Trinity RPG - A United Kingdom Soucebook

Aeon

I, and Chris, thought that it might be a good idea to create a United Kingdom sourcebook for Trinity, partly to fix the ridiculous mistakes that the WW team made about Britain (since when does the Prime Minister live at 10 BRowning Street?) and also to add some more detailed content.

Some possible themes would be the struggle against the French immigrants, the people assisting them and the British Home Guard, the UKs new found friendship with the Japanese, the state of the hearts and minds of the British people and an explanation of the different regions in the UK.

So who would be interested in reading such a book? And who would be interested in helping writing it  (Brits or those knowledgeable about the UK only please!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey all!

This is a really old post, and because we had like only 4 members at the time (LoL) I thought that I would bring it back up again.  I would really like to do this once I have finished helping with InUn and DeSa (so that will be quite a while) but could I do with some idea of who would be interested in this idea.  Is anyone interested?  It may be that others in Team Underground contribute to it as well if I and other people decide to do it...   :D

It sounds like an great idea for souce book.  I would be very intrerested in taking a look at it.  I'm affraid in terms of help all I can over is editing.  Don't hold my posts against me in that regard.  I'm much better at reading other people's work.  All that teaching and tutoring of English  ;) I've done.

Just one Yank's take on it.

Well that was quick!   :D

Perhaps this can be the third endeavour of Team Underground with some more people onboard.  I will get back to people for help, I know what most of you are great at (you guys rule) and Harker, I would be gald for you to proof-read it and stuff if you would be so kind.   :)

Anyone else interested in reading it?

:)   I loves reading.  I can't quite do the 1,000 pages a week I read in college.  But I'm still good for 500+ a week.  And I love to get out my red pens, not that I'm expecting a lot of errors. :P

Whaoho!  I can't remember the last thing I proofed that wasn't a boring college/job thing.

You want some sort of tribalized tattoo, or something that looks really cool, but you can't figure out what it is, I'm your man. You want people, animals, etc, Breearg has me beaten, hands down. :omg

What sort of art would you need? I can try to see if something might be in my ability. Digital art, well, I'm the resident evil, er, guy for that. I can help.

-Joseph

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh, the joy of reviving old threads.. :P

If you need any help with the UK sourcebook I'd be glad to help, especially with socio-political and legal "future history" stuff. I'm a canadian law student which means I've got the queen on my dollar and most of my laws (the important ones anyway...). I think specific "Psi-laws" would be fun to create. That's what I especially enjoyed from the Psi-law book in the FSA bit...

However, I still don't understand anything about cricket

(same bowler and batter for two days?!!)  ???

:bigsmile i think the upeo would be banned from the rugby matches right off the bat, after all, they'd just 'port the ball from one side of the field to the other every time... if the other team did get the ball, they'd just warp space until the guy dropped from exhaustion from running too far...

-harle

Ezekiel - I might find it useful regarding immigration laws and similar stuff.  It is an absolute minefield!  Do you have SE?

Cricket thing -  I am a big cricket fan too.  Sit around in the sun all day - good in my book.  Also, a question to our American friends.  Why are you such woosies and have to wear padding for American football, when we pay Rugby with nothing more than a gumguard.  You must all be pansies!   :D

:)

I don't have it but it shouldn't be too hard to get if needed. As for immigration laws, well, they're boring as #### to put it lightly. You'd have to be more specific. If you want I could e-mail you the Canadian immigration Act just so you have an idea of what it's like. British immigration must be about the same though I haven't checked it yet. However, I imagine what you'd want is just some psi-immigration laws, some criminal acts, maybe a few cases. In that case it'd be better if you sent me some info on the Trinity era british govt.

I do not want detailed laws Ezekiel.

The UK in the Trinity era is a bastion of people that distrusts Europeans (they are snivelling fools who wish to take advantage of the British) and any other foreigners (they are too damn smug.)  They have closed their doors, and travel visas are hard to come by.  There have been illegal visas distributed in the past also.   Psions are monitored carefully also.  The UK government has bought a virus from the Norca that makes anyone sick who does not have the vaccine or a temporary immunisation.

YOu can write a bit if you want for the book.  I am rabidly working on InUn at the momnet, so bear with me and I will bounce you a message later.

• 6 months later...

Count me in. Not sure what I'll be able to do. As an archaeology and history graduate (as well as a Sith Lord), I'm very used to reading about history. Creating it should be a walk in the park...

I have ready access to a large amount of hard copy material (I work for a books supplier and my girlfriend works for the Birmingham public library service).

Basically I'll do what you want. I'm your bitch. :)

Thanks both. ::thumbs-up

I'm looking to have some news regarding moving the UK Sourcebook forward before the end of the this weekend.

I'll make an announcement before the end of the weekend...and will more than likely be looking to review this project, and move it forward.  

Info as soon as I have it  :)

Archived