Trinity RPG - India Underground !

CHILL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hey there guys.

Well, I've finally got most of my ducks in a line and I can finally start doing some work on more personnal projects. I feel awefull having promissed to do illustrations for this project and letting everyone down. Here's the kicker however : I can't start work on IU just yet.

I'll probably have a few sketches (that were promissed to Chris for last friday) done for THIS friday, but no final work. I won't be able to start on real illustrations for another two weeks, give or take a two days.

Here's why : I'm participating in this contest held by Dark Horse Comics. It's calles Strip Search and allows participants to draw a comic book of up to eight pages on a ridiculously small format and send it in. Comics will be shown on the Dark Horse page where viewers can come and vote for their favorites. I've started work on my short story, an introduction of sorts to a bigger world. Now eight pages may seem like a breeze, but I'm not that fast an artist and it takes me about a full day to draw a page of comic (including inks and colors). I hope you'll forgive my selfishness, but I really want to participate in this. Afterwards however, I'm all yours.

Thanks for your patience guys.

Nat ::blush

Hey, Nat! Good to see you're still alive and (questionably) sane. I'm excited about seeing some sketches of yours.

Good luck with the Dark Horse thing. Let us know when your stuff is up, and where. I, for one, would bee happy to go take a look. Wanna buy a vote? :P

-Joseph

If I buy votes I'm disqualified, so...no.

Sorry. I will be keeping up with the haps here a bit more though and participating in more discussions about this and that. I will also have a very trim web page up to show off my work for the contest. I won't be showing any finished products, but pre-colored pages, character synopsis and all the hooplah will be up eventually. I'll post the addy when I have it.

On a more important subject, I'd like ideas as to the cover for IU. Unless it's been already done, I'd really like a crack at it. I know I've already asked for ideas, but I need all the inspiration I can get.

Thanks again.

Nat.

• 3 months later...

Heya Irishhawk - good to have you onboard  ::thumbs-up

India Underground is still being worked on, including writing and artwork.  There's not a specific date yet for release due to everyone doing this in their spare time - it _is_ coming however, and as soon as we can give more accurate information, trust me - we will do  ;)

What I can say is that a lot of hard work has gone into it and continues to go into it by everyone involved, and its looking good.

Be patient, it is comming.

Nothing new, but I just want to say that we are all (well, me anyway) very greatful for the hard work and care that is going into this (and other) peices! People working for the love of it are to be the most highly praised of all!

Good work guys!  :D  ::smiley1  ::partyhat

ps: I like the new site too, very sharp, and easier to navigate!

So in a show of good faith maybe you could give us a taster of the Chib psi powers ::smiley10

For in my immesurable stupidity i have gone and started a game with chibs (as npcs of course) but I have no psi powers for them! ::butbut

Soooooo.... does anbody have some or am I gonna have to totoally flub them?

Of course i do enjoy flubbing ::smiley1

P.S. gotta love the new international alcohol they have 'round here ::saki   ::hehe  ::hehe

we're with you for now chill, those sections are still in there edit phase and we want to make sure these things are as flawless as we can make them before anything is put out to the public. engine, if it helps you can take a look at the players guide (assuming you have it) for the first levels in each power and play off of those, s'what i did when i ran some chibs. in any case a chib from the purge would have incredible versatility and control over their powers, to the degree that its likely they have invented a few new techniques of their own, or have refined ones they know into niche uses. if you play them kinda loose and be vague about exatly what they can do you should be able to run them just fine without the powers we have. hope that helps.

jake

You probably know this already, but just in case, there are the freeform QK powers that I have been using sorta in the meantime ('cause I couldn't wait either):

http://www.chill.uk.net/eon....m.shtml

Only, like Victor said, play it "vague." Rather than, "Evil Bob's using Energetics level 4 on you," say something like "You get a prickly, almost electric feeling in the skin of your arm, right before it bursts into flame. Evil Bob smiles at the sight." ::devil  Since the player (and their PCs) don't know what the chib powers are anyway, it won't matter when we get the real powers ::wub . Plus, again like Vic said, any discrepicies can be explained as more specialized modes.   ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived