Aberrant RPG - New Mega Enhancements (Axiom/ Hardness/Figurative)

El'Jinn Uu

I had this just ploding around in my head today, and I would have submitted this with all of the Other enhancements, but I found the Submision link didn't work.

I've not posted an enhancement before and you may critique' it as you like.

Axiom

"Here I am... No wait, Here I am... No, wait... Having a hard time of this are you?"

Description: There is no doubt that novas can surpass baselines in all that they are and in time homo-novues will exceed even themselves as they develope higher levels of Quantum conscienceness. Novas with Axiom may begin to surpass other novas earlier on (pre QR 6) in that they can buy up their Normal Dex Attribute past 5 dots.

System: This permanent enhancement is always an active part of the nova even when somehow stripped (permanently or temporarily) of their nova powers, and allows novas to surpass their normal 'maximum' dexterity (as dictated by their quantum Rating) by +1 dot per point of Mega-Dex, up to a maximum of +5 dots.

Moreover, novas at this stage always reroll 10's, no longer needing to fulfill a given quality. Additionally, should the novas player be in compliance with said quality during play, any natural 10's may automatically be considered as two successes, should the player wish to forgo a reroll.

This Enhancement stacks with those dots in Dex that the nova would naturally be in line to buy for each dot of QR over 5, but are paid for separately. Meaning the nova is able to increase their DEX from 5 [•••••] to 6 [••••••] at normal costs to do so, while a nova also having a Mega Dex ••• and the Axiom enhancement, who has already paid for +3 dex above five (presently putting Him at 8 Dex), would still be able to purchase an additional dot in Dex as per normal, bumping his total normal Dex to 9. This new dot is paid for at normal cost as if they are paying for it for the first time (IE: 20 EP to go from 5 to 6 dots) even though it stacks with those dots gained from the Axiom Enhance. Thus the Axiom Enhancement allows the normal 10 Max to be exceeded to an "Absolute Maximum" of 15 normal Dex Dice and 10 Mega Dex.

Limitation: This enhance is only fully viable for true dex based skills. Any cross ability skills which may benifit from a [dextrity + cross ability skill] only see half the bonuse die applied, round down, to a minimum of zero die. This would apply to such instances as when a player is asked to roll 'Dex + Computer' to show that they are understress to type fast.

Hardness (M•STA)

"Pfff, that attack didn't even scratch me!"

Prerquisite: M STA •••+, Hardness Enhancement.

Description: The nova is so tough that weak attacks are nearly completely shrugged off. Knives may simply fail to penetrate, bullets bounce off skin, and high speed impacts may see the vehical ending up more damaged than the nova. All this and yet the novas skin remains just as flexable (at either or both the ST & Players behest) as it was prior to taking this enhancement.

System: Kinetic Attacks doing less than the Novas [M•STA Soak/2] in raw total potential damage do not get to roll for any damage. Taking a second level in this enhancement allows the nova to resist attacks doing equal to or less than [M•STA Soak -1] raw damage in the same manor.

Cost:This enhancement has no cost and is always active when in a non-dormed state.

Figurative (CHA)

"Now do you get where I am coming from?"

Description: Novas often see, here, feel or in some other way, perceive the world and events in it on a level that can Not be fully communicated to others (especially Baselines) without causing confusion or leaving out what sometimes may feel like "the fullness of the picture" from their speech. Those with Mega Intelligence may suffer in this way in finding it hard at times to convey to others their ideas, while Mega Manipulative orators may wish, but find it hard, to show others their uniform vision.

Then there are just some novas who are really creative and wish they could express themselves better at times.

Novas with the Figurtive Enhamcement can speak metaphores and or in the discriptive and have everyone they choose, who is present at the time, come to the same understanding. Even a lite decription will allow its' target audience to share the same world of thought regarding an idea or emotion.

System:The nova spends a variable amount of quantum from their pool and makes a contested Charisma roll against the targets(s) willpower using the novas [CHA] die plus [Mega CHA] auto successes. On a success the nova may decribe to the target audience anything it wishes to and as long as the phrasing is at least a little in line with the idea attempting to be expressed, said target(s) will be able to fully comprehend the novas conveyances. Should the nova be able to express themselves through mediums of communication Other than speech, as is the case of the Mega Manipulation enhancement "Symphony of Touch"(-FP page.85). writting, or even charades, this enhancement may work through such methods at +1 Diff.

