Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - Quantum Cap and rate of increase vote

I'll make it official with these polls, Choose whether or not quantum 7+ is to be allowed, how fast you can advance, and What the final quantum Cap will be.

Please vote only once per player.

Voting will be open for one week.

If the quantum Cap is going to be higher than 6, It will require moderator approval to increase it.

Btw, I do want to apologize. I spent quite a while earlier composing my proposal for an uncapped game that I posted over in the Online Gaming section. This Vote thread was not up when I started composing that post and I didn't see this vote until after I had finished and posted. I wasn't making that proposal out of some spite thing.

Earlier today it seemed like the discussion on having a cap or not was over and that the majority had expressed their wish not to have it raised so I was pursuing the only option I thought available to me which was to create a new setting in which there was no cap.

After the discussion thread I am honestly surprised by the voting results here so far.

Just keep in mind with Item #2 in the vote that if you make the cap raise only every 3 years you are basically putting on a soft cap instead of a hard cap. Can anyone here honestly say this game will continue for 6, 9 or 12 years? If I'm wrong about that I'll happily apologize to everyone in year 6 and admit humbly how wrong I was to be a pessimist.

For the record, I selected the "as fast as they want" option on the rate of increase, with the understanding that the Mod has to give approval, and is well within his rights not give such approval for as long as he feels is appropriate.

In my opinion, Fox is right: 3 years of activity, minimum, before the next allowed increase in Quantum? You might as well have just voted 'no' and left it at that. One year of activity, minimum, before an allowed increase is much more reasonable, but I don't personally like the rigidity of such a system, so I didn't vote for it.

Okay, Here's how it goes, The Quantum Cap will be 10, and you may advance to it as fast as you wish within the rules established that you may only buy one dot of any particular thing per month. HOWEVER, each point beyond 6 requires approval from the Moderator(s).

I would like an explanation for the increase, be it a fiction, or story told for the PC, something that fits the increase in the nova's already godly power.

Anything that would substantially alter the world requires both 3/4ths of the player base's approval, and the approval of the Moderator(s) to be considered Canon.

Archived