Trinity Universe: Ethiopia Game

Umoja

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOC - I have not made a character sheet, but I would think it would be abot 2 or 3.  You would have extreme difficulty following someone at the speed if I were weaving in and out of the place.  YOu would literally not be able to spot which way I had went.  That and the sound that is gonna kill your concentration!

Umoja - please make a ruling on this.

Unless of course i have mega perceoption and my head would hurt like hell yes, doesnt mean i cant see, write up a character, no point guessing what your powers are, as for spotting you unless you got dormancy you still stand out in a crowd as a nova and if i move the same speed all i gotta do is follow the nova shaped blur, remember i fly so i just look down. But since you asked, yes please make a ruling Umoja

((Since Vindicator is more prepared for the matter, I'd say he just is faster for the sake of not bogging the game down in details but you may want to stay.  I'm going to heat things up.))

*A Yell is heard across the marketplace, and some shots are fired, suddenly rioting starts in the market again.  This time, Christians and Muslims alike seem to be fighting along side... it's hard to tell against what based on the crowd*

The suited nova ignores the violence.  Good for him if the prick following him is distracted.  He mumbles under his breath.

"Persistent idiot.  You would think that he would trust me aftre I intervened in that stupid Elite's fight."

OOC - Cheers Umoja.

OOC - In that case I will get away easily.

The nova speeds away and in a matter of minutes is far from the markeplace.  He heads off towards one of the larger newspapers in the city, carrying the footage that should be enough to condemn the rash Elite's actions.

*Across the market, it is clear some serious fighting is going on.  The crowd is to large to see anything, but another shot goes off and the crowd scatters.  One man stands, his close torn, nail marks in his chest.  His face hardened and angry.  He holds a gun... and a third eye rest in his forehead. Two men lay on the ground bleeding to death.  The standing man is odviously a nova, and Ironically, it looks like this man shot both a Christian and Muslim man.  The crowd scatters farther away, and the three eyed man laughs*

*The three eyed man looks at Vindicator, and before he can even throw his first punch the man, has stepped just out of the way... like he saw the strike. He speaks to Vindicator in a strange voice calm yet strong*

Brother, these fools are a threat to our people.  Harm me and you will only incur the wrath of your own species defending these weak fools.

*The next few punches from Vindicator seem to land, as he is caught in a frenzy hitting him... the man falls over... and tries to avoid falling uncouncious*

OOC: i aint stoppping till hes out cold and im using precision to just knock him out if he regenerates then ill just keep knocking him out

*keeps swinging till the nova with the thrid eye drops to the ground unconcious*

"I really hate people who think they can kill just cause there Nova's"

I will deposit a hard copy of the pictures at the local newspapers office,and then I will e-mail a copy to N! and other major TV and OpNet Channels.  Then I will head back to my apartment.  I will do this as fast as I can.

*The three eyed man collapses without resistance, and stays down.... he seems to have a slight smile on his face, and his third eye continues to twitch, even though he is clearly uncouncious.... like the third eye is still seeing....*

*Mikhal stands up across the market, checking the saftey on his own pistol and walking over*

OOC:  

Okay, Vindicator, I really have to ask.  Just how many Nova points did you put into making your character? I'm really getting the impression that you're basically just a Cestus Pax who can't fly, and that's kind of annoying, because it makes the rest of our characters irrelevant if you're just going to hit anything that comes along until it stops moving.  

I think Umoja is trying to run an interesting and pretty deep game.   Not a text-version of Dragon-Ball Z, which you're turning it into.  I was really looking foreward to how the whole thing with Greta abusing the guy who shoved her would turn out, how the crowd would react, questions the authorities would have, and her own reaction and guilt after calming down a bit and seeing what she'd done.

(Somebody who freaks out when a man put his hands on her without her permission obviously has deeper issues going on than just contempt for baselines. )

Until your Superman-Clone character showed up and ruined the scene.  

And now you're doing it again.

OOC - I think that we really need character sheets with 30 nova points or however many Umoja deems are approapriate.  I am happy for Vindicator to play a T2Mer as long as he is not assumed to be able to beat up this guy, fly and outrun me, and presumably have backgrounds to back up the authority that his character seems to command.  Sheets then I ask?

((Guys... Chill, any nova with Mega strength could cream this "villian" I just put in.  He isn't practicuarly physical, and Mega strength is a sure way to knock him out))

*Mikhal walks across the market and stands a few yards (Meters, as you British say :-0) from Vindicator.  He looks at the damage he is doing to this novas intestines but doesn't say anything only watches*

OOC: dont assume with characters that all you see is all you get. just cause he flyes and hits things doesnt make him a superman clone. It just means he developed his powers that way.  Also if i had a more subtle character it would have still appeared on here and stopped you. If you guys are annoyed because my characters different then im sorry but put simply just because another person doesnt like my character doesnt make it wrong for me to use him, If Umoja wants me to remove him i have no problem with it and will replace him with a more subtle charater

The calico woman shakes her head with a long drawn out sigh.  Perching impossibly on the edge of the roof and still keeping her balance she watches the fighting down below.  Her distain seems to be equal with both Vindicator and the three eyed nova.  She yawns and continues to watch the scene... quite sure that no one would have the audacity to come up to her impossible perch to talk to her... then again...

