How to kill a Legend..

needle

Heres a real twink of an idea but what the hell, The game starts outside of time with the characters waking out of statis. They've been frozen in statis for who knows how long &  sent on a mission accross the cosmos.They get to tour the worst of the Aeon's battles ranging from wwII through the "present battles" with the evil Aberrants. There could be a mixed party here perhaps using the rules presented in the Abberant players guide.With the fate of the "universe" in the hands of the players things should get interesting.  :lookaround But wait theres more, the characters discover vital clue that previous versions of themselves have left behind except wait, those versions are dead. So we get to see all kinds of Fun With Time Travel stuff. :Alient Fun with Taint...when your Abberant can't breed true..

WOW Needles.

That's a great (set of) ideas - how on earth would you co-ordinate it then buddy?  I usually go in for epic stories and the like, but I was grinning sadistically when I read your post - which is dangerous, I punish myself regularly with long and lengthy 'outa this world' plots

:)

Great ideas buddy, but one word of advice. After having the balls to run a time travel game (and believe me it does take a lot), remember when you're dealing with time anything that can go wrong, will (particularly when the players get involved) and you've got to have a damn good explanation for cause and effect worked out before you start and stick with it (its a problem that I had real difficulties with). other than that go for it.

:Thumbs Up

1st thing is the preperation, I can't stress this enough. As a Gm you write each period piece with small avenues where the characters can get lost.2nd is the Npcs or different versions of them! Thing about time travel is to take the familiar & make it utterly alien. Playing What IF in your brain helps. Don't be afraid to explore a world or two of utter ruin blame it on the Abberants or the characters. Think out the ideas until the storyline is done & burned to the ground. Kill a character's family & do the Ghost of Christmas past thing.Play around.

Personally am thinking of killing Superman! At least the 1938 version of him. Perhaps the characters are called in to investigate the death? How does this relate to a crosstime game? Wait I'll tell you.

:Devil

Archived