Aberrant RPG - The ultimate Nova?

Mr Fox

Skylion, is that you?

The only comment I can make is that I don't recall Planck Scaling being able to remove taint.

,, ,,

Absolutely NOT! Mr. Fox and I were surgically separated at birth and have been our own people ever since, thankyouverymuch.

:D

I've been going thru some of the forum posts, and getting quite a few chuckles out of those alone ^,^

Thanks for the links, I'm going over the books right now and they have some really good stuff in them. I like The New Flesh a lot. I might just do that, Ask for broken builds that follow CCR, or ask to see interesting character development stories..

Don't worry about scaring me off lol. I'm really into this, even though I came into the Storyteller system rather late by all accounts. If memory serves my first game was a sabbat game in CWoD in... 2007-ish.

• 9 months later...

Welp, necro'ing is fun and this is a topic I've discussed with a friend, some ten years ago or so.

No rulebooks here, so I'll try my best from memory, try to interpret odd concepts with an Aberrant filter.

I will use some of the same thoughts El'Jinn Uu did, one page and five and a half years ago, mostly Quantum Construct.

So. Within the 30 Nova points, max 5 Quantum basic rules.

Attribs: Manipulation 5, rest unimportant

Skills: Unimportant.

Backgrounds: Attunement 5, rest unimportant.

Bonus points: Whatever 7 flaws, find some nice comfy ones. 22 points to spend.

21 bonus points on 3 Quantum, 1 point on something unimportant.

Nova points: 30.

What's the Quantum minimum on Quantum Construct? I think it's 4. We have 4. Happy.

Mega-Manipulation 5, 15 points.

Quantum Construct 3, 15 points. (Might want to spend 5 of these on Quantum, I don't have the QC rules to do the math)

Now use Quantum Construct to create a construct that can increase your Quantum Construct to 5 through Nova Proxy, as long as the construct's active.

Now use your improved Quantum Construct to create a construct that can use Quantum Manipulation (whatevs, PG, Quantum 7 or 8 requirement I think). Then have that construct raise your Quantum temporarily. Then give you better Mega-Manipulation temporarily.

Now use your improved Quantum Construct boosted by your improved Mega-Manipulation to create a construct that's better at Quantum Manipulation.

Finally, use your boosted-beyond-recognition QC and MM to create a construct that can use Planck Scaling.

???

PROFIT! And no taint.

I think he's arguing this theoretically anyway. This isn't a story of how he did it, just a build that would pwn the game/world/ST's souls. I'll note that this post is about people creating the ultimate nova - transcending the game's limits as much as possible. This would do it.

I think he's arguing this theoretically anyway. This isn't a story of how he did it, just a build that would pwn the game/world/ST's souls. I'll note that this post is about people creating the ultimate nova - transcending the game's limits as much as possible. This would do it.

Exactly, nothing playable or interesting about this character-less "character". Just an attempt to (ab)use the rules, doing the "rules as written, not as intended or as the ST interprets"-bit, to somewhere close to their limit.

I saw this thread (it was on the first page, not THAT deep necro!) and got a bit distraught that the suggestions required too many points, relaxed character creation rules or just weren't broken enough. ;)

Here is the main question: How long in game time would this construct inflation take to reach it's critical mass, and how long would you have with that construct?

No rulebooks, so...hopefully long enough? :)

The goal is to inflate until you reach powers that permanently boost you. If that IS possible, even a tiny bit of permanent improvement, then (if you run out of time/QP) you can start over again, from a beter startpoint. Eventually, you'll reach Planck Scaling and Apotheosis.

Of course, if durations/QP run out before you hit any permanent benefits, the build just won't work. Making it slightly more useless than I thought it was.

Archived