Amina seems less concerned when the two novas are concentrating on each other and turns her attention to the baselines fighting.

(OOC: I don't suppose you could give a better description of the fight, Amina wold jump in, but I have no idea who's doing the shooting, fighting, etc. Thanks.)

*Apparently, the three eyed nova, who has a gun, shot two baselines.  One of them is dressed in a typical Arab head covering(forget the name) and the other is dressed in more traditional Christian fashions.  Both of them are dead or dying, across the market people have scattered and are watching from a distance.  Four women run out of the crowd, two of them carrying babies and one toddler being dragged by another.  They all look in shock at the dead men, and start to weep. Screaming in Amharic "Why! Why!"*

((Sorry, was busy recently))

*The paramedics quickly arrive, and a helicopter follows, apparently these guys had enough life insurance for Helicopters to pick them up, Four men step out of the Paramedic truck the arrives first, they are all armed with rifles, powerful looking ones, they look at Vindicator, and shoo him away and cuff the three eyed Nova, another man turns to Vindicator and starts to talk*

Man- Sir, why are you getting involved here?  Do you have a valid Visa?

*The man says this in heavily accented English, the helicopter lands soon after and picks up the two heavily wounded men who were shot*

OOC: sorry for delay posting wasnt able to get near computer for last few days.

IC:

*Vindicator looks the man questioning him up and down quickly *

"Normally you'd introduce yourself first, then you'd ask me a question like that.So can i see your Visa too? What else would you like my birthcert? drivers license? passport? by the sound of you your not from around here either."

*Vindicator stretches a bit then refocuses his attention on the man*

"so you gonna introduce yourself or what?"

*The man glares at Vindicator, he takes out a badge from the Ethiopian Police department*

I moved here from Somalia.  The government, in the last few hours infact, has called for a crack down on all dangerous Novas, despite what Project Utopia thinks they can do.  Their control over Nova enforcement is no longer valid in this country.  The law is technically being passed tommorow, but under the older statute it can be put into law since the High Senate has passed it.  

*He takes a breath, and continues to speak in his heavily accented English, probubly learned it in a place further south*

I want to see your passport, your ID and other information you may possiblely have on you.  If you work for a Nova organization, I'd like to see the card.

The calico woman watches the goings on.  She knows that except for the very observant novas, she is practically invisible, not that it really matters any way.  She could disappear from this place at a moments notice.  She is still perched precariously on the edge of the roof, listening to  the conversation.  Her amusement increasing with each turn of events.

*Vindicator takes out an Id card and shows it to the man*

"If you want the rest your gonna have to come back to utopias base here. I dont exactly carry em round with me in the eufibre"

*Vindicator floats off the ground a little*

"I can get us there in just a few seconds"

*The officer looks at the ID, taking note of his home country*

I could have you deported.  The High Senate is very Paranoid about all of these occurences currently.  Consider yourself lucky and always carry a passport.  I won't lodge the complaint about you beating cyclops...

*Points to the Three eyed Nova being loaded into a helicopter, with no markings, instead of the Ambulances where the baselines are being put in*

there because we have problems with any Teragen in our country.

Amina walks over to the building where the calico woman is sitting and looks for the fire escape, when she finds it she athletically jumps up grabs on to it and flips herself on to it. She continues to climb the building. Wen she reaches the top she peers over to see if the calico woman is still there. Seeing that she is, Amina walks over, nearly silently and takes a seat on the ledge about ten feet from the woman, and just out of her line of site.

Great view from up here, yeh?

(Amina is sitting very casually and is making no threatening moves, she's completely non-chalant about sneaking up on the stranger.)

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: note sorry was out of it for a while after a training accident , but i see i havent missed much. whats happened to the game?

*looks rather disgusted at teh Man in the suit*

"Your kidding right? a complaint about hitting a man who just attacked two people? Next time ill leave him for you guys!"

*The guard perks his eyebrows, and smirks*

Your saying a normal baseline can't handle law enforcement?  Only Novas are capable of it?  Sounds like your talking about another country besides this one.

*He sighs a bit*

Our country has laws, and they shouldn't be bent for exceptions.  Just like our Church doesn't look the other way at injustice, neither does the senate.  Good day.

*He heads back to his vehicle and drives away*

Archived