Wolf-Spoor:  New WW Site

Nadrakas

The below was posted on the WW "Trinity Universe" Forum  by IanWatson.  Looks like there is a "New" site dedicated to News & Articles about WW & it's games.  Hmm...some of the "innovations" are very familiar -- I wonder where they got their ideas?

IanWatson - 07/07/2002 17:46:13 - ianwatson@newbremen.net

Apologies for the crosspost.

http://www.wolf-spoor.org

The site you've all been waiting for is now up and running. It's called WolfSpoor (see the site for an explanation of just what spoor means). It's a news site, like slashdot.org, similar to enworld.org. We'll be covering White Wolf news, from every angle we can.

That means more than just the World of Darkness. The Aeon Continuum, the Age of Sorrows, the Sword & Sorcery family, novels, MET, V:TES... rumours about upcoming products, reviews, interviews, essays, everything we can cram onto

the site will go there.

Take a look around, and have fun.

-Ian Watson

ianwatson@wolf-spoor.org

Hmmm.....you decide.

Nadrakas   ::eoncon03  ::eoncon03  ::eoncon03

One other thing....if you go there then please Vote for the "Aeon Continuum".  It is just behind the "Age of Sorrows" {ie: Exalted} in popularity.  Don't know if you will have to register {I did before I noticed the Poll}...but it's free to do so, and we can show WW that there are more than a handful of people in the world who love the "Aeon Continuum".

The Voting section is in the far right column, under the Poll titled:

Favorite White Wolf setting, if you had to pick one?

The Registration Section is on the left side.  It's pretty simple to register - if you have to do so in order to vote.  {Shrug}  Anyway...I think I know where I'll be staying for my Aeoniverse Info -- right here.  I'll poke around at "Spoor" but I like it here better.

Thanks all.

Nadrakas ::eoncon03  ::eoncon03  ::eoncon03

you do have to register to vote... registration is simple, takes about ten seconds...

currently aeonverse is even beating out WOD... HOORAH!!! ::thumbs-up  ::smokin  ::bigsmile the race is between age of sorrows and aeon...

quick everyone, go vote! maybe we'll get more books!

Take a look, current poll results as of July 15, 2002 - 01:45 AM

Favorite White Wolf setting, if you had to pick one?

Modern World of Darkness  16.67 % (5)

Dark Ages World of Darkness  10.00 % (3)

Æon Continuum  40.00 % (12)

Age of Sorrows  30.00 % (9)

Scarred Lands  3.33 % (1)

Ravenloft  0.00 % (0)

Street Fighter  0.00 % (0)

Human Occupied Landfill  0.00 % (0)

Other  0.00 % (0)

Total votes: 30

We allow just one vote per day

So...40% so far......and we get one vote a day!!!  Vote I say!!! VOTE!!!!

Nadrakas..."VOTE!!! VOTE!!! VOTE!!!"

::eoncon03  ::eoncon03  ::eoncon03

The below was posted on the WW "Trinity Universe" Forum  by IanWatson.  Looks like there is a "New" site dedicated to News & Articles about WW & it's games.  Hmm...some of the "innovations" are very familiar -- I wonder where they got their ideas?

Hmmm.....you decide.

Actually, I've been planning this site in some form or another for over a year now.  I got the idea from slashdot, not from any existing site.

And honestly, I fully admit I don't provide everything that fans might be looking for.  I'm not asking for exclusivity.  (:  I stick up any related news I have, and that's basically it.  If you want anything else, I heartily endorse other sites such as EON.

He needs to fix the voting system however. You can vote multiple times. "Only once per day" mans many days you can vote for same thing...

And I hate to be the voice of evil, logical, reason here, but the only thing that will make WW print more Aeonverse stuff is sales. Period.

So, if you want more Aeonverse stuff, buy more. Period.

I've personally bought and distributed three copies of the Trinity core book. I drafted players that way.

Actually, I've been planning this site in some form or another for over a year now.  I got the idea from slashdot, not from any existing site.

And honestly, I fully admit I don't provide everything that fans might be looking for.  I'm not asking for exclusivity.  (:  I stick up any related news I have, and that's basically it.  If you want anything else, I heartily endorse other sites such as EON.

Sorry if I came off a little "rude" Ian.  I don't visit many other sites like "slashdot" so it looked a lot like the Eon Site to me -- in a lot of ways.  If I offended, then I am sorry.

"Sigh"  If I have offended anyone out there recently {scratch head} it's because I'm stressed.  Try being away from your S.O. for over a year.  Good thing we'll be back together soon.

Anyway...I do apologize.

So onto more pleasant things -- Welcome aboard Ian. ::smiley5

Nadrakas..."Who is awaiting his beating :D"

Thanks Operations...I needed that.   ::crazy

Nadrakas..."Yes...hit me...beat me...make me write bad checks."

{The above is not supported by the Eon Staff.  Well...not by most of them anyway.  Maybe by the ones who wear leather.   :P }

...wow, i'm impressed if you got jo and mal's support!!

Well....I haven't gotten it yet.  But I'm sure I will soon.  :D

Nadrakas..."Yeah Baby...Yeah!!!   Do I make you Randy?  Well do I?"

Sorry if I came off a little "rude" Ian.  I don't visit many other sites like "slashdot" so it looked a lot like the Eon Site to me -- in a lot of ways.  If I offended, then I am sorry.

"Sigh"  If I have offended anyone out there recently {scratch head} it's because I'm stressed.  Try being away from your S.O. for over a year.  Good thing we'll be back together soon.

Anyway...I do apologize.

So onto more pleasant things -- Welcome aboard Ian. ::smiley5

Nadrakas..."Who is awaiting his beating :D"

Heh, don't worry about it, Nadrakas.  As was mentioned, the basic layout is just about a web standard these days.  In fact, aside from the icons, topics and categories I made, WolfSpoor as it currently is is basically just the default setting for PostNuke.  I am, of course, trying to make some nicer, more appropriate themes.  I hate the tan.

You should check out slashdot if you get the chance.  It was pretty much the first site to do that kind of thing, and it's got like a million users or something.  When a news item pops up with a link to somewhere, the amount of traffic that site gets within the first half-hour because of that link usually causes its server to crash.

I can only hope that someday WolfSpoor will be that popular.  ;)

I can only hope that someday WolfSpoor will be that popular.

We'd need more role-players in general for that.  ???

Anyone care to start a selective breeding population to increase the number of role-players?  :D

-Joseph

Archived