Lazy Days...

Sakurako Hino

Man, I'm finding it difficult to start anything lately of any value. Anyone else having just a slow summer? I think my problem is nt really focussing on one thing that I'm doing ATM, but I think also a seeming lack of energy is also behind this...

So, I'm just checking if this is one of those "lazy summers" or if I'm just having a moody spell...

>.<

It just bites the heck outta me I can't do diddly... I get so darned close to doing something, then I just push it asaide thinking "oh, I can get it done tomorrow..." next thing I know, it's 5 days later... >.<;

I don't know... I must be having one of my brooding moody spells or something.. I can bet you dollars to donuts that I'll feel better and move with more gusto as things cool down, and fall rolls in. I seem to like things at or slightly below "room temperature".

I'm still here, I just haven't felt particularly inspired by Aberrant lately. I still lurk through here, but haven't felt the need to post anything. I almost posted once as Apep, but decided against it because I would have just been being mean.

Oddly enough, I'm in a creative upswing at the moment. I just finished an entire screenplay, that will never be published because it has the niggling copyright issue of being a Captain America movie. smile

I still fiddle around with novels I have on tap or concepts in my brain. Ironically enough, the one creative thing I *can't* do at the moment is come up with a new character for any game I want to join. :P

Hmm, let's see what's on my brain?

I'm currently Secretary of my Uni's SciFi/Fantasy club, tomorrow I talk to that very club on the subject of fandom (from a mildly academic perspective), I'm getting stuck into planning for a Mage: The Ascension game for next semester, I'm getting fired up thanks to Nobilis (another new RPG about playing gods - with no dice...)...

I'm not as stretched thin as I was earlier in the year, but I've still got a bit on my plate. Also, I s'pose, Aberrant's not inspiring me all that much recently. Adventure!'s doing better, but not by much...

I had one of the busiest times in my recent memory work wise recently. And while I am not up to Dr. Toll's level of home busy I am refinancing my home & have a wife + two young childrent who are demanding lots of time ... not that I really mind one bit.

Creatively I am in a real dry spell. I have occasionally picked up my latest Meridian fiction to rework a bit here or there but I haven't really had the inspiration to run with it. I also have most of a bit of fiction done about a new character, Singularity, but have been too unispired to write a decent ending.

The only halfway decent inspiration I've had recently is for a Aberrant PBEM game I'm trying. I don't have a lot written but I think that I really like the character I created. I may post him here if things work out.

Archived