Harry Potter and the Half-Born Prince

I called the ending a long time ago too. That left me, strangely, very unsatisfied. I was hoping Rowling wouldn't do the obvious and certainly not the way it ended up being.

But, it was much better than Order Of The Phoenix and it's definitely wet my appetite for the next book.

Quote:
Originally posted by Apep:
There was a bit to much "snogging" for my taste, but I did enjoy it. After beeing so disapointed with Order of the Phoenix, I was relieved.
Daniel Radcliffe (who plays Potter in the films) says that he and the other actors don't get the same experience reading the books as normal people. For them, they are finding out what they're going to be acting out in the coming years, which is fun in his words because "everyone else gets to imagine doing these things. I get to look forward to actually doing them."

I imagine Rupert Grint (Ron's actor) read HBP thinking, "Bloody hell! I'm going to be snogging Lavender's actress for half the film! I'm going to be showing up to work and the director will be like, 'Well Rupe, you looking forward to more snoggin' today?"

Loved it... and yes, Spiderman ending that kind of annoyed me a bit. It was like "Insert heroic cliche here". Aside from that it really REALLY made me want the next installment.

BTW, Id like to have a more indepth discussion on it but I dont want to be a spoiler so maybe a new thread...?

Finished it.

I think we should remember what it was like to have the hormones of 16 year olds once again. At least from the boy's perspectives, that was pretty much the greatest thing I looked forward to (even over gaming laugh ).

What stunned me was that there weren't more teachers taking kids to task over it. Maybe that's supposed to be the prefects job?

I would also point out that the ending is necessary in a classical way ... if it was for real, no?

Archived