Aberrant: Wild Card - WC Chit Chat

Forge

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking for maybe one more player assuming the 4 I have stay committed.

Carver, Mala, Jas and Asa.

There will be eventual openings, but I don't anticipate a fast paced game, so it might be awhile, like winter.

The concept of the game is secret, so as to give some mystery to the players as well as the characters.

Builds:

0np Abby system, college student that attends UW: Tacoma, currently April of 09. You must all at least know of each other, how well is up to the players.

Questions?

You are our fifth, welcome to The Game.

~~~

Once your character is approved, please post a profile in Painful Pedagogy. Feel free to do any short interactive fics to get a feel for your characters as we boot up. Oh, did I mention the Homework? We'll get to that... cool

Because I keep getting asked, no this game has no relation to the book series of the same name, pure coincidence that Wild Card short stories are also about super heroes.

Nothing to see here, move along.

• 2 weeks later...

I shall endeavor to get the game going this week, work has slowed a bit with the heat, or I have slowed anyway. wink

Have you all decided on how well you guys know each other or how? Don't make me exercise GM Fiat. firedevil

Anyone who wants can know Matt as the 'Guitar Guy'. He plays it when not doing homework or arguing with his roommate. Anyone taking basic courses could have had a class with him. He has an open-door policy if someone needs someone to talk to.

Contact me for specifics, if you need more information.

Jadzia knows Matt from last year in Area 17 (student residence), and he was there with some advice when she broke up with her first (and now, maybe only) lesbian relationship with Madelaine Sinclair (Mad Maddy).

Jadzia moved off campus and got an off-campus apartment. Alexa is her room-mate.

I'm sure Abner would here about Jadzia, they do have overlapping circles - Hey! Wanna commission a pic of a RPG character?

Jadzia could have met Lizzie through her parents. Maybe Jadzia and Lizzie's mom are in the same WoW guild and/or her Dad could have displeyed some of her Digital Art in his gallery.

Let me know.

Originally Posted By: Jadzia Gryczon
Jadzia moved off campus and got an off-campus apartment. Alexa is her room-mate.

I'm sure Abner would here about Jadzia, they do have overlapping circles - Hey! Wanna commission a pic of a RPG character?

Sure, that works! That explains how I might also know your roommate.

A possibility - Mala and I had also talked about our characters knowing each other from class, and Lizzie would probably discover after meeting you if they had become friends that you are in some of those same kinds of circles or something, or yeah on the same server as her parents or brother or something. So they probably would have meshed well.

• 2 weeks later...

*caught up in Ante Up*

I don't want to lay down any Iron Laws or somesuch, but people, please read the thread before you make setting altering posts. This concert is in a Student Center, there is no vendors, the stage would be a large wooden box at best, maybe 10x10 and you sure as heck wouldn't have made it past the rope on your own.

The cafeteria could sell you water, if you went over there and bought some (same building big room).

I don't mind a certain amount of freewheeling, but try to keep it real. I'm rolling with this because I view it as a failure of mine to be clear in my description of the setting, but don't write yourself past an NPC, as you then make my life increasingly more difficult.

When I said the pace of the game would be slow, it was because I don't always get to post when I would like to and weekends are usually shot, so you gotta give me ample time to reply. laugh

Sorry hon - I got confused as to the setting as well, for some reason I was picturing it in an outdoor setting, I think based on other posts. For some reason I completely missed the line about the student center (though I did read the post, I promise! Probably missed it during sleepiness). If you would like I can certainly adjust my post to have gotten the water from the vending machines. If there's anything else I can change to make it better, please let me know.

Yeah, sorry. I'd be willing to take down the posts that happen after they get in the door, if Jad is. That way, they could do what's needed with the NPC, and we can just have that same conversation (I'm assuming) once people are all inside.

Course, I could be wrong. But seriously. If I can help you, as a player, let me know.

I had a mental picture of outside as well, but that's probably due to the propensity of impromptu outdoor concerts that occurred at my college. smile

Let us know what you'd like us to do, and I'll hold off any more postings at least for myself until we get an answer.

Terribly sorry about all that. I purposely made my one post get us to the gate without passing it, then the others continued, so I though it was all good.

And btw, I know it was a small stage, but hey, Jad is a small woman. grin

I have to trouble taking down my posts after I got us to the gate.

No worries everyone, I have found a reasonable way to deal with it now that I have a few hours of sleep and a day of work to think about it. Everyone please make a Willpower and a Perc/Aware roll and post it in the IC thread.

Going to update tomorrow, anyone else that wants to react, feel free to do so, just don't move past Deuce...yet.

If this point wasn't important, I wouldn't be making such a stink, believe me. I promise I'll let you run over me all you want after this. laugh

• 5 weeks later...

I moved it forward, but if you guys had wanted to stop by places to grab anything, just mention it in your post and assume it happened off camera, I didn't take you all the way to the ships in case you all wanted to do anything else before attempting to board.

There are plenty of companies named after Elephant Ears and their pastry goodness. Just because some company decided to commit >blasphemy< and rename them for marketing purposes does not mean that they are the industry standard of fair pastry awesomeness. :Plaugh

• 4 weeks later...

Archived