Aberrant: StarGate Atlantis - [SFP#1] Saying Goodbye Is So Not Hard To Do [Fin]

Sgt. Yseult Moreau

One Month.

It had been one month since she signed the NDA and found out aliens came from further away than Mexico and Somalia, that spaceships and transporters (near enough) were in fact, real. And so were the dangers that existed beyond the stars.

Yseult’s only regret was that she hadn’t had the chance to be involved in the StarGate program earlier. Despite the obvious dangers, both revealed and alluded to, the Atlantis Expedition still sounded a hell of a lot more interesting - thrilling - than hunting insurgents in Afghanistan, body-guarding high-ups in potentially hostile countries, and more or less cleaning up all the shit politicians spread all over the place, intentional or not.

At least in the Pegasus Galaxy, it would be their own shit they had to worry about.

She’d been given a month to acclimatize herself to the rigors of Gate travel and dealing with other planetary environments. That really hadn’t been difficult. Most places on the other side of the Stargate – from what she had seen on her half dozen trips – were pretty much indistinguishable from British Columbia. Admittedly, BC has a wide range of terrain, but she had done a large amount of her training there, so was quite at ease.

Having to babysit the civilians and know-it-all scientists was going to be more of a bitch, though she was willing to accept it for the chance to be on the Atlantis Expedition. It was a thrill she couldn’t pass up. Though the squints poking at her in Antarctica, studying the ATA gene, had almost made her reconsider, or at least consider pounding some heads.

The month had flown by quickly and tomorrow they planned on dialling up Gate for the Pegasus Galaxy. Despite everyone on the Expedition devoted to seeing it through, when they realized that this was really going to happen, many of them suffered a bout of trepidation. They were going to another galaxy, with no knowing when they would be able to come back, to see friends and loved ones again, if ever. They spent their last day with them if they could, in person or on the phone, or in solitary reflection.

Yseult faced the prospect with a fierce grin. She had no friends that didn’t understand that her job rendered her incommunicado at times, and lovers rarely lasted more than a night, by her own preference. No family to worry about, only a mother she couldn’t stand and hadn’t spoken to in over five years and a husband she didn’t want and was content to never see again - unless it was with the divorce papers signed.

All she needed for a send off was a good meal – MREs still couldn’t get something approximating a good burger – and a good fuck. Dressed in a tight pair of jeans and a button-down shirt tied off beneath her breasts, Yseult nabbed a SUV from the motor pool and headed off to the bar one of the SGC personnel had mentioned, the Kiki Nass.

She stepped into the bar, grinning as she saw heads turn her way. Her icy blue eyes ran over the women she saw musingly, but quickly passed on to the men. Sure, after spending puberty almost exclusively in the presence of the same girls year after year, squirreled away at gymnastic camps with little access to boys, most of them had experimented, and she didn’t mind the occasional piece of pussy. But she much preferred cock and it was cock she was hunting tonight. Besides, though there were some nice asses and tits on display, she liked her woman with at least a bit of muscle and all she saw were twigs and cows.

She stalked smoothly up to the bar and got a draft, paying it for herself rather than letting the obvious business man with three chins buy it for her. Câlice! These Americans, they are fat. Her eyes scanned the men with a predatory glint before settling on a familiar face from Cheyenne, standing by himself with a pool stick.

“Lt. Ford, is it?” Yseult asked, then nodded at the occupied pool table. “Yseult. You’re waiting on next game?”

“We’re off-duty tonight, Yseult, call me Aiden,” he said with an engaging, boyish grin, though she judged him to be about her age. Thank God! I’m done with the young ones… Well, I might make an exception for that Lautner lad, I would totally be willing to break him. “Nah, they’re playing partners and I don’t have one.”

“You do now,” Yseult affirmed, smiling back.

“Really?” he said, eyes running quickly over her muscular curves before coming back to her eyes.

“Really.” She gave him an obvious once-over in return – athletic but not bulky - then gave him a nod. She looked over a broad shoulder and raised her voice to the curly haired man bent over the pool table, causing him to miss his shot. “Hey! We got next game!”

The man stood up glaring at her and she smirked. She recognized him. Bates. Asshole. “Sorry, this is a man’s game. Why don’t you go sit down and after I win this round, I’ll come over and buy you a drink.”

Yseult raised her eyebrows, in disbelief that he actually said that. Stifling a mocking laugh, she settled for a contemptuous snort. “Uh-huh. Well, if you see any men besides my partner here, point them out,” Yseult said, putting an arm around Aiden’s waist and gave his ass a firm squeeze. “Until then, I guess we’ll settle for you… boys. Go win your little game while I finish my beer and order a burger, then I’ll have time for you.”

“Bitch.” Yseult’s smirk just got wider and Bates turned away in a huff.

“You didn’t just do that. You should be careful around Bates, he has a bit of a temper.” Aiden’s eyes were wide, but laughter played around his mouth.

