Fine Japanese Cartoons

Avenger

A bit hentai, yes, but still a perfectly reasonable question. And thanks about my taste. But as to just picking someone, that would destroy the whole plot, Tenchi is surrounded by six women, all who care about him, and he also cares a great deal for each. To ask him to decide between them would be a difficult proposition. In his own way Tenchi loves each one of them, and for him to choose one would mean for him to hurt the others, and that is something he can not bring himself to do. But I once read a fanfic where tenchi solved that particular dilemma by having five clones of himself made so that noone gets left unloved.

Actually, Tenchi does pick someone, in a movie nonetheless. In "Tenchi Forever", he picked Ryoko. This, has been recognized my the Tenchi Fan community as the "Final Answer". Although Ayeka wants to hang around to make sure nothing happens to Tenchi. I can understand that, after all, Tenchi is part of the royal bloodline, and a common space pirate is trying to budge in on the act.

I was sort of dissapointed though. I SO wanted him to pick Washu. *evil gleam* Hey, can't go wrong with pink hair! ^.^

Actually...

As I've already written a rather lengthy DBZ fanfic, my condemnation of the series has lessened slightly.

Just slightly, mind you. I've grown attached to a few characters, Buruma and Vejita in particular, with some lingering interest in Beeduru/Videl.

Though I'm not touching DBGT with a 10 meter cattle prod.

I haven't seen the movie yet, and didn't know he had made a choice. Thank's for setting me straight Endeavor.

But Tenchi is the heir to the royal throne of Juri right, aren't they allowed to be married to two women at once?

And I agree with you that he should have picked Washu.

Umm...Ashnod, I know many of the DBZ characters by their Japanese names but Beeduru isn't ringing any bells, who is he in the dubbed version?

• 2 weeks later...

Anomie,

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.

Endeavor,

SKE isn't about two divergent worlds crossing. I combined both the settings, plots, and the casts into one story. They don't exist independent of the other. It's ONE narrative based upon two narratives.

To all fans here of Sailor Moon that are located inthe U.S. (Me! Me!), according to the latest Anime Invasion, ADV Films has acquired the rights to put the original Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R series, uncut and subtitled, out in the U.S. some time next fall.

*grins*

If I had my way, and I saw one of those weird things attacking me. I'm pulling an Ash. As in "Army of Darkness", and the "Evil Dead" series. In other words, a Double Barreled remington, right down their gullet.

Sorry. Some of those monsters are quite cheesy. With VERY exploitable weaknesses.

If someone invited me to play in a Sailor Moon RPG session, it'd only last a few sessions. The first 4 would be me actively eliminating all the youma, and the last would be spent trying to explain to the authorities why I'm carrying a sawed-off, shooting innocent people.

Er... I'm WAY off genere aren't I... hehe. :P

Guns = FUN

Hehehe...

I never saw the first two Evil Dead, but I did see Army of Darkness. But if he was stuck in the past, where did he get all that ammo from?

I have the Sailor Moon RPG book myself, but for some reason none of my gaming buddies want to play it with me wink .

I went to the ADV website to see if they had any information on when they would release the uncut episodes, but I guess it's to early for an upcoming release notice. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Anomie:

I never saw the first two Evil Dead, but I did see Army of Darkness. But if he was stuck in the past, where did he get all that ammo from?
Actually, they do explain it. Ash, very conveniently, had textbooks on basic chemistry and engineering in the trunk of his car. So, he had instructions on how to make gun powder. Cheezy, utter b.s. but an explanation nonetheless.
laugh

• 2 weeks later...

What's wrong with War Planets? I happened to think that it was a pretty good cartoon. I only take offence that it's classified as something it's not. Other than that, it's cool. And did you know it still airs on Showtime Beyond laugh .

And sorry, never seen any FLCL so I can't give you a recomendation.

Rouroni Kenshin is one of the best. But to collect it will cost you tons. I think it's about 22 dvd's if you buy the american released ones. Not available in a box set either. But the series is definatley one of my favorites.

• 2 months later...

Noir is really good. I haven't seen all of it yet, but the first three dvd's worth have been worth my money. (but then I'm partial to amnesiac assassins too, if you haven't noticed)

There are some really good action sequences and the music is very good as well. The story is definatly intriguing.

I'd also recomend Rahxephon for an Evangelionesque story that is just as good if not better if you ask me, or Rune Soldier for a hilarious take on fantasy based animes.

Archived