Aberrant RPG - Highest Possible Soak Values?

Asche

For all you math majors out there....

Assuming one rolled 100% successes,

impossible as it may seem, what is the ABSOLUTE highest soak value a character may posess? For the Record, assume that whatever attribute is in question is at it max. ie..Mega-Stamina 5(10 with attributes above 5 rules), Armor maxed and with the Heavy extra...etc....

Also, with all the relative advantages/extras, what is the most dots per health level possible?

I am just curious what potential is out there to be had. Thani you all for making it easier on me and my curiosity, not to mention my adversion to figuring this out by myself. laugh

This is my main problem when I ST Aberrant; an antagonist might be strong enough to only ever manage to scratch PC #1, but completely annihilate PC #2 with a half-assed roll. eek

Don´t get me wrong, I like the fact that this game does not ooze Game Balance in every single paragraph... I just get a lot of way-past-last-minute revelations where I realize that I have to either seriously muck up an antagonists´s stats or force 75% of the players to make new characters in, say, five minutes.

Originally, the question was worded as is. Meaning WHATEVER condition/power combo there was, what would the maximum soak be. Then I read the Players Guide thoroughly. WOW!! I guess with Quantum inferno as an attack, there should be a defense for it right? maybe not.

I guess rewording would be done this way: Counting only the OBVIOUS defense powers/abilities, what is the highest soak? (ie..Armor, Forcefield, Stamina) And what is the highest dots per health level possible B4 any of the L4-L6 powers? That is a little better.

I think a player in one of our games found the higest defensive power available. He used Temporal manipulation to freeze people on his own side in order to make them immune to incomming damage - the damage could not effect something frozen in time. Using this logic you could blast away with quantum inferno all day and have no effect. Total immunity. Also what about reduced density 5..also complete immunity to physical and energy attacks...although not mental of course.

Archived