“Oh, I did. Psychological warfare, y’know? It’ll throw off his game.” Yseult chuckled then flagged a harried waitress and ordered the Nassty Burger. She sat down at the tiny table against the wall with Aiden while she waited for her food or Bates and his partner to win – or lose, but she was pretty sure she pissed him off enough to win, if the loud clacking of the balls was any indication. “So, not spending your last night with family or whatever?”

“Oh, I spent time with my mama and my folks yesterday. But I’m too keyed up to cool down on base tonight, y’know.”

“I am knowing very much. I have to blow off some steam too, so I can be ice tomorrow.”

The two of them flirted some more and managed to get a few bites of their burgers before Bates stalked over to them with a triumphant sneer. “Ready to lose, ladies?”

Yseult nonchalantly took several more bites of her burgers, munched on a few more fries, then delicately patted her lips with a napkin. Then she stood up, eyes level with Bates, and picked up the pool cue. “Ready to win. Boy.”

Yseult broke, sinking a ball on the break. And then two others before missing.

“Beginner’s luck,” Bates muttered sourly.

“Keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better.”

As the game continued, it was quickly revealed that Yseult and Bates were by far the best on their respectively teams, and were pretty evenly matched. However, Yseult had another advantage. She was a woman - and a damned attractive one - and regardless of how bitter of a man Bates was, he wasn't immune to her distractions, despite himself.

Aiden was starting to wonder what he was getting into, but then took another look at Yseult’s incredible legs and ass or caught another glance of her jutting bosom and decided he wanted to get involved. The astonishingly athletic woman’s fierce grin was infectious.

Yseult’s teasing came to a head when she was leaning over the corner pocket, flashing Bates a deep, gyrating view of her cleavage when he was lining up a shot on the 8-ball. The unavoidable distraction caused him to scratch, to his fury.

Yseult turned away with a gloating snicker, sharing a victorious high-five with Aiden when his eyes widened at something behind her. “Duck!” he cried, giving her a light shove.

With quick reflexes and fluid grace, Yseult reacted instantly, knees folding bonelessly as she dropped to the ground. She heard a frustrated roar and saw the black 8-ball zing by over her head. Her lips quirked up into a gleeful smirk. Guess I really got to him. Fun.

The 8-ball may have missed her, but didn’t miss the large guy at the other pool table. He was well over six feet, his solid bulk equal parts flab and muscled slabs. Normally, the billiard ball would have been little more than an annoyance to such a man. Unfortunately, it hit him square in the balls. Even worst, the instant pain made him toss aside his pitcher of beer, which ended up being shared with a plethora of other patrons rather directly.

With the precision of a well rehearsed movie set, the entire half of the bar was embroiled in a bar fight. Yseult laughed, then laughed even harder as she saw the expression on Aiden’s face. “Watch my back, and I’ll watch yours.”

The two of them stood back-to-back, swinging fist, stools, and pool cues with accurate abandon and fended off the like. Bates charged at her, roaring, “You fuckin’ bitch whore!” and she just snickered as she caught his wrist in her hand and flipped him painfully onto the pool table, then broke a cue across his stomach.

“I like fucking. I am undoubtedly a bitch. But I am not a whore. I never take money. You little turd of a boy.” She punctuated her remark with a fist to the balls before turning back to the brawl.

As the brawl continued, the bouncers now cautiously getting involved - there was an awful lot of military personnel in the fray, along with bikers, and other large men – Yseult felt herself getting more and more turned on, until she grabbed Aiden, pulled him close and gave him a violent kiss amidst the carnage. He stiffened at first, but soon melted under her insistent tongue. Yelling in his ear to be heard over the ruckus, Aiden nodded enthusiastically at her suggestion and the both of them headed for the back door, though Aiden did pause at their small table and dropped a few bills to pay for their beers and burgers. Yseult smiled indulgently then yanked him outside.

Minutes later, they were entering a motel room, locked in a whirlwind of gropes, fondles, and kisses as they tried to reach the bed while ripping their clothes off. That impediment out of the way, Yseult shoved the bewildered, but eager, lieutenant down on the bed, climbed on top and preceded to ride him to exhaustion.

In the pre-dawn light, Yseult stood naked, looking out the open window, bronzed skin glistening as she let herself dry after her brief shower, a lit cigarette hanging from her lip. A great fuck and now they were about to go to another galaxy. What more could you ask for? Goodbye Earth, hope you don’t drown in your own shit.

Yseult glanced over her shoulder, smiling a little as she saw Aiden beginning to stir. He had been good, vigorous after she got him over that false modesty, and didn’t mind being on the bottom, which was good, since she insisted on being on top. Deeming herself dry enough, she sat down on the edge of the bed and began looking for her clothes. With a pair of fingers, she jabbed Aiden in the ribs mercilessly, then smacked him on the ass when he grunted.

“Rise and shine, we got a small trip to take today.”

Saying Goodbye wasn’t hard at all.

Archived