OUCH!

Ashnod

This morning I experienced something I have never had before: the conscious, and full, awareness of a bone breaking. I will never forget the sound of that SNAP it made as my metatarsal popped. Me being the "I can wiggle my toes, it can't be broken" girl that I am, ignored the obvious and endured a few hours of icing it before giving in and going to the emergency room. But part of me knew the whole time.

So...anyone else ever break anything and hear it going? Or break anything and understand that it was even though you didn't have proof?

PS

OUCHIE! frown

4-6 weeks at least, and I've got one of those big moon-boot things. I'm thankful they didn't shackle me with a plaster one. This one I'm allowed to take off if I want to wash my leg/foot, so I'm not going to have to deal with the stinky/scaly stuff that I remember my friends dealing with in school.

O.o

Oh damage.

You have my sympathies. (I have had a Broke L Pinkie [6 weeks], Major Hairline Right hand [4 weeks])

I know of casts. Best thing that saved me was having these long handled spoons I usually used for malts and floats. The hantle got between the arm and the cast and the scratching was heavenly. ^.^

Painful feet are a nightmare. Bloody awkward and hindering as hell. I've suffered from extremely infected ingrown toenails and a number of soft tissue injuries in my feet. Not being able to walk right, hobbling about. Damn that's frustrating.

You take care.

Sorry to hear about your foot. How did it happen? Concrete monster attack ya again?

I played a lot of ball, so I've had way too many breaks, dislocation, hyper-extensions, (and mainly) sprains. I used to go back out before the injury was fully healed, so for several years I continually had to wear a brace of some sort. I still keep air casts for most of my body in the trunk of my car, just in case something happens.

I never heard anything happen, so luckily I haven't heard the same snap you heard. My worst break was while playing basketball. I was jumping in the air to get a rebound, and someone else smacked the ball down while I was still in the air. Somehow the ball came down below me and I stepped on it, and my ankle turned and my full weight landed on it. I remember the pain and everyone running over to me. I was trying to roll off of the court and someone grabbed me and held me down. I looked down to see what had happened, and when I saw my foot I saw the bottom of my shoe and not the top. The site of it made me sick and I started throwing up and couldn't stop. That was over 10 years ago, but I am still getting nauseous as I type this. There were a lot of other injuries, gone through physical therapy for different body parts, but that is the one that really affects me mentally.

So I guess I can say I understand your pain, and you have my sympathies. Good luck on your recovery.

Details,seven broken ribs,causing damage to the lungs.I had ~30% of my right lung removed,my left arm broken in no fewer than 10 places,wrist and hand well,they were a mess...Four years ago.

I like to call it drunk drivers in SUVs are evil.There was no part of my body that wasn't damaged,including spine and head.The only plus side,is that I did not pay a dime,for any of the medical crap,and I got a free nose job,oh,and aside from minor side effects I amd full recovered from it.(Ie,back pain,loss of dextarity in my left hand,and shortness of breath-compared to what I used to have.-)

Not,so.Unethnical, not illegal.Legally speaking hospitals only have to keep records if the staff would have good a faith basies to think there was foul play,and or a health risk to other.Gun shot wounds,beatings,and the kind.In cases of dieses that aren't comutical no laws are there,but ethically records are still kept.

Archived