vampire in canada

CHAMBO99

what can i say apart from what a horrible game in the way of descriptions, it gave me nightmares (cheers admin) but you got to love the setting, its in a small town just out of vancouver (i think thats how you spell it i'm sure if i am wrong i will be to so) anyway to cut a story short you get mixed up in the towns business and get vamped if your lucky you might not, and then you get the calling to go to the city where you meet the prince or you might meet the city border patrol which just happen to be wearwolfs and if you escape from them then you will meet the prince, just in time to find there is a territory dispute between wearwolfs and vampires so you get mixed up in that and help defend the city.

its more better then that but you get the jist

okaaaaaayyyyyyyy........

Firstly a warning.  This was a sick game.  If you are offended by racism, extreme violence, acts of toroture and a variety of other depraved things, then you may well want to skip the rest of this post.

For the record, this was a GAME people, some would take offense at the content, as do I actually, but remember this was a game (a sick one mind)...

Overivew

The idea was to place the characters, who start out as human, in a backwater town that was controlled by Vampires, very much in a Salem's Lot kinda way.

I wanted to go much further though.  I wanted the reactions of the townsfolk to the cancer eating away at their town to be very important and very visual in the game - that and I wanted to gross-out the players.

This game was played as an 'all-nighter', which for me is about 4.30pm start - right through to 6am.

Although the specifics are lost in the mists of the past, the 'worst' bits are detailed below.

The characters

The characters were all human, not with any experience of the supernatural really - they were, for one reason or another, sent to investigate what appeared to be a copycat killing, with the original murders hapenning dozens of years ago (Vamps anyone?).

The Setting

I wanted somewhere out of the way, fairly remote, and more to the point, a place the players knew nothing about.

So I picked on Whistler, BC, Canada.  Now, I totally twisted the setting here - Whistler WoD (my version) was absolutely nothing like the real one, the name and location was the only thing that remained.  The town was more of a cross between Twin-Peaks, Salem's Lot, and an episode of 'Millennium' - but darker, much, much darker.

Interesting Bits

OK, during the course of the game the following things happened, these are the things that the players seem to refer to when they mention 'THAT' Whistler game (accompanied with a grimace or a look in my direction as if i'm a bit mad).

- The characters on their way into town (long winding road ala Dracula) discover an off-road meeting of residents, angry, angry residents - the characters notice that at the back of the crowd (big bonfire, lots of people) are some guys dressed in what looks like KKK outfits........  character do a runner to town.

- Whilst getting food at a Diner, the characters notice a mean (real nasty) Rottwieller that is squatted across the street that stares at the,  As one character pays particular attention its eyes glow red for a second - as a side note that player/character was paranoid from here in on :) - this dog idea was perfectly shown to good effect in the film Phantoms starring Ben Afleck by the way, although I ran this game about 5 years ago! - heh heh

- The characters also bump into (briefly) a heavily pregnant lady (come back to this in a bit)

- The characters get mixed up in a scrap of sorts between the local Town Sheriff and a biker gang (who seem to absolutely terrify the whole populace just with their presence)...  bikers are extraordinarily strong

- Characters also find out about a ghostly white-skinned woman called Reanne who seems to have pull with certain members of the populace, although she doesnt seem to be a resident, or work there

- The characters track down who they think is the killer, an ageing man who owns the dog described above and drives a large black car - the man lives at an old, decaying house on a hill overlooking the town. (think the old guy in Salem's Lot).

- The characters attempt to get into the old house, only to be confronted by walls that weren't there a minute ago, doors that slam and lock themselves shut, and dark, menacing shadows that seems to 'call out to then' - The whole house scene took about 1 and a half hours - description was the thing I wanted to spend my time on here - I cant do it justice on this forum, but it possibly the best Storytelling I've ever done - the players were NOT happy about there characters being in there - and that was before they even met anyone in the house!

- The characters are slowly but more aggresively taunted by voices from the shadows in the house - find they cannot get out, wooden shutters on windows refuse to break, etc - really wierd stuff.

- At this point they split up to find a way out :)

- A 'force' slowly picks the characters off one by one, the other characers hear a scream and the charac ter is simply 'gone' - each character was viscously killed or captured by the 'shadows' - and the event was described carefully to each player

- after one character managed to escape, the rest were caught / killed

- the characters awake in a dark room, with a kind of 'alchemical lab' feel to it complete with work benches, test tubes, beakers etc

- as they survey their surroundings each of them feels a knawing pain of some sort, on their cheek, abdomen, legs etc... and they find that they are shackled side by side to a wall, with a variety of incisions etc all over their bodies, skin burned in places and a LOT more gross things (some of which CANNOT be repeated here)

- an old man unlocks and opens a door into this room, the characters can see stairs leading up behind him and they deduced that they are in a basement (presumable of the house).

- the old man (not the same one as the one dirving the car who owns the dog) proceeds to make further ' experiments' withe the characters

- in time in, the characters were in that basement for something like 4 weeks, and I described every single detail about what ths guy did to them, and thay they should die from their wounds, but don't - every so often the old guy feeds them what tastes like blood.

- finally the characters (loads of dice rolling) manage to break their bonds (some real ingenuity from the players here) and even though they are in extreme pain, and can barely crawl let alone walk, they make it to the door at the other end of the room and find that it is unlocked.

- As they carefully make their way up back towards the ground floor of the house the old man (the nasty one) appears at the top of the stairs.

- the characters d their best to 'rush' him, but he simply tells them to stop, which they do even though they are screaming blue bloody murder (at me!)

- the sick old git then tells them that they can't harm him, and he realises that he's been unfair to them and they need a proper meal

- from behind him he picks up a bundle and reveals it to the characters - a new born baby - the characters beastial side takes the better of them and, well, I'll let you figure out the rest....

It took all of 5 minutes for the players to figure out where the baby came rom (the heavily pregnant woman they met earlier in the game).........

Players grossed out

anyways - it kinda got worse from there as the characters/players discovered they had been Embraced, and couldn;t do anything to their tormenter....

The old guy even sent the characters after Reanne (who happened to be his Childe)......

The old guy was Lasombra, as was Reanne....  the old man and the dog were the Lasombra gent's Ghouls, and the KKK, and the Bikers were Reanne's Ghouls.......

As I said above, it just kept getting more descriptive, more gross with each minute........

Anyways, the above is a 'sanitised' version of the game - but the players keep referring to it, so it must have been memorable....

Devil

I'm trying to develop one - a spellchecker that is - but it doesnt come built in :(

As for my typo's over the last couple of days - I've been away at a three day conference chambo - so the brain communicating with the body isn't quite back into full swing yet.

:)  Anyways - back to the on topic stuff......

Actually, I'm going to make it more like the real place, a bustling centre of tourism etc etc....

But as for 'the big bad dark' - yep - im still an evil git at heart.

As a side note, I've already got a 15 page players guide written for it, I'm just too busy sorting out Noir, Known World and A-Z Campaign number 3 (not yet even remotely sorted out!)....  THEN, i'll get to Whistler :)

and here was me saying I'll never ST Vampire again....

Mal - I know - you told me so  Blush

Archived