Thoses Not intended to realize the novas expressed idea may still attempt to do so, but must first make a [Percetion + Investigation] roll then another roll of [Wits + Subterfuge] both at a difficulty equal to the mega charismatic novas netted successes just to do so.

The maximum number of people affectible through the use of this power is equal to the Novas [CHA]x[Mega CHA] x [Quantum Rating] and costs 1QP per each series of ideas expressed. For every 3 QP and point of temp WP the nova may double the maximum audience allowable, and or allow for the nova to express themselves for one whole minute more.

MAXING: This enhancement may also be Maxed for 1 WP and a variable number of QP in which duration, range, successes, and or number effected may all be increased as per normal.

Range: QR yards/meters double for every dot of Mega Charisma upto the maximum range that the nova can be seen/heard/touched (depending on the method imployed).

Benefits:Anyone who gets the novas intent may ask as little or as much information as possible about the idea from the player of the nova using this power. The player questioning the player of the nova then rolls a percetion + awareness check and may receive full a understanding of whatever aspect the nova tried to convey. Artistic Novas may use this ability to give everyone in a room an idea of what they are thinking while another nova may attempt to tell a story through word, dance, or singing. Those in witness will "Just get it".

Combos: This enhancement can be used intandum with other enhancements and abilities like; (Ability) Intimidation-"Get the Point bub?", (Ability) Style-"Express yourself", (Ability)Interrogation-"Do you fear watch I see?", (Ability)Rapport-"Is this how you're feeling when I say that?", (Ability) Linguistics-"This is a R.O.C.K.! Do you understand the word Rock?", (Ability) Investigation-"I'm looking for a suspect who looks just like how I decribed him to you, have you seen him?", and any number of abilities. In all cases the Nova may spend the above costs and roll [CHA] and add in [M•CHA] auto successes to any such rolls involving decriptiveness.

For Other Mega enhancements like Mega-CHA's "Pedagogue", the Nova just rolls against the targets WP. On a success he/she/it grants +3 to such rolls and reducing (for instance) any teaching times by [M•CHA+1]. The multiples for maximum numbers of students teachable would increase by [M•CHA] as well.

I just have to ask...why?

I mean, for heaven's sake, 5 dots in Mega-Dex aren't enough bloat for your dice pools? Catching bullets in your teeth isn't superhuman enough? You want more -normal- dex too?

So yeah...wouldn't fly in any game I ran.

Well, it IS only 5 extra 'normal dice'... And you've gotta pay fer Both the EP fer the Enhancement(5EP), Then you Still gotta put up the EP fer each and every extra dot of extra Normal Dex die you want (it isn't too very free).

Now if you compair this to all of the (100+/-) 'M-DEX Enhancements' found in the Official & Net Books that grant massive Permanent and temporary Dex bonuses...

This is a deceptively Minor thing.

For instance, Despite you reaching M.DEX 10 (at which point you're Well BEYOND a god in power) your extra Bonuse Die (all normal) which you paid EP for, still only garners you a +5extra die as it caps out at 5! When compaired to the 10 Normal DEX die, The 10 Mega Die, and whatever you've got in Ability or power that you add said die too, And whatevery Other freaky auto successes you get from Other Enhancements (All of which can put you Well into the 30+ Die Range... Before auto succeses... Not to mention Die from Power maxes)...

+5 Extra die (that you paid for in allotta EP) seems quite pathetic a gain!

So why then make 'This' enhancement you ask? Varity and nothing more. The ABERRANT main book, as well as the players guide and other such books, Keeps asking US players and ST to think up New stuff on our own, and Not to be making up "another 133'd Vanilla form of Quantum bolt"-Those words are spoken by the Aberrants writers themselves many a time (Just see page 97 Left hand column of the Players' Hand Guide for example of this).

But again, I don't mind that you felt the power was maybe too powerful, it's just that instead of saying "I don't like it cuz it makes me feel funny", or it's "too powerful", I'd like to see/read back some constructive critisisum (however you speel that... critisizum? wha ev'arh).

You know, like, "HEY El'jin, hows about you try This" or "Maybe This idea would be better".

Frankly my first gripe with the power as written is that it is way too windy and long written.

Anywho, I've just been told that the main house owner (my land lord) lost all of her income and is shutting off the internet, cable, and phone and that this will likely be the last time I get to chat here on Nprime fer a while (I hope not too very long).

