Exalted: Dreams of Exaltation - OOC: Exalted Letters

Krul

Awesome.. which btw, brings to mind a quote regarding exalted that is worth repeating.

You are not Awesome because you are Exalted, you Exalted because you are Awesome.

Study it, remember it, embrace it, this is the core of the Exalted, in many ways, regardless of which kind.

An Update for everyone, regarding the PC's.. a general idea of what they are capable of, and for non-Alchemicals how you found yourselves at Loran... for the time being.. I'll be working a thread, and will post it once I get a few minor details regarding characters ironed out.

Strategic Initiative Director: Sid is Starmetal Caste,a Master of War, Strategy and Tactics, his skill in war reaches the limits of mortal ability, and he's extremely capable mentally, the core of his focus being cerebral. He is very calm and collected, unyielding in his convictions, and carries out all of his actions with the precision of the sharpest knife He is also, though capable in matters of battle, with an alternate charm configuration, he becomes the diplomatic envoy, though even there he retains considerable ability as a tactical adviser, sense his skill in war is natural ability, even without charm enhancement. Loran's Assembly has already given him control over one of their larger military units, and he has led them with considerable skill and distinction, his unit has considerable pride in the distinction of being lead by him.

Vanguard of Many Honored Footsteps: Vana is Moonsilver Caste, and she surpasses her Starmetal brother in the arts of raw combat, though not matters of war, she is a Champion, not a General, as he is. Within Loran, she is one of the most compassionate and controlled of the new Alchemicals, and has taken up the practice of martial arts, in particular Thousand Wound Gears Form. Her raw ability in martial arts is at the limits of mortal capability, she's very physically oriented, as well as beautiful, in contrast to her more Cerebral Starmetal sibling. A remarkably able warrior, she's also quite capable in matters of stealth and exploration, especially with alternate charms installed, and she has already contributed to her nation in matters of exploration and finding new resources.

Seiya of the Shooting Star: Saiya is Dawn caste, and has few memories of his former life as a soldier and blacksmith, a significant blow to the head during the same battle in which he exalted, stripped away most of them. What little he can remember, involve his young 9 year old daughter, mostly because she told them to him, and he vaguely recognizes the truth in her words. His memories of the first age, however, are nearly total, though he mainly remembers the highest points.. he is quite distressed at the distance the Age of Sorrows has fallen from the Age of Splendor, and determined to restore the lost glories. As a warrior, he's amazing, but his skill a craftsman is also remarkable, with the right resources, he can create wonders. When his daughter was taken into Autochthon, during a moment he was busy with other matters, he chased after to rescue her, and after fighting his way though the reaches, he found himself and his daughter, and his companions, on the outskirts of Loran

Mei-Ying: Mei is a Twilight, an attractive young woman with a fascination of sorcery, and a determination to both learn and teach as much as she can. Already she grows in knowledge and understanding, being extremely bright and capable, and having mastered several terrestrial spells. She seeks to bring knowledge back to creation, in the form of schools and learning. Combat wise, she's quick and agile, very capable of dodging most attacks, and has begun to practice snake style, as well as mastering several magics involving thrown. Her facination with the first age brought her to enter Autochthonia, and thrown together with Saiya, both of them fighting together to survive the strange aspects of the elemental pole of metal, they ended up at the edge of Loran together.

Ophelia: Ophelia is a Changing Moon, who is an absolutely stunning beauty, and is very capable in matters involving seduction, infiltration, spying and assassination. Ophelia is also much tougher then she appears, her soft beauty hides something much more dangerous then appearances might suggest. Like Mei and Saiya, she was sort of thrown together with the two of them, though she perhaps has yet to reveal her true nature to the two solars, she has used her skills in dance and seduction to get into the city. Few in Loran yet realize that the young dancer who entered the city from the reaches so recently is anything more then she appears, however, the city itself, feeling a strange connection, watches her with interest.

I'm working on preludes for characters, the present one is for our two Alchemicals, whose characters are more or less completed. Preludes are meant to occur before the present, so it's how you get to where you are.. they are opportunities to flesh out your characters a bit more.. as well as obtain a few extra experience

Be adding the others as we continue.. then merging them together.. when everything combines in the present.

