WARHAMMER 40K

needle

I have no idea why am writing this post other than the game annoys me. There was a GW store nearby & now its closing.  :Sleepy  Heres the thing, back in the great mists of time I played 40k, Chaos as a matter of fact!! AFTER a while it seemed pointless. There was nothing happening with the storyline. Everything was so dark that there was no room for even an unhappy ending. I kept wishing that that Golden Throne would explode & Horus would win!! :cheesy

Now the local 40k players are looking for something to do! "Hey kid want an RPG with substance,plot, & a real message? Right this way & leave the little figures over here. We've got our own & its called Battleground" " Oh, the Emperor is DEAD. :sly

Its the West Hartford, Connecticut store & thier not closing as moving. Right now they've hired a new staff of 16 & 19 year old who've had the "New" Warhammer rules hardwired to their lizard brain. I met the manger & it was like meeting the latest cult member. Swear to god that he could qoute chapter & verse of any 40k rule. The guy had the vultures tattooed on his bi-cep. Scary :shocksmiley

Yeah, it's part of their training!

That shop always freaks me out! I used to play too... Many a saturday afternoon was well spent in friends garages playing Man-o-War and fantasy battle... And getting abuse for my developing girly bits!  :)

Does anyone remember Necromunda? Now that was a cool game... The old west sci-fi style...  :colgate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived