Hurricane Katrina

Kirby1024

Long and Amped are outside of the more devastating effect of Katrina. They are on higher ground, but they may still face flooding from the torrential rain. If Katrina continues it's straightline course through New Orleans, Amped and Long's residences would take a glancing blow. If it curves a bit west before going back east... that would be trouble.

But as of right now... New Orleans could be ERASED. Within 12 hours or less.

See, it's really bizarre, because Australia just doesn't have a hurricane season (Occasionally the Far North gets some tropical cyclones but other than that, nothing). Although, there was that freaky Cold-storm cyclone we had earlier in the year, but that wasn't anywhere near Katrina.

Another Levee has broken on the lake Ponchartrain side, which has dumped more water into the city of New Orleans. Initial reports are very bad, estimating over 22 billion in damage. Many families in both New Orleans and in Biloxi and Mobile have seen there homes destroyed. Crews from Texas have joined in to help rescue those trapped by flood waters and aid in the monumental task of cleaning up the affected areas and returning power to the area. 4000 national guardsmen have been called up to aid in relief efforts. Speaking as a native Louisianian, I am humbled by the generosity of these peole, and their sacrifice. To those of you who were worried about Amped and I, your concern means alot, I value many of you as Friends, it is good to know that it is mutual. Katrina is still a Tropical storm dropping large amounts of rain from Southern MO to Pensylvania, Those of you in it's path shall be in my thoughts today. I hope you all have a nice day.

Archived