Scott Pilgrim vs. The World trailer

Forge

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"An Epic of Epic Epicness"

Indeed.

(Edit: My keen eyed wife noticed Brandon Routh (Superman) among the exes. An inspired casting choice, IMO)

(Edit2: Hmmm, just noticed that MY indeed was an echo of Mike's indeed. Weak.)

• 1 month later...

Inception is still the best movie I've seen all year. But Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is the most fun.

Edgar Wright has probably spoiled me for every other, lesser, comedic director out there. There are no gags about a dog getting sodomized here. There don't need to be. Wright's control over the camera and the editing room is so sure, and so steady, that he can make you laugh just by framing a shot right. The action sequences are genuinely exciting, and the movie makes the right choice of not dumping the full insanity on us from the get-go, choosing instead to let the world gradually become more and more absurd until we're watching glowing swordfights and people exploding into Canadian change and that's all just perfectly normal.

Everyone worried about Cera as Pilgrim can relax. Cera's voice is officially Head Scott for me now, the voice I hear when I read the comics. He pulls off the perfect blend of oblivious idiocy and tough-guy swagger. More than that, there are no weak links in the cast anywhere. Everyone gives their character everything they got. The sheer love that pours off the screen is evident through and through.

I don't want to spoil the ending, except to say that everyone worried about rumors of changes can relax - yes, there are changes, and yes, you can relax. I wouldn't change a frame of this movie. I am still Edgar Wright's boy bitch for life.

We just got back from seeing it and I have to agree with Mike 100%. Except the boy bitch part... that his own thing, and I'm not here to judge.

By the end of the movie I found myself just wanting to live a world as absurd as the one that is portrayed in this film. Like Mike said though, this is, without a doubt, one the most funnest movies I've ever seen, especially if you've ever played a fighting game and tried to figure out the plot of the fighters in between battles. hey pulled off the opposite and it really worked: they placed the battles around a plot.

Excellent movie and I'll be owning the DVD, fo' sho. Treat yourself guys, go see it.

• 2 months later...

So I just got the disc of this, and Edgar Wright's produced another fully stuffed DVD/bluray.

By far the standout is "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Censor," which is a few minutes of the film with all of the naughty words overdubbed. Believe me when I say, that Edgar Wright put as much thought into the overdubs as he did into every other jokes, and the results are delicious.

There's multiple deleted scenes, some of which I thought would have worked great in the movie itself. There is the original, alternate ending here, which split fans down the middle. There is also a six minute cartoon which aired on Adult Swim and is an adaptation of the sequence in the books where Scott meets Kim Pine in high school.

Finally, it being on home video means that we can spot the blink-and-miss-it gags:

OWLxa.jpg

Archived