I'm in! YIPPEE!!!

Kirby1024

Kirby, here is an "ATTA BOY" from over here in the U.S. Where are you going to school?

Aeon, welcome to our side of the pond, though I hear you have friends already waiting for you. Congrats.

Darkwave, you are following your dream and isn't that what really matters?

Jager, believe it or not, Prof. Sydney Holland's Alma Mater, Monash University. I'm heading to the Clayton campus, the one I blew up in my game :rolleyes: . Anyway, damn excited, especially since this year ENTER scores to get into Unis almost universally rose this year. My course alone rose 10 points (ie, from having to be better than 65% of the state to 75% of the state. I'm supposedly better than 77.30% of the state so I just got in.)

I suppose so. I'm not upset about making the move. I really like being in school though. Takes a lot of the pressure of living off, y'know? But still, having the ability to simply make my music at will and disseminate it across the globe is stupid cool.

Dag. cool

D effin' W

Aeon, your Scottish and everyone knows that the Scots are the best, brightest, most talented, and best looking people on earth. What else could you want? Congrats on York, as well. As for the friends, I had an understanding that you had some friends on this side of the pond. Was I mistaken?

Darkwave, doesn't the world of the wage-slave excite you?

Been catching up on your Marx, Jager? Wageslave, nothin'. If you call being a full-time record producer and doing what I want, when I want (as an artist) being a wageslave, then hells yeah, bring on the drudgery and "Metropolis" stills. Or are you a Commie post-grad livin' off mom and dad's pensions in their basement because the working world doesn't agree with your "I'm so left I'm gone" principles, Jager? cool

This message brought to you by the "I Hate Karl Marx Because He's So Damn Smart Society."

D effin W

When I am feeling down, I read Marx just for a good chuckle. Okay, I'm no libertarian, but I consider myself a bit right-of-center. As a student of history, I find Ferris Bueller had the best comment on Marxism. It went something like this: "any -ism is bad for you. It tries to stop you from thinking for yourself."

As for music; Mind you, I was the guy to whom my music teacher told to stop playing the recorder in the third grade because not only did I not have any musical apptitude, I wasn't likely to ever develop one.

I can tell you this: Money is nice, but happiness is better. Money can't buy you happiness, but when you are happy, you don't need money so much.

Archived