And it's funny to cuz, this is the first time that i've felt like I had the freedom in months to type anything out on any forum... And I chose Nprime cuz I like Aberrant... That And I'm trying to learn the system better.

Well, when next I see yawl...

(Unless i can get 5 more minutes tomarrow before thet land lord shuts me down) By fer now; SamonMax, Fox, Titan, Skylion, Dave, Dawn, Rev, and all the rest a yah kewl cats later.

• 4 weeks later...

Elite Nature (Any Mega-Att)

"Because I'm just that good son! I'm just that good."

Novas exist in a world of super perfection. Where as most mundane baseline activities would still require some difficulty from a normal human many amoung 'homo-saipien novus' regard those skills that exist at the much more difficult end of baseline capacity as being just as trivial and trite as childsplay. Many novas do not require a roll.

System: The nova spends a variable number of QP and reduces the dice 'Target Number' of 7. Every QP spent reduces the target number for all die of a single action by one, to a maximum reduction equal to the novas applicable Mega-Die (Chosen when this enhancement is first purchased). Via the usage of this enhancement a target number of a given and paid for action may be reduced to no lower than zero, at which point the nova is nearly guaranteed to succeed unless all ones are rolled. Should the player roll all ones, normally a botch, the player then rerolls all dice. Should any come up as a one, the nova will have failed but not botched the roll. Should two novas both have and use this enhancement at the same time and both be of equal strength, tie goes to defender.

This should be a level one power tied to and rolled by quantum. That aside, I don't think that buying this with Mega-Dex should allow you to be super-good at computers. So if it is hooked to a Mega-Att, it should only qualify on those things that relate to that stat, such as Athletics and Firearms to dexterity.

Grammar nitpick - you don't need the comma between 'just' and 'that'.

EXTRAS: Projectile Claws

"No you have Not escaped the range of my leathle touch"

This extra allows the nova to fire off their claws with violent force at a target. Player spends one QP per claw fired off and rolls [Dex+Firearms] at a range equal to [QP+PR]x10 meters. Each claw fired off in this way does [QRx2] base damage plus [Power rating x2] dice of damage. Claws regenerate one turn after being shot off and, as long as the Claw powers duration has not been exceeded, they recover at no cost to the nova.

EXTRAS: Drill Claws

"Saying that you are screwed is an understatement"

The novas claws twist and contort into ripping and tearring spinning blades of leathle death. Whenever the nova has engaged another target in a succesful clinching manuver, or the target is otherwise restrained or immobile, The nova may spend quantum and add additional damage die upto their [Claw power x 2] additional die to their claw based attacks as their claws begin to bore holes into their victim. Since the target is considered immobile the nova gains an additional +5 auto success to their initial strike roll. Once a succesful stike has penetrated the target and done at least 'one' HL of damage, they continue to do full damage after soak without need of additional stirke attack roll. Additional damage die persist for the duration of the main claw ability and only need to be re-upped should the nova drop their claw power. As these drilling claws are likely invoking heavy damage to the target each round, the target must roll vs. pain or take a +1difficulty to rolls made, in addition to any other existing difficulties. Further more as the drills bore deeper itno a target they add +1 to the base difficulty of escaping the clinch per health level inflicted.

EXTRAS: Protean Claws

"Now I am ready for you"

The novas claws may be altered at will simply by the expenditure of one quantum. The nova may change the shape of their claws so as to match whatever needs they may need them for, from altering their shape into basic and simple single peice tools like screw drivers, to large sword like blades so as to fasilitate the using of the 'melee ability'. In all cases the player must roll [Man + PR] to make the changes.

•Base difficulty allows for simple tools such as; butter knives, saws, screw drivers, and hammers. Each additional +1 to the difficulty of the roll may add +1 to any appliceble roll, upto a maximum difficult equal to the power rating.

Example: At +1 Difficulty Moderately complex, yet still single peice tools, can be made that would add a +1 to a skill or +1 to claw damage. Example; Ultra sharp blades (+1Pen), Serrated blades (+1 Damage die), Climbing claws (+1 To said ability), etc.

•Each Dot in the power allows for the claws to double in length.

Danka fer the grammer and advice, I will get right on fixxing that up. I should note that I did not want this as a 'power' since that would allow for players to add extras, such as Reduced cost, Increased Duration, and Mastery to it.

I tend to notice that Enhancements are (Thankfully) limited in that way. As to your other suggestions, I agree shall alter the ability to correct.

I will also reduce it's abilities so that it no longer works while dormed down.