Ok, folks.. after some consideration, I'd like folks to post character sheets as follows.

Make it a separate post, and use the Green Character Tag.

Name:

Caste:

Description:

Basic Information:

Leave a spot at the bottom like this..

Character Sheet

Click to reveal..

Character Sheet Goes here, at this time, leave this blank, I have yet to decide if I want PC stats to be public or not. Charms, however please do put in here.. this will give folks a basic idea of supernatural capabilities, and stats related to them, but only in those areas that are charm enhanced.

Code:
Experance, as per indicated in the Experance Thread

Added in an NPC thread in order to both keep track of NPC's (I'll be adding other NPC's, friendly and unfriendly, as we go on). This is also something of template for what I'm looking for from PC character posts.

Nice reply there, for Mei-Ying, I'd have to say, +1 stunt, at least, more likely +2, if it was a stunt action wink. In fact, I am saying just that, which in this case, means I'm applying it just in the XP aspect.

Alright, I've updated all character sheets to bring them current, including XP, your free to make edits of your own as you like, of course the XP and Charms in.

And, I've decided that I like charms/spells only in the character sheet just fine, no need to add anything else, it gives a good indication of what folks are capable of, without making character's transparent.

On a somewhat different note, I've decided, for the time being, at least until necessary, not to add any more Alchemical NPC's, other then Ash. That means also, that those slots open for possible players, should someone want to join the game later.

I've gotten some indication folks would prefer 8 xp a month to 2 xp a week, sense that is easier to keep track of. Fair enough, I'll make that alteration, starting this month, but xp already added is in place... which means everyone get's to add 8 xp to their characters with regards to the beginning of September. I'll edit this in the Experience thread also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On a Note, just a reminder to everyone.. +8 xp for October.

Also, on a different note, Vana.. Alchemicals only need to breath to speak, which means you don't really need a wetsuit.. she can just walk to the airlock and out into the ocean of oil.

Ok.. checking over sheets,

Director should be at 10,+8 (Oct)

Vana should be at 23, +4 (Plot Advancement) and + 8 (Oct)

Seiya should be at 12, + 8 (Oct)

Mei-Ying is up to date now.

Ophelia hasn't posted, but I'm under the impression the player has been very busy.

• 1 month later...

Long! We need to decide what we want to do, pronto. We've kept Krul waiting a huge long time as we wait on each other to take the initiative. smile

Fight it out and try to keep our banners down? Or let ourselves be captured and then go crazy when we're away from town?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, folks, sense Saiya and Mei Ying are going with the Autochithonia's, I'm planning to bring everything together much faster.. once the name of Autochithon comes up for both of them, though presently waiting on Mei Ying's post to accelerate things.

Ash is the one who knows all of the details, but she's managed to pass on a bit to you.. the invasion force appears to be close to 1000 in number, this includes humans and spirit/machine forces. They are lead by what appears to be a Colossal Soulsteel Achemical, and several others, one of whom, described, would be recognized as Inverted Shard Song by Vana.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, sorry for the lack of posts from me, though I'm starting a new job here, and getting settled in, that has taken a measure of my time.

On a different note, it's January, everyone gets + 8 xp.

You have the 5 alchemicals, it's fairly easy to see their resources, you can just ask to know what charms they can install, you have Loran herself, the city is not without her defenses, she can certainly activate a colossus all her own to join you and fight the other colossus. Other forces, you have about 500 trained warriors, not counting your own forces, and 500 militia who can be called in an emergency upon but they simply folks who are trained to use weapons, miners the like who learned weapons on the side (Melee ratings of 2 or so). Also, there are about 50 extremely well trained mortals who also practice terrestrial martial arts, these are your best mortal forces. The city has also close to 5000+ people living in it, but the majority of them don't have more then the most basic combat training, if any.

• 2 weeks later...

That depends, adding a charm slot, dedicated or general, only takes a day, that you have time for, even with your scouting mission, it would let you install one more charm then you could before.

Now, a new charm takes a number of days equal to minimum attribute + minimum essence, that you don't really have time for, but if you want to go ahead and purchase a new charm, feel free, you just don't have access to it until after this battle.

After this attack, I intend to allow a good bit of downtime, that will give you time then.

Archived