What does one actually do with this thing? I just got the OpNet infrastructure installed yesterday to do some research, but it seems I may also speak directly to other 'Novas' as well. It sounds like a pretty good idea, but as I sit here typing, I realize that I don't actually KNOW any of you. Not really. I've been combing newsreels for about three hours now, and the only thing they seem to be interested in showing on 'em is people swanning around and tossing cars and shite at each other.

With that in mind, I believe introductions are indeed the order of the day. I'll start.

My name is Angus Sinclair, and I just celebrated my one hundred and fourth birthday last December. I live in Drumgask, Scotland, and have for most of my life. The only exceptions to that were my stint in the Royal Navy and when I left to attend medical school. I have been a doctor on and off the battlefield for a very long time. Not last summer, but the one before, I woke up to a face I had not seen in over 60 years. My own, as a young man. This was exceedingly disconcerting to me, but even more so to my neighbors. Before, since my practice was the only one in town, everyone would go there for anything medical-related. Now? The elderly won't go out of some vague feeling that I 'cheated' and the young won't go because I'm, to use the parlance of the day, 'creepy'. I haven't had a legitimate appointment in over 6 months, and I have too much energy to retire.

So, to revisit the opening of this post, now what? I'm not broke by any means, but I need something to do, and Drumgask is definitely starting to look like a place I no longer 'fit' in.

Introductions and ideas would be most welcome.

A. Sinclair

Welcome to novahood Doc.

If you get bored and want patients to treat, then Sierra Leone could always use more doctors. I can't promise you much in the way of money for your services, the people here are very poor and recovering from a terrible economic ordeal right now, but I'm sure they would appreciate you and make you feel welcome.

I have to warn you though, it's pretty hot and humid here compared to Scotland. My ancestors are from Ireland so I understand it can be uncomfortable. Not that I would know personally, I 'feel' the temperature but it doesn't effect me.

Welcome to Novahood Doctor, isn't quantum Amazing?

In all seriousness, It's great being a nova, and A nova Doctor like yourself willl have no problems finding a way to put your talents to good use. I believe Elspeth's given you one alternative.

Sierra Leone, while hot and humid, is quite a nice place to go, My wife and I truly enjoy our visits there.

Hmm, the both of you raise interesting points. Last time I saw Europe was back in '45, and it wasn't as impressive as all that.

Sounds like a bang up plan. And miss, if any doctor tells you they got into the job for the money, then you were talking to a terrible doctor.

Let me take care of a fair few things, and I'll be on a flight to Sierra Leone within 12 hours.

I look forward to your arrival, and I always enjoy having friends visit.

I'll call over to the to the Royal Hilton and have rooms readied for your arrival. It's not a 5 star European hotel, but it's not bad. Probably 4 star.

If you decide you like it here we can work on getting you more permanent housing.

You don't have to go to that much trouble, miss. I'm perfectly fine with a cot and a tent. In fact, I think I still have my tent from the war around here somewhere.

Also, Exile? Can you take a Jeep with us? I can fit everything I'll need in it, if you can manage the weight. I confess I have no idea how much weight you may be capable of taking.

If he can't, then I can open a warp that you can drive through. But be careful, we drive on the right side of the road here. Don't get in a wreck trying to drive on the left. That is always a challenge for visitors from the UK. smile

Dr. Sinclair,

When you have visited with my friend Elsbeth and had your fill for the moment of her beautiful country, you would be welcome to visit the Greater Pine Ridge Reservation; we always welcome another healer here, and I would like to meet you.

Ptehehincalasanwin

Archived