Mutants & Masterminds:A WIP M&M idea

Jeremy

As the title says, this is an idea in progress. Anyone one can run a game with it, but I call dibs on the first slot.

New York's the Big Apple, eh? Well, the masks have taken a big bite outta it. Started in the Thirties. Individual masked criminals, with their fancy names, it was odd, but no one worried about it. Then they started ganging up, that's when the Minutemen were formed. They and their goons were bad, of course that bastard Comedian was the worst. Eventually, the police woke up and bagged a few of the bastards. The rest went into hiding in 1949. The Comedian was still around in the underworld, doing as he or the payer pleased.

We had some hope then, especially when we got Doc Manhattan. Then, Nixon got him to kick the Vietcong's asses. Must have disturbed him so much, he told the world to go to hell and left for Mars.

Around that time, the masks were coming back. The Watchmen. Word was that the Minutemen set them up, which sounded better when the Comedian joined up. Not to mention the new Nite Owl and Silk Spectre, things we need less of.

And that SOB Rorshach? He came waltzing in, actually doing some good for a change. Then in '75, he went looking for Blair Roche. He found the kidnapper had done some nasty stuff to the poor girl, and killed the man. When the police went after him, he vanished for a few weeks. Then, he re-appeared, as part of the fucking Watchmen. Not to mention he's now like a rabid dog, only smarter.

Speaking of smarts, the leader of the Watchmen, Ozymandias, earned that title of World's Smartest Guy when he made the police go on strike for a week in '77. That was the worst week of my life.

Now it's 1978, and things can't get any worse as far as the Watchmen are concerned. We need to be rid of them. We need some masks of our own.

That's right, an Alternate Universe Watchmen game under M&M rules.

- Power level 7.

- No Powers, except those that can be classified as armor, gadgets, etc.

- You'll be PC masks, trying to take on crime, and eventually take on the Watchmen themselves.

You may contribute, mock, scorn, criticize, etc. I'll see about developing this more.

Archived