LARPing

Aeon

One funny experience was LARPing in a nightclub.  We were playing Rokugan 2000 (basically L5R meets Cyberpunk, very funky) and there was a bar and smoke and music.  Everything you expect because it was actually set there.  It was at Compulsion, and the nightclub was at Edinburgh's Studenet Union.  Non-players at the convention were welcome to come, have a drink and act as NPCs.  This is where things got bad.  

???

Non- RPGers got in somehow.  I was in the middle of a showdown with another player.  I leapt across the dance-floor, plastic katana in hand and struck my adversary across the chest.  The bar-man closed up instantly and the non-player students ran from the room screaming.   :sarcasm

Ooops

:D

Sounds funky dude

reminds me of my last attempt to chat a girl up... Blush

Let the funny LRP stories commence!

A personal fave of mine was while playing Realmquest (a high fantasy setting) the well knit party had fought their way through hordes of marauding monsters cementing their solidarity in the process and becoming totally fearless to finally come face to face with the evil, twisted dark knight. However, the evil, twisted dark knight being outnumbered decided that the odds of ten to one were a little too much to handle and he opened a warp gate to escape. Now, its at this point that the almighty himself decided to join the game, as the knight cast the warp spell, out of a clear sky came the loudest roll of thunder I have ever heard! At this the brave adventurers scattered to the four winds.

not that we were scared you understand :lookaround  

ahhhh the good old days :)

I remember a certain adventure where I was the 'big bad' in the monster crew...  I think Senior Mal was in the party actually...  (he could probably tell the story better than I)....

Anyways, this guy was a dark priesty type and the party simply had to capture him and take him back off site (large camp site we used) to the nearest major 'town'.

Now this guy was really wek in game stats, and the brief was to play a cunning git - so, in the space of 1 adventure I got captured, escaped twice i think,  managed to get one of the really dumb players to actually free me a cople of times, wound up the whole party and in the end I made a break for it (with my hands tied behind my back, wearing a long obi-wan style robe = picture this for a minute!) down the major road off the camp site whilst being followed by the whole rather peeved party.

The whole crew was astounded to say the least, and laun ched a second adventure to recapture me :)

I think Senior Mal decided to take matters into his own hands and used a 'strength' skill to break my npc's legs that time :)

No running away with robe trailing behind me on the second occasion.

Devil

Just a little addition to the story. The original party was sent out twice to capture admin and twice he pulled the same stunts and got away from them (they were very VERY thick).

It was on the third time a party was sent to capture the sneaky little g*t that I played and we employed rather more sensible bone-breaking capture and detention techniques.

Archived