Storytellers Rewards: Thoughts on Open World Games

jameson (ST)

Short version:

In Open World games players who choose to ST a scenario for other players (leaving his character out of it, or using them only as a background NPC) that person earns a reward in Exp to a character of their choice for their efforts.

Long Version:

All things considered, the person STing is putting at least as much effort into a story as the other players, if not even more. If Open World games reward players who ST for other players it will (hopefully) encourage more people to occasionally (or regularly) run stories for others in addition to the stuff they write and participate in with other PCs. The details would need to be worked out by the mod(s) of the game of course, how much Exp is earned, how that is determined, etc.

just some food for thought for the mods of those OW games out there

An interesting idea, Jim.. I like it. I think it would go a long way towards making the OW forums more feasible for some of us who aren't as good at making up our own fics, while at the same time not putting the responsibility of plot generation squarely on the shoulders of one or two people. This also gives people who aren't as practiced at it the opportunity to "Test-run" some scenarios without the necessity of coming up with entire plot arcs or intensive story line scenarios.

Overall, the idea definitely has my support.

Archived