Adventure! RPG - A Call for Adventure! Material

CHILL

Hi all.  We've got some Aberrant material in the pipelines, Trinity stuff just keeps coming in, but I want to also focus on fan material for Adventure.  We've already got the Hellfire Club setting by Tom (Senior Mal) Martin (more to come soon on tht eh Mal?), and the Adventure! ST Screen by JDA and the Character Archive.

But here's the thing, we need more.  Yup, if you can take half an hour to write up your favourite Knack, Background, NPC, Character, Setting or even story, please do so and bounce it over to europnet@chill.uk.net for submission to the Adventure! Section of the website.

Most submissions will go stright in as web pages, or included in the archive for characters, but for those who want something special for their submissions, then I'll .pdf them, like the Absolute-Zero Plaers Guide in the Trinity Section...

So.... roll-call - who's got something to send over?

I've got some stuff that I could contribute, but there's a catch -- I run my Adventure! game in the 1990s, not in the 1920s.  I openly ignore Aberrant continuity and I am in no way preparing for Trinity.  In fact, I'm working towards an inclusive game with elements of the World of Darkness and (eventually) Shadowrun (and Conspiracy X, Nephilim, Kult, Call of Cthulhu, etc. . . .).  I try to maintain the Adventure! pulp atmosphere, but I actively try to include modern things like Hong Kong action films and Batman.

So far, most of the stuff is background material on the New Æon Society (my 1990s version of the original Æon Society) and a handful of NPCs.  There can be a lot more, but that's evolving slowly as I write it for my game.

Would anyone care to read this stuff, or is everybody around here a purist?

I think Aeon made a fair assessment.

Hey Arcanum - I'd love to take a look through it, so would a couple of other guys im my gaming group - let alone the people who visit the website....

Could you bounce me a copy to europnet@chill.uk.net ?

Cheers buddy - its sounds like a facinating take on the Aeon Continuum.

Anyone else with some ideas for Adventure! contributions.

PS - if you haven't already done so, check out the Adventure! Storyteller Screen that was contributed by JDA.

Speaking of non-canon info, my group has plenty. Just look at our site. We have some groups, people, etc that may translate well to any environ, even canon. *gasp!*

Hmm... The Island of Lemuria that I came up with would probably be great as a lost world. Perhaps I have another submission coming at you, Admin.

Graphics come first, of course. :D

-Joseph

yeaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

More submissions....................................!

ahem.....

Im on a caffine high - at our recent office party (ugh!) one of the guys bought me a pack of 'caffine chocolote' - only after i'd eaten four of em didi I realise that the packet said they were, and I quote '77% caffine'

excuse me whilst I climb down of the ceiling

:Devil

erm, (looks at wrapper from chockies lying near his keyboard)...

It says here they are made by 'caffe-tasse'  as for where you get them...  dunno - but i've GOT to find out..

hey, on another coffee related note, in the UK they have just released these cans of Nescafe 'instantly heating' coffee.....  pure bloody genious if you ask me.  Ya push the button and hot coffee in a couple of minutes...  looks like a coke can

:)

erm, back on topic.

Oooh......  Character Sheets - gimme character sheets....

(stuffing another coffee sweet in his mouth)

ahem.

Hi all, First of all, Merry Crhistmas and Happy 2002 (the Euro Year!!! ARRRRRRRRRRAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGJHHHHH)

Well, this mail is to explain an aditonal rule that I use in my Adventure Games...

When I bought "Comme Il faut" for "Castle of Falkenstein" (a really good RPG that works with poker decks in addittion of dices, if somebody don't know it,,, now he knows...)... Well... In "Comme Il Faut" appeared an optional rule, play with aditional deck, a Tarot Deck. Each player takes (at random) one of the tarot carts. If he could "use" the card according with the scene, the dificulty to make "something" was less...

I Will explain with an example (because I think that the things writted before are a litlle "confusing"). Imagine that a player has the Tarot Cart of "STRENGTH", If the player attempts to lift something... Well, he says....

"-I Try to lift the heavy rock that has "caught Tom's leg", and I use the STRENGTH cart to have a "mistical" help...."

In Adventure Terms, when a player expends his Tarot Card I reward him (if the use of the cart is appropiate with THE SITUATION and THE SCENE) with a temp Inspiration Point.

Let's See another example (with the card..."LOVERS":

Well, with the card of lovers, if the player wants to "seduce" an NPC, he will gain an Inspiration point (after he Expends the card) and with the inspiration point he can double de pool dice with "Sheer Heroism"...

Or... (with the card..."Death")...

Well, the same effect of expending an Inspiration point.

The are a lot of posibilities, and the effect of expending the card could be different...

JDA :P

I forgotted something :Blush  about the Tarot Deck in ADVENTURE!!!

Is that, when a player "loses" his cart, he don't obtain a new cart, and if a player don't expends his cart, he don't obtain nothing and in the next session he will have a new (maybe) tart cart...

• 2 weeks later...

yes chambo it does.  Go to the WW site and then click on RPG Games on the lfe, then on more games then on the main screen clcik on Adventure! at the bottom right.

The character sheet is on the page that then comes up.

Of course, you could have gone and had a look buddy :)

OK - we've just had a completed 20 odd page book for Adventure sent in by Senior Mal that will make its way onto the upcomming new EON: Adventure! site soon.

The book is setting material and will be available as a .pdf download AND in web page 'articl'e viewable format.

We have also recently had the Pul-Era Archtypes list sent in.

Anything else for Adventure?

PS - dont forget that any contributions sent in during the next month (that is, until the last day of January) gets entered into the competition to win a copy of Terra Verde.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hmmm, it'll take quite a while to write up my current story into something other people would be able to read and understand (most of my notes are in margins or rather written in my own little version of english) but it's huge, and i think joseph can attest that it's a fun one... it can actually be run from any of the three aeon games... i'd write more here, but the group is about two sessions from finishing it... if their lucky  :Devil ...

-harle

hey admin... i've started putting it on the web, although trying to convert my binder of doom to html of terror is going to take some time, but hopefully not too long... it's going to go up on the chronicles of the portal site first, and then i'd be happy to submit it to eruopnet... well, i should get back to typing if i expect to live up to my word here...

-harlequin

• 1 month later...

i tried to run an adventure game for admin, mal and overs but i think because of the laps of understanding the rules i diidn't have a chance and people didn't take it seriously so i got fustrated and called it quits. if there is a next time i will be prepared (hopefully) :dontgetit

Archived