Thank you for showing me these mistakes.

smile

FYI-Many of these need some work, as I am very distracted while writting them...

Cute 5yr old daughters do that to you :P

Originally Posted By: El'Jinn Uu

This already exists, simply apply the kinetic discharge extra to the nova's own claws. The damage is out of whack too.

Quote:
EXTRAS: Drill Claws
"Saying that you are screwed is an understatement"

Simply call your claws 'drills' and leave them at that. There's no need to make an extra for this. If they really want tearing, spinning blades or lethal death, buy Agg.

Overall this is a waste of XP.

Quote:
EXTRAS: Protean Claws
"Now I am ready for you"

If you want to use the melee ability instead of the Brawl or MA ability with your claws, than simply just declare your claws to be a 'quantum sword' of some sort and state that this use of the power applies to the PCs melee rolls, not hand-to-hand.

The tools thing has some merit, but weapons and elongated claws thing just seems dumb to me.

By and large these seem to have more of a middle school appeal to them, but if they work for you, have at it and have fun with it.

Originally Posted By: Dave ST

This already exists, simply apply the kinetic discharge extra to the nova's own claws. The damage is out of whack too.
I agree with you that this damage is too high, but IIRC the Kinetic extra is fairly weak, only adding [PR] to the projectile.

It's supposed to be weak. You're launching claws, quills, finger nail clippings, boogers, what have you at your enemy, not Quantum Lightning or bolts of Hellfire.

Keep in mind that if you're launching your claws a la 'Wasp Talons' (Level 4 Black Fury Gift from WW:tA) then you are effectively applying your claws' power rating twice to the attack. Apply Accuracy to this and you easily have a 22 dice damage pool.

Strike is STR+2 + PR + KD + Attack Successes.

So let's work with Max stats...

7+5+5+5 = 22.

Average Q1 Nova with the above Projectile Claws and Claws 5...

[Qx2]=2 [PRx3]=15. 15+2=17.

Now add in the 5 Success cap for an attack roll and you get a damage pool 22.

The pay out really isn't worth it, even at higher quantum scores. If the opponents soak is so high that 20-30+ damage pools won't do anything to them, I'm switching to a Supercharged Bashing Q-Bolt and capitalizing on higher damage pool that power offers.

Over all I just don't see the pay out Projo Claws provides.

Elite Nature (Any Mega-Att)
"Because I'm just that good son! I'm just, that good."

Most White Wolf games possess a rule when it comes to lowering target numbers. That rule, although unspoken in Aberrant, is usually maxed at 4. Sidereal Exalted, who make novas look like infants in terms of power, control the threads of Fate itself and are only able to lower a TN to no lower than 4.

Although like most of your 'Enhancements' which seem more like compact Level 1 and Level 2 powers, this one might actually work in certain games. I'd restrict it to lowering a TN to no lower than 4, however.

There's actually no precedent for lowering Target Numbers in Aberrant anywhere, and adding in such a mechanic seriously changes the way many dice rolls work. Off the top of my head, Mega-dice just became a hell of lot more useful - even if the target number has only been reduced by 1.

Also, the rules for botching presented towards the end need to be elaborated on. I gather that they're specific to situations where the TN has been reduced to '0' (which should be an auto-success anyway...), but even so that should be stated more clearly, along with what happens if they don't roll a one on the re-roll and what happens if they fail or botch rolls when the TN is 1 or higher.

Personally, I would suggest that this enhancment would have to be purchased for each Ability that the nova is "elite" in, and not all Abilities that might apply to a given Attribute. And it should not, under any circumstance, lower the TN for Power rolls. Further, I would say that it should only lower the Target Number for regular dice, not for mega-dice. Lastly, I would agree with Dave that a TN of 4 should be the lowest allowed.

If the ST and/or Players feel this is too weak for their game (I don't know why they would, though), then consider allowing 'unused mega-dice' (i.e. if a nova has a Mega-rating of 4 or higher then, under the rules of the original submission, they could lower TN down to a 3, but if the limit is a TN of 4 then one mega-die is 'unused' for the purposes of this enhancement) to be applied against any 1's that are rolled, up to the limit of unused mega-dice. So a nova with Mega-Dexterity 4 and Elite Nature (Firearms) could pay 3QP to lower their TN down to a 4, and - should they roll no successes and a single 1 - they could also pay an additional QP to negate that 1, thus turning what would have been a botch into a simple failure.

