VtR: The Snake in Plain View

Jaime Lowery

Hey. I'm looking to start up a WoD game, but I'm trying to focus it on one (hopefully not too long) plotline, the length of which would be one chapter.

So I know that I haven't so far the best reputation with running games, but I aim to correct that! This game is intended to be a shorter shindig. And it's been adapted from one of my TT games, so I have a better idea of how to go.

And below a summary sheet

------

Name: The Snake In Plain View

Venue: Vampire the Requiem

Storyteller: Voice of Novus

Action: Combat and challenges MODERATE

Character Development: Personal dilemmas and choices HIGH

Darkness: PC death or corruption HIGH

Drama: Ceremony and grand story HIGH

Intrigue: Politics and negotiation HIGH

Manners: Social etiquette and peer pressure HIGH

Mystery: Enigmas and investigation VERY HIGH

Tagline:

In Paradiso City, on the coast of California, a rare interaction and peace between the many supernatural factions of the city exists, brokered by the wisdom and foresight of your Prince.

But now, a letter of summons has come to you, itself also a letter of regal warrant. For a quietly whisphered threat has been prophesied of, one that could break the peace.

The Snake in Plain View....

Rules:

Standard VtR, bloodlines allowed but must be cleared with me. And you can snatch up stuff from anywhere, provided it's a WW book, and you can give me the reference of the book name and the page number.

20 xp, and... oh yes... firedevil

NO Carthans, for reasons I cannot explain currently.

Notable NPC’s (under construction):

Prince Terrell Fitzgerald, Ruler of Paradiso City

A strong-willed Ventrue of the Invictus, he has held the city since the arrival of Kindred in the 1950's. A balding, middle-aged appearing man, he speaks softly, but has steel in his back and voice. Recently he had in farsightedness made agreements to keep the peace in Paradiso between the two Lupine factions, and negotiated with the Mages and the Crimson Cobras. So far, all has gone well with that decision, as his subjects note.

Chet Masters & The Crimson Cobras

A 'krewe' of Sin-Eaters that hold the motto, 'Life for the Living', and take it very seriously that the dead should remain dead. However, Masters holds a tentative agreement with the Prince that forbids the Cobras from going after the Prince's subjects. Those not in the domain's protection are natural and legal bait.

Lugh

A ex-pack leader and the de facto representative of the Pure. A Fire-Touched, he had a mysterious shift in attitude following his resurfacing after brief reports he'd been killed in a battle with the Forsaken. He has now been found to be pro-peace and more calm, much to the shock of the Ivory Claws and Predator Kings.

You're asking people to commit to a game without giving them workable information. You've told them very, very little about the sort of game you're going to run, whether anything is going to be house-ruled, if there are any variations or restrictions on character generation, etc. I don't think it's unreasonable for Katalyst to request that kind of info, and you're more likely to get people interested and willing to give it a shot if you post it up.

Archived