

*looks very calm and cooly toward Greta as he speaks and then simply smirks and turns to the new nova and Mikhal again*

"Now as i was saying, how u doing little guy? Mind if we have a little talk before you dart off?"

((I'm going to speed up time in this setting probubly, if things slow down, maybe to a few days later, so you can bring in another Temp character if you want, but I'm sort of running this like a play with different scenes))

*Mikhal looks at Vindicator*

I am not little, and I don't need help from you  or any members of your so called "Superior" Nova race.  I'm gonna see if she didn't ruin this data chip and then maybe get some rest.  

*Mikhal goes back to the stall, and starts talking to the shop keeper in Amharic.  The shopkeeper laughs a bit, and Mikhal tries to cool down a bit as he goes for his cell phone, his bosses are either going to really love, or really hate this.*

Amina reappears in front of the DeVries van, waiting for Greta. (Greta would recognize Amina as a fellow elite by the name of Mercy, generally strictly fights novas as that she's a quantum vampire, although is tough as nails. She starts the conversation in a ever so faintly irrated voice.

Anna won't be happy about that. It's bad press, never makes for a good paycheck. Next time, just bruise a wrist and never, and I do mean never f**k with the media. All it'll do is get you fired.

Excuse me? I take every single assignment.  I show up on time, I finish every mission, I follow orders, and I've never be disabled in the field yet.  I think I can stand a little bad press, better than taking sh*t from reporters and thugs.

Where were you, anyway? I almost got turned to paste by the time you showed up.  Are these emergency buttons Anna put on our phones just for show, then?

*Greta says this in a voice more that a little irrated, although not specifically irritated at Mercy.  Just ticked off in general. *

(Which is a common state of mind for Greta, as fellow Elites would know.  She wasn't christened "Der Hammer" by Superimpose for nothing.)

Excuse me? I take every single assignment.  I show up on time, I finish every mission, I follow orders, and I've never be disabled in the field yet.  I think I can stand a little bad press, better than taking sh*t from reporters and thugs.

Where were you, anyway? I almost got turned to paste by the time you showed up.  Are these emergency buttons Anna put on our phones just for show, then?

You? Paste? Hardly. Besides, why do you have your equipment with you on leave? The phones are for when we're on duty. Ah well, what do I care.

Amina leaves casually on the van and looks up at the sky, appearing to watch the few tiny wisps of cloud moving by.

As for reporters, ever notice how much sway N! has in which of us gets contracts? Doesn't always matter how well or how often you work. It mostly matters how well you're advertised.

As for reporters, ever notice how much sway N! has in which of us gets contracts? Doesn't always matter how well or how often you work. It mostly matters how well you're advertised.

*Greta clicks her tongue in annoyance, and then opens the door to the van, sitting down on the footrest for a moment.*

Bad press hasn't stopped me yet.  People like a Bad Girl, don't ya know? Maybe you should try it some time.

Amina reaches out her hand and trys to say something to try to stop Greta but is too late. She stands in silence watching the van depart. After a moment she shakes her head and chuckles to herself.

"We're Elites hon, we kill for money. How much more Bad Girl can you get?"

Shrugging her shoulders, Amina turns back to the market place and begins shopping for a picnic lunch.

Amina looks obviously perplexed by the stranger's statement.

"Excuse me?"

She backs up a half step when the hand is extended, she obviously wasn't expecting a friendly gesture. Watching the gentleman closely and cautiously she speaks:

"What friend, and for that matter what orders?"

Amina pointly does not extend her hand to return the gesture.

"That other lady you were just speaking with, Greta wasnt it?And what is it with everyone around here, no one is at all friendly. I dont get it"

*lowers his hand*

"as for my orders im the utopian representative in the area. I was told to make sure the ppl here saw me around, knew who i was and knew that utopia watch them and helped them when needed."

Amina visisbly relaxs once Utopia is mentioned.

Greta doesn't really count as a friend, she's more  a co-worker. The people here have their reasons for not being friendly, the near outbreak of a holy war that we all just witnessed would be one of the major reasons.

Amina pauses to look Vindicator up and down.

Utopia's sticking their heads up here are they? Well, friendly warning (voice sounds friendly) a lot of Elites vacation here, they might not like it. What's Utopia's interest here anyways, if you don't mind me asking?

(Is vindicator wearing any utopian or t2m logos?)

OOC: vindicator is wearing Black tight Eufibre, ill actually put up a pic of what he looks like later. You cant actually see any logos, but he has one of the base of the back of his neck covered by a ponytail

"I just hope the other Elites who visit are friendlier than your co-worker bad girl greta was. and what about u? do you have problems with Utopia?

*crosses his arms and takes what looks like a sitting position, but in thin air*

And as far as a friendly warnings go, I wouldnt be here if i couldnt handle myself. so whats brought you to this oh so friendly little place? I know i had no choice being here, whats your reason?

ooc: thanks, i wasn't too sure about that... now i know and hopefully won't put my foot in my mouth too many times.

I have no problem with Utopia, they do a lot of good things, I just don't want to be hassled about "joining the team" or anything else. And as far as why I'm here, I'm on holiday.[/colro]

Amina's eyes wander for a moment, then return.

On the matter of personal questions, my name is Amina what's yours?

Archived