A present and it's not even my birthday!

Matt

Anyone that has talked to me know that I have been worked non stop for the past 3 months, with a lot of 16-20 hour days, with only 2 days off in that time. And this week fit right into that mold, and has probably been one of the toughest of the year.

So there I was on Friday, absorbed in the duties of my job, when my secretary brings me a card. I look at the envelope, wondering what strange company is trying to sell me something today. Hmm, it doesn't look like a mass mailed envelope, in fact it appears to be hand written. I read the return address several times, trying to think if I know anyone from that city, or even that state. Nope, nothing comes to mind. So I think who could even have my work address.

And finally I have to find out what it is. I open the envelope to see a card within. I quickly open it to discover that someone from the site sent me a card. A smile comes across my face as I try to remember ever giving out the address. And finally I access the lost memory of a PM to the person giving my info several months ago, and it all comes together.

For the rest of the day, as I hecticly tried to meet my deadline, I kept thinking back to how generous some people can be, and how appreciative I am for having people like that around here. Out of all the dealings that I have had related to the site, this was the first non digital interaction I have had. The first sign of real human life, knowing that someone's had wrote the note and mailed it.

It was a simple card, but it made my day. Thank you Apep.

Archived