Trinity Universe: The Dynasty: A Casting Call!

Bard

The Dynasty is a high powered Aberrant game run over IRC's DALnet server and played in the over-the-top superhero style of Image comics like "The Authority", "Stormwatch", and "The Monarchy".  There are 7 pregenerated Novas, 4 of which have already been taken.  The three remaining have been abandoned by their players.  Below are the stats for each of the three along with a brief history and/or description of the character (if you write an extended background and send it in, extra XP will be awarded).  They are on a first come, first serve basis.  Playing time will be 8pm EST on either Friday or Saturday nights, each night to be negotiated the week beforehand.  To play you will require a copy of mIRC downloaded from http://www.mirc.com.  Email me after you have your character if you require help in getting set up.   The remaining characters are:

Chen Mu Yi (Yi)=Yi’s life is a microcosm of Communist China.  His father was a government bueracrat who, seeing young Chen’s skill with Wu Shu, immediatly put him into training for state security.  The boy didn’t know anything better, so he did as he was told.  He was good, everyone complimented him on his skills, and he was awarded several medals for his skill and dedication.  However, he began to have his doubts.  Communism wasn’t working.  He could see that and wondered why noone else could.  It was during a lecture from a higher officer that Chen found enlightenment in the form of Eruption.  Suddenly, it was all spelled clear to him.  The imperfections in the government, how he could make a proper one.  Experimention with his powers later showed him to have garnered superhuman physical abilities, and his already formidable martial arts prowess had drastically increased.  Soon striking out on his own, Chen, who now called himself only “Yi” after the celestial archer of Chinese folklore, knew that his only option to garner wealth was as an elite, and at the same time he didn’t have the powers nessecary to overthrow his government.  So for now Yi bides his time and plans and becomes more depressed with the state of things.

Appearence: Except for being a bit taller, Yi could be a dead ringer for a Jet Li lookalike competition.  Although slightly thinner in the face as well, the two are almost identical.  In the field Yi mostly dresses in light black body armor with bandoliers of equipment, from knives to guns to swords to grenades, hanging off it, though he tends to wear a trenchcoat around normal people

Str 5 Per 5 App 2

Dex 5 Int 5 Man 2

Sta 5 Wit 5 Chr 2

Initiative 21 (31)

Soak 22B/15L

Quantum 6

Quantum Pool 40

Taint 3

Willpower 6

Abilities: Might 1, Athletics 5, Drive 2, Firearms 5,

Legerdemain 5, Martial Arts 5, Melee 5, Pilot 1, Stealth

5,Endurance 5, Resistance 5, Awarness 4, Investigation 2,

Academics 2, Bureacracy 1, Computers 2, Intrusion 4,

Linguistics 3, Medicine 1, Survival 1, Intimidation 4,

Interrogation 4, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge 4, Ettiquette 1

Backgrounds: Node 1, Resources 3, Cipher 3

+2 Quantum (2 taint)

+2 Mega-Str

-Irresistable Force

+2 Mega-Sta

-Resiliency x2

+3 Mega-Dex

-Accuracy

-Physical Prodigy

-Catfooted

-Perfect Balance

+2 Mega-Per

-Blind Fighting

-Quantum Attunment

+2 Mega-Int

-MP:Tactical

-MP:Strategic

-Analyze Weakness

+5 Mega-Wits(1 taint)

-Enhanced Init x2

-Quickness x4

-Multitask

-Redirection

+1 Claws (Mastery, Aggravated)

+1 Armor (Mastery, Impervious)

+12 Att pts

+40 Ability pts

Jonothan "Rez" Strathmour=Jonothan Stramour loved the Outback.  His granddad was a bushpilot and he used to take young Jono out on his flights.  They’d sit out and lean against the plane, watch the kangaroos hop past, drink a beer and relax.  That’s what lead Jonothan to become a wilderness guide, all over the world.  It was during a hike in the Andes that his Eruption occurred.  While climbing high in the mountains with a group of hikers, an avalanche fell towards them.  In a moment of panic, Strathmour’s powers kicked in, shifting he and his expeditionaries to a house he owned near Katmandu in the Himilayas, and shifting the rocks into the middle of the Sahara Dessert.  Some experimentation and training with his powers, plus some timley help from Project: Utopia, showed Strathmour that there really wasn’t anywhere on Earth he couldn’t be.  That only expanded his distance as a guide, which he is still doing.

Appearence: Stratmour has a rugged look to him, an almost classic Australian explorer.  With sandy blond hair and sparkling green eyes, it’s easy to see him for an Aussie even before he starts speaking with his thick accent.  His only constant piece of attire is his hat, straight out of Crocodile Dundee, though he does prefer comfortable bushware as opposed to any form of super suit.