Originally Posted By: Guo Zhenglai
Also, the rules for botching presented towards the end need to be elaborated on.

I was considering touching base on that point, but the rules he gave for botching aren't even close to accurate so I just pressed on.

Axiom: This should not be usable when 'Dormed. As stated in the Enhancement's System description, the extra dots gained through this enhancement go above and beyond those purchasable by novas with Q6+, and as such they represent 'powers' in effect. Just as novas do not retain their passive Body Modifications or passive enhancements (such as Adaptability or Resilience) when 'Dormed, neither should they retain extra dots of Dexterity gained by this enhancement.

Aside from that, this enhancement does allow for a serious shifting of combat advantages from what is currently in place in core Aberrant - specifically, Multiple Actions just became that much more valuable - but otherwise I see nothing too terribly broken about it. I don't think it would ever fly as part of a published, canonical Aberrant supplement (not that there will ever another of those), but for experienced (or just brave) STs who are willing to run action- and dice-heavy combats, Axiom shouldn't present all that many problems.

Hardness: I'm unclear on what this enhancement is doing that the Puny Human optional rules don't already do - for free - and for all soak, not just M.Stam soak. The second level of the enhancement might have some conceivable use, but to my mind it would only really just make it more difficult to calculate how much soak is applicable towards the Puny Human rule (i.e. all other soak is simply divided by two but now M.Stam soak is treated as ([Rating]-1)).

Projectile Claws: Too powerful.

Drill Claws: This idea has merit, but as of right now the rules are needlessly complex, and in some cases too powerful. The rules involving the auto-successes 'because the opponent is immobile' should be removed. Instead, state that the 'Drill Claws' can only be used after successfully grappling an opponent, or against an opponent who is already Immobile. The game already contains rules for Grappling, and I have no idea why an ST would even require a proper Attack roll against a fully Immobile opponent.

In the case of a Grapple, simply state that now the Claws damage dice can be added to the nova's Grapple attacks (which they normally would not be), and in the case of Immobile opponents - it's a free attack, handled as normal.

The bit about the nova being able to add up to [Rating x2] extra dice of damage per QP spent should be treated as another Extra in and of itself, IMO.

Once the nova has inflicted an HL of damage upon her target with her 'Drill Claws', succeeding attacks with the 'Drill Claws' should inflict [Rating x2] dice of damage, without adding in base damage from Strength and the like (after all, the damage is being caused by the spinning 'drills' on the nova's fingers, not by their raw physical strength).

Protean Claws: This would, IMO, be better handled as a Level 2 Shape Shifting power (Shape Shifting: Limited: only to hands).

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted By: Kazuo
Axiom: This should not be usable when 'Dormed. As stated in the Enhancement's System description, the extra dots gained through this enhancement go above and beyond those purchasable by novas with Q6+, and as such they represent 'powers' in effect. Just as novas do not retain their passive Body Modifications or passive enhancements (such as Adaptability or Resilience) when 'Dormed, neither should they retain extra dots of Dexterity gained by this enhancement.
Agreed and Modified

Hardness: I'm unclear on what this enhancement is doing that the Puny Human optional rules don't already do - for free - and for all soak, not just M.Stam soak. The second level of the enhancement might have some conceivable use, but to my mind it would only really just make it more difficult to calculate how much soak is applicable towards the Puny Human rule (i.e. all other soak is simply divided by two but now M.Stam soak is treated as ([Rating]-1)).
Correct, it is in fact the Puny Human rules, however they may Now be applied to resisting attacks leveled by anyone and Not just puny-humans.
This may not seem powerful, but then again it is not intended to be. The enhancement exists for those who wish to maybe flush out a given idea for a character and Less so for out and out power. I like power and all but I have never felt that every game or enhancement Need be such. Some ST's may wish simply to have Lower yeild powers and enhancements available to them for their Lower power games.

Projectile Claws: Too powerful.
AGREED!!! adn Corrected.
What was I thinking??? I tell you what I was thinking, I'd momentarily forgotten that Claws was a level 1 power and Not a level 2 power. See, if you gave This enhancement to a L2 power, it would make sence since you'd have Just converted Claws into a class 3 power, and so such a damage level would be equal to the L2 Q-Bolt ability... Thus it would make sence. BUT, this is NOT a level 2 power, claws is L1 to begin with and Thus, this ends up giving you the power of Both a Kinetic based Q-Bolt AND the Maintanace based Claws ability in one...
Too powerful.

