Aberrant: StarGate Atlantis - S1:E2: Iratus

Dawn OOC

"Motherfucker! Move it, move it, move it!" Yseult shouted. If she'd been with a team of real soldiers instead of a doctor, a lawyer who couldn't even shoot crooked, and Inoae, she might have been inclined to take down the Wraith. She was sure the squint-boys would love the extra specimens. But the only soldier she had was Bates, who had been injured by McGuilli-shouldn't-be-allowed-to-hold-a-firearm... And Harvey, she supposed, reflecting on his marksmanship.

She ran over the broken ground in a swift, gliding side-step, covering their retreat with long bursts from her P90, slugs chewing through bark and turf, a rare few finding pasty, too-tough flesh.

Click to reveal..

I'm for getting to the Puddlejumper and taking off too.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dylan had only paused long enough to take a second to aim and fire. Once he was sure Ysuelt wasn't going to be dropped he kept moving. Now he holstered his pistol and brought up the P90, taking a quick glance to make sure his firing line was clear he let loose a volley in the direction of the wraith to slow down their pursuit. All they had to do was make it in the ship.

Click to reveal..
I say run for it, creepy bugs are bad enough, PCP aliens are bad enough, who wants to fight both?!

Goro and Tara were just as eager to flee the arriving Wraith. They had their bugs; mission accomplished – time to GTFH, as the Marines would say. Everyone dashed into the puddlejumper as Miller started pre-flight. It was a short pre-flight as he didn’t relish fighting the Wraith any more than they did – though he did send a missile into the bushes on the principle of why the hell not?

The ramp swung up as the cloaking device took them out of sight of the Wraith. “Hold on!” Miller shouted as the ship shot more or less straight up. No one in the compartment felt the pressure of their sudden shift in position and velocity, but the screen still showed the situation in stomach-wrenching clarity. The occasional percussion against the ship that signaled that the Wraith were still shooting at them still made them jump, even if they knew it was safe. Goro didn’t wait for them to finish rising before he was kneeling next to Bates, cutting open his pants and engaging in medical care.

Then the screen bleed to purple and then black with white stars, and everyone started looking for the darts. But the ships weren’t here and Miller relaxed a little more. “We’ll be home soon,” he promised, giving them a brief grin before turning back to the shield. If he took a little more time lining up the journey back through the wormhole, no one said anything about it. This was the gate that had caught up Sheppard and the others and the entire experience had taught the pilots to be a lot more careful about the gate system.

Despite or maybe because of the extra caution, they arrived back at Atlantis. The medical team swarmed in to make sure that Bates was cared for, as well as tending to Yseult’s more minor injury. Weir hovered over the team until she was assured everyone would recover; then she ordered, “Debriefing will be tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. Everyone get some rest and we’ll reconvene then.”

The debriefing the next morning was as entertaining as one might expect with this bunch. Major Sheppard’s attendance promised to make it even more interesting, though he said little. Bates went first, propped up on his chair and still looking a bit pale. He laid out the basic facts, embellishing nothing. He didn’t even dwell on Tara’s ‘friendly’ wounding, merely treating it as another event that had happened. When he was done, Weir asked, “Anyone have anything they’d like to add?”

Click to reveal..
I'm leaving this open for RP reasons but the episode is effectively done. If you want to add more, I'll reply as approriate; otherwise, no worries.

Again, I'm not awarding xp until I hear from all players about whether you're ok with monthly awards. Then I'll be dishing some out belatedly for September and getting on a regular schedule in November.

As Bates debriefed Dylan had a laptop in front of him, still going over the results his team had found the previous day. When Weir opened up the floor he looked up at her and Sheppard.

"That is the second time the wraith have appeared with no apparent use of the Stargate and this time with no air support. I think there may be one of those hive ships on the planet. If we have any short term plans to attack one of them we may want to sweep the planet a couple times in a cloaked jumper."

That said he want back to his screen.

"The hive ship that was on that planet has left," Weir told the room. "Maj. Sheppard's team determined that last time they were there. We believe any Wraith left are stragglers, abandoned by the Hive. The Science Division is currently evaluating whether we should send several teams to hunt them.

"Any further comments?"

Goro leaned forward, "I'd like to ask that people stop getting shot. It's a real pain in the ass to keep stitching you people together." The surgeon sounded gruff but the wry smile on his face was unmistakable. "Other than that I think I'd like to ask, more seriously, that missions of that nature, that is inherently combative, be assigned to those teams comprised of more members with combat experience. It's bad enough without friendly fire issues, and it was pretty clear from the onset that that mission would require sure hands on weapons."

Archived