Short absence

Joani

Hello folks,

yesterday I blacked out at work. I'm having issues with my ears (inner ear). Every human has a 3D-Aparatus in his inner ear to help him keep balance. There are little "stones" that help maintain your balance and perceive things in the 3rd Dimension. Something is wrong with that in my case. The room keeps spinning and I can't walk on a straight line like a drunk.

Obviously that keeps me from working and also from posting (long periods at the computer are very tiring and exhaust me quickly since my brain is constantly trying to recalibrate).

I hope the medication kicks in soon but until then I have to keep a low profile and stay in bed (or on my couch). If I feel well enough I will log in using my netbook but I can't promise anything.

We keep in touch,

yours

Joani

I had something like this not long ago. Took 3 rounds of antibiotics but they finally found one that knocked out the ear infection that was causing it. Spent nearly a month with dizziness, got so bad at one point that I threw up just from standing. First time I'd thrown up since I was 13 years old. I really really hate throwing up.

thank you guys - My condition is unfortunately not improving much. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow again. It will probably take a month for me too with dizziness and all. I'll try to post as much as I can, though.

Update

First the good news - the damage is not permanent and the balance-organ in my inner ear has recuparated.

It will still take me about 10 days to stop feeling dizzy, though. Currently my brain is still trying to adjust and overcompensates for the loss of balance last week - now it's doing too much. It sounds funny but I need to recalibrate until I feel normal again. At least I'm improving and that's a good thing.

Once I feel better (less trouble concentrating on stuff and less headaches) I'll be able to go back to posting regularly.

Thanks for the kind words all of you!

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

First of all - I'm back and actually at work again.

Concerning my sudden absence - I was in (at?)the hospital for the last week because unfortunately things got really worse in a short time. I now know how someone must feel like who's victim of a spatial manipulator who decided to screw with your sense of balance. Spinning rooms, permanent nausea, inability to walk straight or read something without the constant feeling of falling over.

Right now I'm doing ok - I have the occasional "attack" which results in short disorientation and the need to sit down but aside from that I'm ok.

I had no access to the internet - not even my smartphone was able to connect - but even if I did I couldn't have posted anything since I was feeling really really sick.

Anyway - I hope this was an one time experience because going through that again would really suck. Thank you for your patience, I'm going to catch up on what I've missed during the last week/days.

Thanks Chosen,

I actually am this time. The "fallback" was caused because of a second infection (very bad timing) in my middle ear which made all the mending progress void at that time. From one day to the next things were as worse as the first day (including blacking out and such uncomfortable things).

I never ever would wish someone to suffer from this kind of condition, I had no idea how important the certainty of knowing up and down, left and right or fast and slow is. That was all completely skewed for me and made living a nightmare. I still owe the Docs an MRT-Scan of my head which will be done in June/July - hopefully it won't show anything unwanted :fingers crossed:

Archived