What if we got a cake...

EffDeeKay

:) In one of our games of trinity, played on AZ, we had to smuggle a code indego bio-app to the posh bit of town. I can't remember who first came up with the idea, but the fact that we all agreed to it doesn't give much hope. We hollowed out a birthday cake and put it inside. Needless to say that the thing having a mind of its own made alot of noiseand the plan failed. :angry

If any one else has a story or two to share please feel free.

I vaguely remember the following escapes of an old group I used to GM for....

the setting was Forgotten Realms, 2nd Ed DnD....

Basically the characters were all very high level, having ben through a long campaign where all of them had survived (I was a nice GM back then.....)  anyways....  the high level characters were on thir way to destroy the evil forces that owned a large and very magical citadel...

No problem the PC's thought....  quite confident in their own abilities (each of these guys was level 22+).  Off they went to do battle..

A few sessions later after battling their way past all manner of nasties (the owners of the castle kept several Pit Fiends as guards.... about a dozen of them if I remember correctly)....

the characters decend down to the lower levels via an extremely steep staircase. the door at the bottom is opened to reaveal a large precipice, several hundred feet across they can barely make out a shining lgiht, presumably from another entrance....  the pit below is pitch black....

The characters laugh at this, magic starts flowing as they prepare to make (fly, teleport, blink etc) their way across....

only their magic fails them.....  now, this is a good example of PC's that loose the plot a bit when magic and other high level stuff is what they come to rely on....

The players spent, I kid you not, two whole sessions trying to find ways across...

In the end, tempers start fraying, and the cohesive party falls into bickering, arguments, and downright fisticuffs.  In utter frustration the player of the noble warrior of the group shoves another PC (the cocky priest if I recall) over the edge of the precipice.......

after he disappears into the blackness, the characters peering over dumbfounded, they hear him call up 'Oi, guys! - Its a BLOODY ILLUSION!'......

Not one o them had thought to cast a detect magic spell of any kind...........

The ledg to get across was 10 feet below the precipice.

:cool

• 1 month later...

Many years ago I played Villains & Vigilantees, FGU's superhero campaign. My character was named Business Clown ("This clown means business!"), who basically looked like a well-heeled Wall Street financier with white pancake makeup and a silvery cape with purple polka dots. He carried a bulletproof briefcase and had roller skates hidden in his Italian shoes. Ah, to be a teenager again...

So anyway, these aliens or somebody kidnapp a lot of people and are holding them hostage on a spaceship or flying wing-type thing. Biz Clown sneaks onboard, fights a lot of bad guys, sabotages the ship, and escapes just before it crashes into Lake Michigan.

And then I remembered the part about the hostages.

Oops.

Well mine is we where playing AD&D (leave off Admin).  We where in Underdark, any way we had just discovered that our guide was a doppleganger I managed to catch him behind some caravans when the rest of the party had turned up by that time he had managed to change him self into me.  So there's me the gamer looking with my minds eye at the scene and wht shoul slip past my mind past the censorship mode and idiot statment control

"Do I know which one I am?"

:Blush So Any one else have a similar problem

Archived