Which books should I buy?

Pythagore

Still desperatly trying to plan my era-spanning campaign, I kinda stumbled onto the question - which book to buy? I'm thinking about following the metaplot, to a certain degree at least, and I really want to get a good overview. The timeline that I got last was helpful, but I still don't know which books I should buy.

All my Trinity-books I got from a friend who didn't want to play anymore. The books I have is:

Trinity Core Rules (both the new "Trinity"-game and the old "Aeon"-folder thingy)

Hidden Agendas

Players Guide

America Offline

Aurora Australis

Luna Rising

Stellar Frontier

Technology Manual

and

Darkness Revealed: Descent into Darkness

So - where do I go from here? I'm planning to play the "Darkness Revealed"-triology, and then play "Alien Invasion". Maybe that is following the metaplot a bit too much, but I kinda enjoy the epic scope of it.

In short: Which books should I buy?

For the Trinity aspect all that you will need beyond what you have listed is the Alien Invasion, Passage throuh Shadow, and Ascent into Light. I must say that I think that the Darkness Revealed series is one of the best written. Also what might help you to bring the Chromatics to life would be the Trinity Field Report Alien Species. Personally I recommend all of the books just cause trinity is one of the best RPG's that I have ever played... The only other one on par is A!...

For Abberant and for A! all you will need is the core books. If you really want the Abberant Players Guide is pretty good for setting material.

-Pax

Thanks.

When looking at the complete timeline I see the following:

"2120: Huang-Marr Conspiracy comes to light, tarnishing image of psions; Chromatics attack Earth and near-space with the help of captured Upeo; Poland and the New Ottoman Empire make forays into Europe

2121: Invasion of Chrome-Prime by U.N., Upeo are freed and some choose to return to Earth; Truth of Esperanza revealed; Coalition Ark makes final faster-than-light jump toward Sol; Halloween Raid in Medellin; Pope Benedict XVIII excommunicates Candomble practitioners; one of Del Fuego's copies goes missing after meeting with Norca in Argentina

2122: Process 418 begins on August 3rd at 2251 hours, as a subquantum wave emanates from Venezuela and envelopes the world, causing a wide variety of weird phenomenon; P. Vaughn Williams commits suicide rather than not know the future, as clairsentients discover that they can no longer sense Earth; The Brasilia Project, the first biological arcology in human space, is finished."

The Huang-Marr-conspiracy is covered in "Darkness Revealed" and the Chromatics' attack in "Alien Invasion". But the rest?

I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, but it's easier than to stumble in the dark. I don't have THAT much money and would prefer to know which books I'm looking for before I just start buying... :)

I will try and go though a list by what is in your paragraph... And don't worry you are not asking stupid questions.

"HM Conspiracy" - The Darkness Revealed Trilogy, maybe Shattered Europe for some specifics on the Rexes and on Europe in general.

"Chromatics Attack" - Invasion, and DR Trilogy

"Coalition" - I would strongly recommend TFR: Alien Species, Also Alien Encounters: Hidden Agendas, TFR: Extra Solar Colonies should also give you a good idea on life away from the Solar System.

"Project 418" - Terre Verde has the best information in there on this subject. The ISRA book has some snipits. Also Hunt around on the board for ideas as to the cause if you feel you need help. I have seen some awesome ideas as to what caused 418 on the boards...

"Del Fuego Clone" - For that only Terre Verde has anything on it... So that is a must have if you want to include it...

Aside from that just asking people on the boards for their opinions on stuff can be a great resource...

Happy Gaming,

Paxs Pimp

Knave - I kinda figured out that part myself...  :P

Pax - When it comes to "Terra Verde" - I did a search on Amazon, and the only hit I made said something about "White Wolf says they're never gonna do a print version of this". Is that true? And in that case - where do I get it?

Is White Wolf still publishing new books for Trinity, except the downloads from their homepage? Did they ever finish the metaplot? I got new plans for my campaign, so I'd like to know.

Terra Verde is sold as an E-book PDF file only at this time. you have to buy it from the WW website with a credit card.

I believe there is one more book listed for trinity as in production (no type of release date to my knowledge) and that would be Asia Ascendant.......other than that I don't think there's any word...

• 2 weeks later...

Once there as actually another book set to be released after Asia Ascendent and that was Bright Contenient. The most recent news heard on either As As or BrCon is nothing as of yet. Baugh was quoted as recently as July saying that he hasn't heard any new information. I am fairly confident that we will never see BrCon but maybe if we are lucky we could see AsAs in a couple of years.

Quick question really quite unrelated.

Does anyone know how Trinity sales faired after Star Wars was rereleased? Just thought that maybe the was a jump when Episodes 1 & 2 came out.

-Pax

I played Trinity as a player. I bought the rulebook several years ago, but started playing when a mate wanted to GM. We ultimately played for about a year and a half solid. The first scenario we did was the Lunar Shuttle hijack that is the taster scenario on the WW website. We finished with the Coalition moving towards Earth. I can highly recommend that you should play the entire printed campaign. It will be worth it. As a player, it was awesome. Our GM left it hanging wit the Coalition ark heading towards Earth and our Characters stranded in space after our ship was destroyed. We were then picked up by teleporting NOVAS!!! from Eden. Talk about a cliffhanger! The GM has been thinking about continuing to write the next part but got distracted by Legend of the Five Rings RPG. Oh well...just as I got my VARG back as well...

Archived