Trinity Universe: Ethiopia Game

Umoja

Glad to meet you. Don't worry, I'm not the type to start trouble.

Amina shakes Vindicator's hand firmly.

I was about to grab lunch, care to join me? I could explain a bit about the area, or are you not allowed to?

Amina's tone makes it clear that she's just interested in a friendly chat, nothing else.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A young woman amusedly watches the scene from above on the edge of a roof.  No one seems to notice her and she seems not to mind being relatively invisible.  Strange that she would be invisible at all considering her pale skin and calico hair is quite out of place with the scenery... yet no one looks up, much to her chagrin.

The calico woman effortlessly follows the two from roof top to roof top... by first appearing on one, then disappearing and reappearing on a one nearby...  Feeling their quantum signatures whenever she loses them in the crowd.  Now perched on a convenient ledge, she listens in on the conversation.

The calico woman, perched on the ledge is absolutely stock still... the soft leather having been worked to the point where it made no noise... a bastard sword strapped to her back.  She peered silently down at the two.  Her intent seeming to be merely observation.

*There is a gust of wind and a sharp cracking sound as a blurred figure appears next to Vindicator.  His cowled eufiber costume hides much of his features, save for his mouth and chin, and the deep blue lines of the costume are slightly blurred, as if he's constantly vibrating.  The T2M Asia logo on his chest wavers in and out of focus, and a slight *ting* emanates from the two lightning-bolt shaped earpieces on his costume's head.  He's recognizable as Fleetness, a relatively new T2M member.*

HeywhatsupsorryImlatejustgotthemessageandIwasinMorocco. Heardtherewastroubleiseverythingokaytheredoesntseemtobeanythingunusualgoingon.

Finished with his work for the moment, the nova on the balcony folds away his laptop and disconnects from the OpNet.  Time to follow up on leads.  Checking that his room is secure and that the balcony is closed carefully in his usual meticulous manner, he descends, slowly this time, down to the ground floor of the hotel and strolls through the lobby and back into the marketplace.  Crossing it, he heads towards the stall by which Mikhal is standing.

"Good afternoon sir.  I understand that you can provide me with useful information," he says, flashing an ID card at the man for a moment."

OOC - PM me your reply please Umoja.

Amina extends her hand.

\"It's a pleasure.\"

Hey.  What's up.  Sorry, I get ahead of myself.  Forget to think about the needs of the speed-impaired, you know?

*shakes her hand*

Oh, wait, forgot something at home.

*He vanishes for a moment with a rather loud whip-crack sound of displaced air.  After another, second, he reppears, standing a few inches to the left.*

Heh, sorry.  Left the iron on.  And I wanted to finish the Times puzzle.  So... anybody hungry? I could eat a horse.

*Mikhal leans over and starts to whisper to the man infront of him, long grown used to being spied on... it seems that their is a slight buzz coming from him as he talks..... Frequency wouldn't bother a baseline, but the electronic buzz would wreak Havoic on anyone with sensitive hearing.*

*Looks in the direction of Mikhal and the man who has just gestured a card at him*

\"hey speedy, how fast can you move exactly? Might need your help for something. Also you any good at computers?\"

*looks at the fleetness again*

Fast as you want, dude.  I have to watch it around populated centers, though, but I can just blink around those.  Shockwaves aren't gentle on the glass, or the human ear, knowwhatImean? Computers, okay at that, I guess.  They're so slow, though, and the damn keyboards tend to bust up when I really get typing.  Hey, you okay? Got a headache? I got some aspirin.  In my apartment in New York, I think.  Wantmetogetitforyou?

*as he's spouting this off, his form flickers some more, and some of the food on the bench... seems to literally just disappear from it.*

The nova continues to converse with Mikhal, but after about half a minute of speech, he nods at the man, and glances back around to check up on what the other novas accross the marketplace are up to.

"I don't trust the T2M guy.  Too buddied up with the Elites.  They're all in it for the money.  Keep an eye on them."

