Age?

Hugin

Okay, a couple of things recently got my noggin to percolating so I'm asking. How old are all y'all?

Ashnod is older than I expected, Kirby younger. I know Jager is a decrepit SOB, same with someone else here. But how about the rest of you? Let's cough up some chronological ages here people (we're gamers, emotionally we're all boned.)

Quote:
Originally posted by James 'Prodigy' Meehan:
Ashnod is older than I expected, Kirby younger. I know Jager is a decrepit SOB, same with someone else here. But how about the rest of you? Let's cough up some chronological ages here people (we're gamers, emotionally we're all boned.)
How old did you think I was, hon?

Actually, when Endeavor started here, she was 18, then add +1 year for a years worth of time and a +25 years for that little trans-universal jaunt, and you get...

Endeavor is 18 years OLDER than I.

yet she still kept her youthful appearance. ^.^

endeavorreal.jpg

I hope I age well. With my luck, I'll turn grey at 30, and get liverspots at 40! >.<

I'm not sure if people want to divulge their birthdays, but if you fill out your birthday in your profile, the calendar link at the top will show your birthday as an event. My birthday is in October, but you'll have to go into the calendar to figure out how old I am (if you click on Chosen's birthday it will give you my age).

Good answer Prodigy. My old man taught me 1 thing and only 1 thing... women only age between 18 and 24. If a woman asks you how old you think she is, if you think they are under 18 them you think they are 18. And if you think they are older than 24 then say 24. You only have to guess ages between the 2, because any answer other than that will get you into trouble, regardless of what you say.

That's my my pearl for all the fellas for 2day.

On a related note, what game got you all started in rpg's?

For me it was Palladium's fantastic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangness. Waaay back before they stopped being cool.

Ah Palladium, crap system but so many memories. Entirely responsible for my vast non-d10 dice collection.

While it doesn't answer everything, the Getting to Know Each Other thread will give you some info about the other people that frequent this forum.

I started playing D&D when I was ~12. My first nights characters were R.J. Dio and H.P. Lovecraft (yeah I know, not very creative but I didn't know what the hell was going on). The game was horrible and we were all killed by dragons that were polymorphed into rats. Later that year I was fortunate enough to find some people that actually knew how to play.

Marvel Superheroes was my game of choice to run, and despite, or maybe because of, its simplicity it is still my favorite supers game. I guess that has a lot to do with me being here.

Whoops, went back and looked at my earlier stuff. I forgot the Empire of the Petal Throne game I started with. Pre-D&D stuff. Came out with Chainmail, I believe. 1976, jeesh. It was longer than I originally thought.

Original Marvel .... loved it. System was nothing to crow about, but the ideas were fun, the campaigns were fun, and it was the first game I played as an "adult".

I turn 31 just before the end of the year. I started playing when I was 13, a Swedish game pretty close to Runequest.

Some years later I bought Marvel Super Heroes RPG but never succeeded in getting anyone interested in the game. I have to say though, that every time I flip through it it looks better and better.

(I have never even seen a physical copy of BESM)

My first game was a session or two of D&D when I was ten. The guy running it moved away.

I was pretty much gameless, though I did pick up games - Marvel Super Heroes with the wacky karma point system, the TMNT RPG...

I didn't seriously get into gaming as anything more than a lark until I got frustrated with Palladium, read in their little timeline that they claimed to be The First Universal System, after GURPS... and I thought I'd give The Second Universal System a shot.

Couldn't be happier. smile Admittedly, GURPS is much like a cow - you can't digest the whole thing, you have to carve off what you want.

Since then I've branched out, with non-WoD White Wolf, GURPS, and on occasion d20. (It had better be a stellar use of d20, though.) GURPS handles crunchy stuff, Storyteller handles non-crunchy stuff, and d20 is for those times I actually want players to show up.

I am 27. My first roleplaying game was GURPS. That was about freshman year in high school. Played a couple sessions of D&D 2e, didn't like it. I stuck with GURPS until a year and a half ago or when I started playing D&D 3e and Aberrant. So that's experience with 4 (3.5 depending on your views of 2e and 3e) different roleplaying systems. I'm sure there are some here that have played a good 10 or 20 different systems. smile

My first RPG was D&D when I was about 12,13. The first one I bought was Traveller when it was little black books about a year or so later. I have fond memories of the magazine Imagine and remember when White Dwarf was a decent read. I've got and played ... Vampire, Mage, Traveller (several variations, like you couldn't guess), Cyberpunk, Paranoia, Trinity, Abberant, Warhammer FRP, Call of Cthulhu, Stormbringer and probably some others that I've forgot about. Never actually owned Shadowrun and Runequest but I have played them a lot.

• 2 months later...

Me = 37 in RL, Stonewall just celebrated his 81st birthday. Started playing with the D & D blue and red boxed set when I was 12. I run a home rules fantasy game incorporating elements of D & D and Palladium, with some story elements from the Sword of Truth and Magician Apprentice - Adept (Raymond Feist's series). Have run 1st and 2nd edition Ad&D, Palladium, Amber Diceless, Traveller, Marvel Superheroes, Champions, Call of Cthulhu 1st edition, Villians and Vigilantes, most of the WW stuff, and Feng Shui - probably others that I've forgotten, too.

Stonewall

Happy Belated Birthday, people!!!!

Let me see ... Beyond the Supenatural, Pheonix Command, Battletech, Chill, Twilight2000 (the game was alot more relevant in the early 1980's), SuperWorld, Runequest first and second edition, Traveler (1st edition plus), Aftermath (never finished a session with that one), ICE, MERP, PsiWorld, as well as several systems already mentioned here.

Exactly when did I have the time to meet a girl, much less get married and have two kids?

Hi, Jager, I don't remember exactly the year but I think a safe number would be 20 years more or less, at this time in my country we had only three games translated: D&D (the red box), Runequest and CoC, and it was very difficult (and expensive) to import U.S. games for the few English literate here.

Archived