Drill Claws: This idea has merit, but as of right now the rules are needlessly complex, and in some cases too powerful. The rules involving the auto-successes 'because the opponent is immobile' should be removed. Instead, state that the 'Drill Claws' can only be used after successfully grappling an opponent, or against an opponent who is already Immobile. The game already contains rules for Grappling, and I have no idea why an ST would even require a proper Attack roll against a fully Immobile opponent.

In the case of a Grapple, simply state that now the Claws damage dice can be added to the nova's Grapple attacks (which they normally would not be), and in the case of Immobile opponents - it's a free attack, handled as normal.

The bit about the nova being able to add up to [Rating x2] extra dice of damage per QP spent should be treated as another Extra in and of itself, IMO.

Once the nova has inflicted an HL of damage upon her target with her 'Drill Claws', succeeding attacks with the 'Drill Claws' should inflict [Rating x2] dice of damage, without adding in base damage from Strength and the like (after all, the damage is being caused by the spinning 'drills' on the nova's fingers, not by their raw physical strength).
I will work on it toning down the text abit when I get a chance.

Protean Claws: This would, IMO, be better handled as a Level 2 Shape Shifting power (Shape Shifting: Limited: only to hands).
This is correct to a point.
If you were to make such a limitation may very likely drop end up dropping Shapeshifting down to as far as a level one version of Claws, but which is Much more expensive to use (3QP) and which has a Higher Q-Min since one does Not loose the Q-Min & QP [Quantum Pool] costs associated to a level dropped power. This is a good thing too as it is pretty easy to (in a short time) take that Limited power and get the ST to let you 'Expand' the Limited Shapeshifting-claw power into the Full on Shapeshifting power... By maintaing the QP cost and the Need to still buy up a 5QR (the Q-Minimum for buying shapeshift) you are at Least gimping this a little so that Your new 'modified' and lessened SS-claw power is about equal to Normally buying claws... This remains true Even IF SS is only dropped down to a Level 2 power.

As is, taking 'Protean Claws' as an extra instead means that Claws becomes a lvl2 (minimum) power but which costs 2QP and has a Lower Q-Min.
While the Shape-shift option is a fine option, If one already possesses Claws and or does Not wish to buy a separate power (shape-shifting) at ground 0-zero and pay up for getting it up to the level of their 'Claws power', Or they are just starting out the game and don't wish to spend 10+NP [Nova Points] to pump up their Q-Rating, than that is what This enhancement is for.
In the end it is about the direction you wish to take with you characters.

Originally Posted By: BlueNinja
...the Kinetic extra is fairly weak, only adding [PR] to the projectile.
True but where it gets interesting is 1) It stacks; 2) It can have other extras; 3) It has a set q-cost per use; 4) It can be used multiple times in combo with Quick.

What it lacks in raw power it makes up for in flexibility.

Claws+K+AP means a mega-strength guy can add AP to his thrown objects.
Claws+K+Agg means a Quick speed guy can have a poor man's disintegration at Q1.
Claws+K+Area means the claw damage can hose groups of baselines (who don't soak lethal damage).

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Out of curiosity, how could Claws (a power that requires physical contact so to speak) have Area extra added. That doesn't make sense to me, although I am willing to be enlightened.
Since we're talking about Claws+K+Area we're dealing with something that could get added to bullets and thrown weapons. So when your bullet hits it also explodes... sort of like what Gambit does but on a larger scale. Every gun you pick up can be a grenade launcher.

This is less nasty than it sounds because it's only the Claw damage that becomes Area. On the other hand you're also only paying one quantum point to use this so it's pretty cheap. Especially since it's available at Q1.

Homing might be a better choice. You could shoot people around obstacles and the like. Lots of these effects are more "for the theme" rather than "for the power".

At first when I heard AOE+Claws, I was trying to figure out just what you ment... Then I thought "Oh, you mean like in prototype! Right".

Personally when I thought of prototype I thought

prototype_042508_7263.jpg?t=1278039264.j the tentical devastator... But with claws since you have ta Add the Range extra to Claws as well in order to get the ground spike effect.

Claws + AOE + Range... (Range rocks!!!)

An option I had on one character was MIRV & Range... Each finger can hit targets at excessive range and target the same person in differant locals(Spike to hand, Face, Shoulder, Knee...etc) OR you could hit more than one person at a time. All are not so powerful but, up against most baselines it can kill.

Archived