Batman Begins.

Hugin

Okay. This fucking movie fucking ruled.

Fuck yeah!

Loved it.

And I loved it in a mellow way. It didn't try to grab me by the sack and scream in my face that Batman is god. No, it gave me a story. A good story with good acting and good flow. It showed me some respect. Tinkered with canon where necessary and stayed true to the core.

Now go see it or be declared a weenie wussball.

yeah, except a device that vaporizes all the nearby water would cook a human being pretty darn efficiently. You know, because, humans are mostly water. And you'd need a sufficient Faraday-cage type suit to resist the microwave radiation just to be near it, and even then something of that calibur is probably going to make you pretty ill. :P

I have to admit that I'm a bit miffed that Bruce Wayne, mr master of chemistry and forensics, has to outsource so much of his science work to another character.

But Liam Neeson RULES!!!!

It was truly... awesome...saw it twice so far... gonna take some friends tomorrow.

The background was the most delightful of the story.. and Alfred and Mr. Fox were well cast by Caine and Freeman.

Three cheers!!!

Lets hope the new superman is done in the same vein...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashnod:

I have to admit that I'm a bit miffed that Bruce Wayne, mr master of chemistry and forensics, has to outsource so much of his science work to another character.
I actually liked that. It accepted the fact that mastering the criminal mind, his body, and a variety of scientific disciplines by the age of 30 was just a little too far. I mean, the idea that at 10 he suddenly had a steel hard resolve and spent his every waking moment dedicated to becoming the perfect fighting machine against criminality was sometimes a little hard to swallow.

And I agree, Liam was great. I also really liked the toning down but overall much more creepy Dr. Crane.

Oh... HELL.... YEAH!

The origins of Batman's fighting style rocked, and Ras-al-goul was perfect at the true "big bad" of the movie. The scenes of Gotham City as a sort of Cyberpunkish dystopia ala BladeRunner was even better. What really seals the deal is that fact that Wayne spent most of his formative adult years training. He didn't know chemistry or other sciences. He was training to be a soldier against crime. Having Lucius Fox be his Q, and Alfred take on a very nice role as his backup and his father figure was darn well played.

Also, seeing Scarecrow in this movie was awesome. The way he operated made him seem less of a cartoonish villain, and more of a real villain. One who had a goal. Although, the Microwave weapon was sorta... cheesy. I guess you needed some sort of reason for a nail-biting final battle at the end, I guess.

Overall, this movie was for the James Bond/Batman/Tech head inside all of us.

This movie gets a 4... out of 5.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakurako Endeavor Hino:
The scenes of Gotham City as a sort of Cyberpunkish dystopia ala BladeRunner was even better.
See, I didn't see it that way and that was one of the reasons I liked it. Gotham actually looked like a city to me rather than some noir/gothic fantasy gone awry.

No, I'm just fuckin' with ya. laugh

The only thing I didn't really like about the movie was Batman's costume and it's not because it looked bad. They did such a good job of telling the story and making all of the characters seem like real people it was kind of a shock to see Batman in costume. Kind of like "Oh yeah, I'm watching a super hero flick!"

Does that make any sense?

I gave it a B+

A microwave that powerful, enough to evaporate water at that distance, would kill any people anywhere close. People are, after all, mostly water.

The microwave plot was my only beef, it seemed kind of convoluted. There were a million less over the top ways to get the drug into the population. That was just far too complicated and showy.

I finally saw it on Thurday. I thought it was pretty good. I didn't mind the microwave thing one bit. It's a crazy plot by a crazy bad guy.

Spoiler Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I noticed though. When Liam Neison and his crew were getting ready to dump the fear dust into the water, they put on gas masks. Makes sense right? Except that Liam has a facial hair. For the same reasons you won't see a firefighter with a beard, that hair would probably break the seal.

Now maybe he's immune to it. But then he wouldn't need said gas mask. Maybe he's just trying to fit in.

Archived