Um this an odd thing to ask

Sandy Davis

This is an odd thing to ask of you, and is in no way meant to point fingers at anyone.So please understand that is about my pride.Purely this.Yes I am not going to lie about that. Here it is, I have noticed and knew for a long time now I have horned grammar. So, it is no big, or new news when people say things on this subject.

I am going to ask you all this, and be honest.You can reply in a PM, you can post here either way I will read it.After reading it, I will take my time to calmly answer, and try to explain things, and then maybe ask for hints on ways to make this place a better place for all.So, here it is. Have my posts become more understandable / enjoyable? (I have been using a need word program fro the past weekish )

No, they have not been understandable. I can't enjoy something that I can't understand. I have no idea why you have problems with grammar and spelling, but the fact is, this is a completely written form of communication and if you cannot write effectively you cannot communicate effectively. I can't hear your tone of voice, I can't see your facial expressions and I can't see your body language. If you write poorly you might as well not bother.

So, for the most part I avoid interacting with you. I did not get involved in the group fiction work because you were involved. I avoid replying to any of your posts and I try not to refer to them. Maybe you're impatient and don't feel like taking the time required to produce a post without large numbers of spelling errors or grammar mistakes. But, if that is the case, you are telling each and everyone of us here that we are not worth the time to produce well written posts. It is rude to put it bluntly. You haven't bothered to explain to us why you have such a difficult time. Are you not a native English speaker? Do you have learning disabilities? What is the situation that might ask us to be more understanding?

Just explain what the problem is. Are you learning english? Do you have a medical problem? Are you ten years old and still learning to write? Is this the first time you've written anything? Trying to figure out what the problem is causes frustration.

People generally try to help. If you don't tell them what the problem is then there's nothing they can do for you.

Including understanding.

Well, seeing as those who asked in private I have answered in private.To some of it more truthful than others. And it is not one thing. I have learning disabilities,one of witch is a very ironic thing.Mainly I have problems with spelling.Now, I am going to go back to school in the spring witch will be good for those of you I bother,and just about everyone else.

I know this short,and the problem I have is complex, and rather bothersome, to you, me, and everyone.To everyone it is not because I am lazy.At least I hope it is not not anymore, and trust me I say that I put more time in retyping posts,than I do typing posts.It would be easy to say I was born speaking Japanese ,Islamic, or some thing else..But I wasn't.SO I will not lie about it and act like I was.

Well, that certainly clears some things up!

I too have not been bothering to interact with you for the reasons stated by James above. It was just too much effort to try and discern exactly what you were trying to say.

Can I just ask, how much time do you usually spend typing each post? What I'd recommend, is even if you type your posts in Word, go through your post multiple times. This is a Bulletin Board, so you can spend plenty of time double-checking what you've written.

One other thing - Is it as difficult for you to read us? I'm curious as to whether your disability only impairs your writing ability, or whether your entire literacy is affected.

Here us the kick in the pants. I used to not be able to read.But aside from writing, and some other ways of conveying ideas,I pretty much could do what I want.I as soon as I learned how to really read, could read just about everything I could get my hands on.

I mean I read faster then I can speak.I normally read a novel in around two days.I mean I think when I got snow crash,I read it like 3 times in a week.But this is not the point.I can take in ideas,and ideals, but it is hard for me to put them back out, and this the problem.

Quote:
No, they have not been understandable. I can't enjoy something that I can't understand. I have no idea why you have problems with grammar and spelling, but the fact is, this is a completely written form of communication and if you cannot write effectively you cannot communicate effectively. I can't hear your tone of voice, I can't see your facial expressions and I can't see your body language. If you write poorly you might as well not bother.
Couldnt agree more with the above. I have read over the past topics and my god, I skipped all of sandy's after the first 2-3.

Just make sure you dont post anything important or expect a response and you will be ok Sandy; most dont read your posts anymore.

Well, this is one reason for this thread,then again that could be saying to much

Also, you may missed the fact, that I said I understood my posts were painful,and bad. But that I think that they have been improved.ANd While everyone is free to act on one's own ideals,and read what you wish,THis thread is not about how bad my old posts. I will not defend them, nor will I say that I should have done them at all. What I was trying to see, is if anyone bothered to look at my new posts? And if it was just my spelling, or was it something more.

Starting today..I am going back threw my old posts,and editing them.Only for Spelling errors.

Spelling is only a fraction of your problem Sandy. Most of your problem is illogical use of words or using words that are spelled correctly but are no where near being the right word.

The nther eare yourp ostst hat look klik ethis. Your space usage is wrong as well as sentence structure.

As I mentioned in a PM, perhaps this is not the medium for you to take part in.

There has been noticeable improvement in your posts, but not enough to merit reading.

I saw this link in another forum, oddly enough referenced to you specifically. Visit it Sandy and you will understand a little more I think. Garble

Sorry for the directness, but sometimes lessons are hard and then again, the truth has been known to hurt sometimes.

THe problems that you clearly pointed were arguments on how powers set. Witch can be made in many ways Note that there is mathematical way, and a game balanced way. To say that either way is right or wrong, is up to the story teller,and the group. I was being stubborn. Now this being said, about the "kil lbig fro gno w" .Does not happen anymore.In fact typing those out are not rather painful for me as well.

But you made if your mind about me,and it i snot my job to please you.The fact is this thread is not about your game,and again I thank you for what you think.But I *think* you have a slightly tainted view of me.But I am not going to split hairs, nor am I going to drag out anything.So, again, I thank you for your time,your two cents, and your view.

I admit it, Sandy - it's been tough reading your posts sometimes. But I'm glad you've set out to improve yourself.

Speaking as someone who's got a New Years' Resolution to improve myself, I can relate. I wish you all the luck you will ever need OH GOD I'M TALKING LIKE JACK SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everybody.

I have the luxury of not requiring your validation or caring if you hate me, so I don't really mind if what I'm about to say will make many of you think I'm a donkey-raping shit eater.

You. Guys. Are. ASSHOLES.

Not all of you, mind you. But those of you who mocked, who belittled and who "kindly advised" Sandy to piss off are fucked up, and I don't mind saying so.

Way to show compassion to one of your own, guys.

Unless any of you missed it, this is a gaming forum and we -- the people who post here -- are gamers. As it stands, we are an ostracized, ridiculed minority in society-at-large. We're looked down upon for being geeky, for being escapists, for pretending to be pert-breasted elves prancing around in chainmail, you name it. And you have the brass cajones to tell one of our own to stay out of your little clique because of a disability they can't control and are trying their best to remedy?

That's fucked up.

I have serious doubts as to whether or not a single one of you who mocked Sandy would have had the balls to do it face-to-face.

And making fun of Sandy's character for a problem the player has is fucking low. If you can't figure out that the character obviously doesn't type like that or at least be civil about it, then your logical thought process is twice as bad as you claim Sandy's grammar is.

Sandy.

Don't quit posting. Don't go away. I like your stuff, and I think it's admirable as fuck that you're trying to fix this problem you have. It takes a lot of guts to admit that you have a problem that a lot of people would make fun of you for and a lot of class to try your best to polish up your writing.

I'm glad that you're a part of this hobby and I wish you nothing but success in your future endeavors. Do yourself a favor and show these chumps up. Remember that the best revenge is always to survive yourself. You don't get back at your parents, at your peers and at society by quitting. You get back at them by learning more, earning more and being better.

Keep it up.

.ronin's player, motherfucking bastard

Hon, I agree with much of what you've said in theory except for the ridiculed at large comment. But to be honest I also think you're off the mark here.

If someone wants to tell me why they don't feel they can play here anymore then I'm okay with it. Maybe I don't agree, maybe I can't make it better and maybe I can't change a damn thing but at least I know why. It didn't escape my attention that the person that did it felt it was best for them to fade into the background than stay around and drive her off. That's worth points in my book. You obviously see it differently but that's okay too.

In character, one of mine roasted one of Sandy's but it was strictly in character with choices and explanations provided. As a player I know the Sandy runs Agnelli Celeste but Widget doesn't have the same problems with Celleste that she has with Sandy. That's also called roleplaying.

There's a little comment I'll send you PM because it's not appropriate here.

Added note;

Not all of us were ostracized for playing perky breasted elves prancing around in chainmail.

Just lucky I guess.

smile

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">

Archived