Str 3 Per 5 App 3

Dex 4 Int 4 Man 3

Sta 5 Wit 5 Chr 3

Initiative 12 (17)

Soak 6B/4L

Quantum 7

Quantum Pool 45

Taint 4 (Anima Banner: Teleport [he seems to slide off in

several different directions, fading out, with a signature

swooshing sound])

Willpower 6

Abilities: Brawl 3, Athletics 3, Drive 3, Firearms 4,

Legerdemain 3, Martial Arts , Melee 2, Pilot 2, Stealth 2,

Endurance 5, Resistance 4, Awarness 3, Investigation 3,

Academics 2, Bureacracy , Computers 1, Engineering ,

Intrusion 2, Linguistics 2, Medicine 1, Science , Survival 4

(Adventuring), Arts , Biz 2, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge 2,

Ettiquette 1

Backgrounds: Attunement 1, Node 3, Resources 3

+4 Quantum

+1 Mega-Stamina

-Regeneration

+1 Mega-Dex

-Perfect Balance

+2 Mega-Wits

-Enhanced Initiative

+1 Mega-Intelligence

-Eidetic Memory

+5 Teleport (2 tainted, Mastery, Combat Teleport, Reduced

Cost, Affect Others)

+4 Warp (2 tainted, Mastery, Selective Permiability,

Increased Range)

+1 Node Spark (Mastered, Reduced Cost, Reflexive)

+2 Spatial Mastery (Mastery, Reduced Cost, Reflexive)

+9 Att pts

+20 Ability pts

Keiko "The Architect" Nagashima= Keiko Nagashima was one of the best software programmers in Japan when a mega-corp brought her on to work on illegal nanotechnology experiments.  The process went well enough, and Keiko was beginning to move into the state of looking at transfering consiousness into AIs to control the nanites enmasse.  It was during these final stages of the project that Keiko was diagnosed with a fatal form of breast cancer.  With only a few months left to live, the programmer began working at a furious pace.  Finally, with the transfer mechanism developed, she attempted it on herself.  The transfer succeeded really only because hre latent node decided to Erupt, infusing the nanites with her Quantum consiousness.  Going underground, as the research had already been banned by Utopia, Keiko has now been working on other illegal computers projects for the past few years whilst honing her abilities to a finly tuned edge.

Appearence: Possibly the oddest looking member of the Dynasty, the Architect appears as a petite Japanese woman, most often dressed in a kimono, though she can easily have the nanites create something else.  Her eyes stream with glowing green Quantum coding, indecipherable to all but the Achitect herself, hiding their natural color, and her short cut black hair looks more like strands of thin wire bound together.  Ocassionally lines of code flash across her entire body, including her clothes, as the nanites update themselves drastically.

Str 2 Per 5 App 3

Dex 3 Int 5 Man 3

Sta 4 Wit 5 Chr 3

Initiative 11 (15)

Soak 5B/4L

Quantum 6

Quantum Pool 40

Taint 6 (Permanent Power: Bodymorph, Aberrant Eyes [covered in coding], Odd Skin [occasionally ripples or scrawls with coding])

Willpower 6

Abilities: Athletics 2, Drive 2, Firearms 3, Martial Arts 1, Melee 1, Pilot 3, Stealth 2, Endurance 5, Resistance 5, Awarness 5, Investigation 3, Academics 5, Bureacracy 2, Computers 5, Engineering 5,  Intrusion 5, Linguistics 2, Medicine 2, Science 5, Arts 2, Biz 2, Style 2, Subterfuge 3, Ettiquette 2

Backgrounds: Node 3, Resources 4, Cipher 2, Attunment 1, Contacts 3

+1 Mega-Sta

-Durability

+4 Mega-Int

-MP: Engineering

-Eidetic Memory

+3 Mega-Wits

-Enhanced Init

+2 Mega-Percep

-EM Vision

-Quantum Attunement

+4 Bodymorph (4 taint, Mastery, Impervious)

-Nanites (Adaptability, Regeneration, Density Decrease 1, Dispersed Organs, 2nd Brain)

+5  Cyberkinesis (2 taint, Mastery, Reduced Cost)

+1 Shapeshift (Mastery, Reduced Cost)

+2 Psychic Shield (Impervious)

You may have noticed that some of the stats on the above post are slightly strange looking.  This is because there are a few house rules that the Dynasty goes by, namley:

1) Quantum of 5+ does not induce extra taint

2) Bonus extras from Q6+ are just that, bonus extra that are gained without cost

3) Quantum Pool is equal to (Qx5)+10

Also, the histories as written are malleable.  If you don't like something about them, or feel that more focus is needed in a certain area, then by all means alter it away.  Just remember, though, that if I think your history doesn't fit, then I'll say so.

All those who join will also be asked to join the Dynasty yahoogroup so that we can further communication between our players.

::alien

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.  The counter shows over 19 views here.  19 views and not one person interested?  ::sighs:: Just let me know, someone please, so I know if I can  transfer this over to the WW forums and ask there as well.  I need those 3 players, or else this game will never fly.  I want it to go, I really do.  ::sighs::

Sorry, summer's quite busy for me and I'll be studying abroad starting in september (most likely where more interesting things will be needing my attention than the computer...) Plus last online game I started playing in stopped after one game. (Still got my fingers crossed over that one...:)

Last but certainly not least...I'm deathly afraid of joining Yahoo-anything. My spam-o-meter is already way up and any more will bust my e-mail account.

Oh and maybe 3 of those 19 viewings were mine...

::lookaround

::minrules

Archived