Adventure! RPG - Adventure! Trial by Fire Developer Chat

Matt

trialbyfire.gif

The following is an excerpt from an interview (June 2002) with the Developer for the upcoming EON E-book Adventure!: Trial by Fire

Trial by Fire Developer: 'Slagheap'

Interviewer: 'Breearg'

Breearg: So, what kind of stuff you guys putting in TbF?

Slagheap: Mainly it is intended to be a setting update for WW2. So we'll update the organizations and character bios, as well as adding more and detailing Inspired on both sides of the war

Breearg: cool--how much stuff do you have done already? Are you going to talk about the events surrounding Crackshot's betrayal and death?

Slagheap: The first round of writing assignments is out and should be coming in with in the next couple of weeks (suuurrrre they will) and yes we will touch upon Crackshot's death

Slagheap: In fact I think it's being covered with he opening fiction

Breearg: schweet

Breearg: mmmm, and then described inside the book proper?

Breearg: When you say update character bios--does that include the Traits part? Are there new knacks?

Slagheap: A little, we did a little homework and realized that Crackshot is dead before WW2 even starts, so we don't really plan to spend much time on it

Breearg: Well, she dies shortly before World War II

Slagheap: There will be new knacks. We haven't decided if we are including traits for the bios, but I wouldn't hold my breath

Slagheap: Yeah

Slagheap: For now I'm letting Defender have free reign with that subject, so I'm not even sure what is planned

Breearg: You mean on Knacks?

Breearg: ::erases next question about whether their will be knacks that suggest the increasing power of certain Inspired--ie: Divis Mal::

Slagheap: No actually Joseph is working on that right now. I've seen the descriptions for them, but most of the mechanics have yet to be written

Breearg: so--do they touch a higher power level?

Slagheap: Not really, we're staying with only three levels, but most of the new ones are at least level 2

Breearg: hmm

Slagheap: Though some do take their...forgive the pun, inspiration from Aberrant and Psion powers

Breearg: heh

Breearg: cool

Breearg: Aberrant powers... like... QUANTUM INFERNO, hehehe

Slagheap: Well...not quite that powerful

Slagheap: But cool all the same

Breearg: hehehe

Breearg: Like? Hehehe ::fishing for the inside dope::

Slagheap: well I don't want to give too much away, but we are trying to even things out for the Mesmerists, they're getting some pretty cool new powers

Breearg: k

Breearg: Can you give an example or two of some new knacks, or at least their names?

Slagheap: Well I don't suppose a little hint would hurt

Slagheap: Mesmerists are getting some new knacks like Preemptive Strike and Mirage while Stalwarts are getting knacks like Borrowed Essence and everybody's favorite the Daredevil gets clever new knacks like Spit and Bailing Wire

Breearg: Spit... sounds, interesting, heh

Slagheap: Any other TbF related questions?

Breearg: hmmm

Breearg: Do you have a timeline of events?

Slagheap: Actually we do...which is to say we will

Breearg: Are any important historical figures Inspired, Mengelei springs to mind as a possible "mad scientist" (for example)

Slagheap: Well, actually we decided to shy away from making many actual historical figures Inspired, but you could see a few

Breearg: I assumed that would be the case, generally people avoid that. So, could you give some hints at some Inspired figures on either side of the conflict?

Slagheap: It's still a little too early in the game to start naming names

Breearg: As in you don't want to give them away, or you don't have them yet. If you don't want to give them away could you simply make a suggestion as to the role of one person on each side?

Slagheap: Well we're planning on showcasing "super soldier" types on either side, and the war just wouldn't be a war without at least one Psychic Intelligence officer

Breearg: Will Captain America be making an appearance? :-) (little questionnaire humor there, hehehe)

Slagheap: Well no, but you might see some fellows of similar inclination and occupation.

• 6 years later...

Archived