Trinity RPG - You may be a Trinity player if...

Joseph

I was going through some of my old files tonight in hopes of flooding Admin's inbox with submissions (something I recommend everyone do  :D ). I came across this old beauty from the early days of the Trinity mailing list. I can't remember who wrote it, but the comments added were theirs, not my own.

-Joseph

You may be a Trinity player if...

... You stubbornly call it Aeon, instead of Trinity, even if you don't play it.

... You peeled the Trinity sticker off the Aeon book so that you could "have an original".

... You ever begged your friend for the Trinity sticker off his book because when you bought it, it was still called Aeon.

...You meet people and try to guess what Aptitude they might be.

...You've ever gone into a department store and asked where the Kostbaar merchandise is.

...You wonder why your college doesn't offer a course in noetic science.

...You watch Farscape and claim Moya is a rip off of the Leviathan jump-ships.

...When you write out a check, you write the year as 2120.

...You use "yeh" in everyday conversation.

...So do your friends.

...You refuse to believe it when someone says they just took a trip to Paris.

...You've called a travel agency and tried to book passage to Luna.

...You're on this mailing list.

...When your computer crashes, you try to use your "Electrokinetic powers" to fix it.

...You wish you could meet the Coalition, because it'll be the only action you've had in years...if ever.

...You celebrate Selene Miller's birthday.

...You see an ugly person and wonder if he's an Aberrant.

...You constantly search your house for bugs planted by the CSA.

...Every time you get a headache, you claim it's "psionic backlash".

...You shine flashlights at the little lizards on your porch expecting them to respond in kind.

...You're pissed off that you missed the chance to celebrate the Aeon Society's 75th anniversary back in 1998.

...You're already wondering where you'll be at the 100th anniversary in 2023.

...You're in a video store and see the title "Benji" and you can't help thinking the mutt's been genetically engineered.

...You wonder if rubber cement is excreted by a bioapp.

...You lock yourself out of your car, and while you're waiting for the car service, you actually try concentrating as hard as you can on the door lock in hopes of discovering you're a psychokinetic. (I've done this.)

...Mention in the newspaper of the names "Mercer," "Herzog," "Larssen" or "Cassel" make you look twice.

...You think of the moon not as "the Moon," but as "Luna."

...You look up at Luna on a crescent-moon night, and expect to see cities twinkling there on the dark side.

...You see a commercial for the local jai-alai fronton, and think, "Gravball!"

...You seriously consider founding a Kiwanis-style service club called "Aeon Society" in your town. (I've done this. Considered it, not actually done it.)

...You think the "K" in "Y2K" stands for Kuwasha.

...You're late for work, and you think, "Damn, I should be able to blink there, it's familiar enough."

...You actually close your eyes and concentrate for a second, just in case it works. (I've done these two.)

...You're stuck in traffic, and you wish you could just pull back on the wheel, tilt your HVTR fans, and lift off over the other cars.

...You hold your dice bags in your armpits so your "formatted bio-dice" can feed, and give you better rolls. (I've done this, and it only works with official Trinity dice.)

...You catch yourself calling your boss "Andrew." (I've done this too...)

...You spell Sci Fi "Psi Fi"

...You watch Star Wars and wonder if Luke could be a psychomorph.

...You argue with your Composition professor about the meaning of the word "Proxy."

...You still refer to it as "Aeon"

...You are well versed with Greek letters and mythology

...You own the Aeon Trinity pin (it was only $5, I had to get it)

...You can't say "Upeo Wa Macho" enough

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived