Lurkers of the board Unite! You have nothing to lose but your silence!

Kirby1024

Come on you guys. I know there are people on this board that have never, not once, posted on anything. I decided to go lookee through the profiles. Come on people! Don't be afraid. We don't bite! We'd love extra traffic. If you're thinking of going on the IC forum, jump in! We'll be nice to you for the first week or so!

If it make you feel better, please, use this thread to introduce yourselves. Once you've done that, feel free to post questions (even really stupid ones, better stupid questions than stupid mistakes I say!)

Remember, we can't hear you if you don't speak up. Go ahead! Talk! laugh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most of those people will have made an identity, forgot to come back to the board ever again, and never will...

One point though is that although the Trinity and Adventure discussion on this site used to be very strong, it neeeds to pick up. Then that way people may be attracted from the other fan bases.

The problem is that the A!/Trinity sections are not the focus of the board. This has always been an Aberrant board, and it would take major advancements in either game line to shift that.

Also, there hasn't been all that much happening in either game line. We just don't have much to talk about, and most of the mechanics questions that usually come up have either been answered, or have been explained away elsewhere.

Well, we try, ya know? Almost everytime, it's a newbie that brings up the most stimulating conversations, simply because they ask the question that noone else thinks to ask.

I've tried with the Mega-Atts thoughts page, as well as a couple of other subjects. Subjects are always a gamble. Some get a response plus silent nods, others start epic threads. And it's impossible to tell ahead of time.

• 10 months later...

Not all of us lurkers simply disapeared. I was a registered member of this board for two months before I posted anything, even though I came back to this site weekly if not more often. Sometimes I even logged on when I came back :-) The reason I never posted before was simply because I dislike typing. I bet that some of the others are in the same boat as myself. You'd probably be suprised.

• 3 weeks later...

M-my name is Cruel and I'm a lurker. Yeah thanks. um,hi. I was Annex for a while but then I forgot who that character was so I became Cruel instead. Seems he's a lot more popular. I don't know too much about what's going on but I fake it well so feel free to respond back to whatever I post and pretend I'm an old friend whenever I get around to starting something. Thanks agian. Emails welsome.

Hi. My name is Deeth, and I am a nova.

(murmer from room) Hi Deeth.

<chuckle>

I am new to the boards, I haven't played aberrant in a while, been using the books as refrence material for a high lvl mage campaign.

I plan on being active, but not familiar with the current world setting (thus the amnesia)

Looking for a partner, or someone to banter with on a story or two.

Being made of eufiber, he can control and shape it as his whim, and sometimes it seems to act on its own.

Most of what he is currently doing is crude and instinctual. With some experience, he will get better and broaden his abilities.

I still need to look around and see who's cool around here. Are there any rules I should know to keep from making a social faux paus? How do I start interacting with people without feeling like i'm butting in?

anything i sign with 'Erich' in ooc btw. ty

Erich

'Ang on, we bring these out every so often. We really should try and pop them on the FAQ page. I may just do that eventually.

Settle \'round, kiddies, time for a History lesson... Is considered by some to be one of the better "meta-Opnet" threads. It's a discussion on the nature of the Opnet Board. Canon II - N! Prime is (IMHO) another good discussion on the Opnet's properties, this one by Widget.

What\'s Your Character Like used to be a big tradition, it's waned a little in recent months though. It was originally used for discussing your Tabletop characters, it's gradually morphed into a public statement of your Opnet Character's statistics.

Oh! Almost forgot - We cleverly hid the Actual ettiquete guide deep, deep in the recesses of the forum (can't let newbies find it to easily, yah?) You can, however, find it in the Thread Your OPNET Experience .

We also have defined FAQs on the Vignettes and Fiction Boards that are specifically for those boards.

Just remember not to let anything here scare you off laugh Some people get rather overwhelmed at the amount of history that's around here, but we're mostly nice, understanding people (even if our characters aren't...)

Archived