"Not a headache Fleetness, theres anoise being made by someone over there"

*Point at Mikhal and the other Nova*

"And it hurts like hell, will you tell em to quit it i have really powerful hearing and its starting to really affect me, its not like i can turn my hearing off and If someone dont turn it off its going to hit the point where i will and i aint thinking proper right now man"

I'll go, I was speaking to Mikhail earlier.

Amina gets up from the bench watching amused as the food disappears. She turns and walks unhurriedly, making sure that she is seen walking towards Mikhail and his friend and that she appears non-threatening.

Please forgive my interuption. The gentleman that I was speaking with says that his hearing is very sharp and that he can't do anything about it. He also said that there is a very loud noise coming from over here. He asks that if either of you know where it is coming from to please make it stop as it causes him great pain.

Amina pauses for a moment. And starts again in a slightly knowing tone.

Of course if there is nothing to be done about it we can always move to a different area of the market.

She watches the two gentleman intently, awaiting their answers.

*Mikhal takes his Cellphone out and turns it off, the buzzing suddenly stops*

Sorry, my phone is malfunctioning... I was re-routing it earlier.

*He smiles to Anima*

I hope your friend finds that better.

The nova remains quiet until Amina has left.

"As I said, suspicious.  I will keep in contact."

Mikhal passes the nova something, careful to keep it concealed.  With that, the nova nods to the stall owner and heads, for the time being, back to his apartment.

Cellphone, routing problems he said.

Amina takes a seat on the bench, leans back to stretch and look at the sky when she notices the calico woman for the first time. (ooc: just trying to bring you into game) More out of surprise than politness she says:

Can I help you?

*Mikhal smiles and takes a piece of bread out and opens a bowl of soup that is boiling behind the stall, he is sitting in.  He dips the bread in the soup, and then adds some random spices to the soaked bread.  He takes a bite, and his face cringes*

Hmmmph...

*He mutters something in Amharic, and finishes the rest of it off*

Not long after this, the nova returns to the marketplace, and sets off at a brisk pace out out of the marketplace, down one of the main streets.  He is not carrying any luggage, so it would appear as though he will return.

The nova walks around the corner heading out of the market, and suddenly flashes away at an impossible speed, with passer-by's feeling only the wind and spotting a blur if they are lucky.  He threads in between several alleys and streets.

(Yes, Fleetness is still there.  There probably isn't a whole  lot of food left, either.   :D )

*Fleetness spouts this off really fast:*

Say, Anima, I know this great place in Addis Addaba called the Groovy Mule.  It's 2 euro drinks tonight. Wanna come? Sweet! They've got turbokegs for Novas, you know, takes alot to punch through.  They might let me have em on the house, T2M, you know? Come on, it'll be a blast!

The calico woman stops cringing as soon as he shuts the cellphone and listens to his excuse... knowing from the look on his face that he is telling a bold faced lie... not to mention that though her hearing was suffering... her lip reading was not...

---Minerva

OOC: you aint gettign away that easily

Activating hypermovement can u out run me?

OOC - I do not know.  My character is not a maxed out nova - basically I have placed most quantum points into normal atts and then into mega atts.  The only real powers are to do with speed and perception.  I have hypermovement too I would imagine.  Anyway, its the gadgets and influence that the Directive allow that make them fun to play!  I think we should make character sheets - it would make things a tad easier!

Umoja - your call.  We can post them to you and then you can mediate any disputes that arise.

Oh, and do not put those types of brackets around things, it prevents people from reading them!

After a few seconds of careful reconstruction of just what it was that Fleetness says, Amina hesitantly agrees to join him. After all with how hast he was talking, she might have misunderstood.

Noticing the Calico woman move, Amina addresses her a second time.

Excuse me, maybe you didn't hear me before, but asked if I could help you with anything.

Amina's tone makes it plain she expects a very strange illogical answer for why the woman was sittting on a roof watching the group.

((OOC- Send me sheets if you want, but I'd rule that you should compare hypermovement scores.))

*Mikhal turns his phone on and dials a number quickly, the loud buzz going through the market place again as he starts to talk on his phone. He smiles a bit everyone once and a while, but he speaks in Amharic and English mixed with little slang*

Archived