Adventure! RPG - Michael Mercer

Pax's_Pimp

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No go in the Abberant Players Guide either for Mike Mercer. But I did find an amusing section that totally contradicts Adventure. In the section on Project Pandora it mentions Aeon as being all "covert" where as Adventure specifically says that Max publishes all of Aeon's findings for the world to see. It also says that Max is around so at this point we know of two people on the Aeon Council in Abberant times.

-Pax's Pimp

At this point after scouring my Abberant books like the good little Aeon geek that I am; I am prone to agree with you. Perhaps we just imagined it... OR  White Wolf secretly contracted the robot monkeys to come into our homes at night and replace all our Abberant books with ones that don't mention Michael Mercer... hmmmmmm hey it could happen.

::robotmonkey Paxs Pimp

*gasp* ITS TRUE ITS TRUE I SAW IT Jackson Creed TALKED TO ONE. I SAW IT!!!!!!!!!  He's in league with them... Oh no they have infiltrated our board. They could be anywhere. I bet theye even spray cheese-wiz in people's underpants at night!!!  (and if you catch that referance then you are as much of a geek as me) IIIIIIITTTTTSSSS TRUUUUUUEEEEEEE!!!!!

-Paxs Pimp *running for his life*

*slaps Pax in the face*  get a grip man!  you can't loose control now...we've just got to put the monkeys in robot suits out on patrol!

::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey  ::robotmonkey

Egads! Tiff? you too? I... uh... I don'ty know what to say... I mean turning on humanity to side with the robot monkeys... No I won't allow you. Come join me in the fight to rid the world of Robot monkeys. I hav created this evil. I must destroy it!!! But what could possibly stand up to robot monkeys... Think the fate of EON and the rest of the civilized world depends on us being able to come up with a weapon that these monkeys can't stand up to...

-Paxs Pimp

(yes I am feeling dramatic today)

Thank Goodness Harle you are our savior...

But we will need more members to our cause hmmmm

A Battle Rages Across The Boards and You are the Weapons.

Beseiged by The Evil Robot Monkeys of Doom a few of our board members had the courage and the dedication to fight back. These brave Forum dwellers had the courage to enlist the aid of The Not so Evil Drunken Robot Monkeys of mild Doom. Together we can beat back there slowly progressing front and win back the forums for the good of all gaming geeks every where.

Visit your local Chapter House of the EON Legion Squad to sign up. Remember the fate of the boards lies in your hands...

::eoncon03

In My humble opinion Michel and Max Mercer are 1 and the same.

In A!, we see how Max travel in time by 1st time to meet his old self and some members on the Original AEON Soc.

Could be easy fer him travel to Aberrant era, and place the seed of Utopia.

Also The Directive Aberrant book, make some notes abouth the coincidences betwen the AEON Soc and Utopia and some of their Members

I might have posted this before so if I have throw something at me... not literally... My only gripe with the whole theory of Michael Mercer being Maxwell Mercer is that wouldn't the Aeon Society members that knew a young Max recognize him as being the same person. Even identical twins have enough differences for people to tell them apart, thus a father and son would be able to be told apart. The genetics just dictate it that way. So thus it would raise a few questions if the guy who shows up after so many years claiming to be Max's son has all the same mannerisms, the same speech patterns, and looks identical to a younger Max. I don't know about you but I would start asking questions.  Just my gripes with that theory.

Paxs Pimp

How about this one. Since Adventure never tells us what type of Inspired Max is, lets assume he is either a psion or a nova. Max uses either Biokenesis or Homoculus to split himself some time in the future to accomplish some task. Max number 2 then gets a genius idea (I will use biokenisis to change =how I look and mate with my self.) Why because he can. So using Biokenisis he changes him self from Max to Maxina. Then seduces his old self. (after using domination or cloud the mind or what ever to hide his own existance.) The result Michael Mercer. A whole new type of human... Is that conveluted enough jake?

-Paxs Pimp

Hey you asked for conveluted...  ::bigsmile

What about this one. Michael Mercer is the love child of Divis Mal and Narcosis. Divis Mal after experienceing unrequited love for Max goes and creates a child with Narcosis. He then brain washes his son to believe that he is the child of Maxwell A. Mercer. HE tell young Michael that he must infiltrate the Aeon Society and lead to its unraveling. This young child is obviously a nova nad uses his powers to appear enough like his "father" to fool all of the Aeon Society. Except good old Max of course. Max (between a combination of Time Travel, and Latent Clearsentience) realizes instantly what is going on and sees this as a neccessary evil that must happen for Aeon Trinity to truely shine during humanities darkest hour... The Second Abberant War. He allows this to happen with his "son" guiding Aeon Society through a period of mismanagement and shame. Finally resulting in the near liquidation of Aeon Society and Aeon Trinity rising much like a Pheonix from the ashes...

Just a thought I had of what could have happened. Any better?

-Paxs Pimp

On the other hand, all the convoluted plots to explain the Michael Mercer angle could well be red herrings.

Here's a theory: Michael is...... Max Mercer's son! Created in the good old fashioned way. He's an ordinary, albeit very rich and influential, human with his fingers in a great many pies.

Jackson Creed

::alien

harle...i feel for you...he didn't by chance get Unreal Tournament did he? it was out yesterday and so i've temporarily lost my fiance.....*sigh*

Jackson.... It could be possible that he's just max's son and no one special other than that, but that'd be a hell of a cruel joke on behalf of the WW people just to screw w/ a lot of people i think.......

but seriously, they mentioned it in an off-handedly way, not mentioning the mother at all and surprising the rest of the group, so i think they were trying to hint and michael being something more.

No Anie I git Vampire the Masquerade Redemption. Hey for $5.00 I couldn't pass it up. It is basically Diablo with better sound. It takes up over a Gig of hard Drive space. Every conversation is saved in mp3 format, and there are usually 3-4 points per conversation where you have 3 or so options on what to say. The gaem is huge. But all in all it is cool. I am excited about setting up a multi-player gaem as soon as I find some one around who would also be interested in the game.

Oh and the music files are damn cool.

And I agree with you on the whole Michael Mercer thing having to be some how conveluted. Seriously my best guess is that some time in his travels, probablyto the future Max had a son he comes home and lives his life. Sometime or another his son (who picks up Dads time travel) comes back. Where as all of the Society is amazed by this Max isn't because he remembers traveling to the future.

-Paxs Pimp

• 1 month later...

Old discussion, but hey! Am I missing something here? I don't know much about aberrant, but Isn't Max Mercer the only one in the entire timeline who knows something about timetravel? And if he is, isn't it also likely that his travelling abilities includes only himself? Just wondering here... It just seems more likely to me that MMJr was born before he showed up, and not later. In that case, Michael must have been conceived sometime around 1915-20 (assuming that he is in his late twenties in 1945) and grown up somewhere hidden from the rest of the Aeon society.

Now why would Max do that? Maybe he went back in time specifically to get a son (or daughter) to take over for him when he knew he'd disappear in 1950. Or maybe he went back for some other reason, and just happened to fall in love? These things happen you know... (apart from the time-travelling, of course...)

As for Max=Michael: NO. Adventure! specifically states that the rest of the society recognize and are introduced to Max when he shows up briefly in 1942. They'd definitely recognize a younger version of Max when Michael shows up three years later.

well, we know that whitley is still alive in trinity times from the letter in terra verde... it's possible he survived that long in his own, but i'm more prone to believe max brings people he will need with him. he waits for times where the worlds future hangs in the balance and goes to those point to try to keep the humanity from destroying itself, or trying to guide them above and beyond themselves...

Archived