World of Darkness: The Academy - OOC Talk -- The Lounge

Dawn OOC

This is for OOC talk not related to the other threads.

On that note, I'll be starting things off Thursdayish - that gives people time to finish up characters. Changes to submitted and approved characters can be made fairly easily until that time; after the start of game, I'll require more justification.

People are welcome to start background fictions now; they will be worth experience, the same as other fictions. Please don't do anything set after the start of game just yet. wink

Otherwise, feel free to talk amongst yourselves.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's no secret than Deacon Knight is modeled from Chris Knight, in part, from the movie 'Real Genius'.

To get a better feel for what he's like or how he might talk or act I recommend seeing movies like Real Genius (Chris Knight), Van Wilder (Van Wilder), or Caddy Shack (Ty Webb).

He has a little bit of each of those characters in him and they acted as my inspiration while working him up.

Alright. So. I made a tiny timeline mistake, or more accurately, I realized that it'd be cooler to move stuff by one year. I'm going to let you guys be the judge of which way we go to correct it. I'm off by a year; the troubles happen in 1975, or we're starting in August of 2009. Which do you guys prefer - me changing lots of stuff in the history or you guys changing birthdays and such by a year?

Originally Posted By: Sean, from the Summer Fic
"Hey Jason, we get cable or Wi-Fi in the dorm rooms?"

The answer is you get an internet connection with tuition; cable is extra and technically not allowed, though no one actually cares so long as homework gets done and the tv isn't loud during quiet times.

Willpower will be regained via the book, OR you'll regain one point per week of downtime. You cannot regain Willpower during a week where directed plot is occurring. Weeks will be clearly marked so that everyone knows when downtime will be occurring.

If Sean and Micah will back off, and Ryan doesn't do anything foolish, we can move to the conclusion of this chapter. laugh

As a note, all dorms have multiple exits, so the intruder in Diana may not be there any longer. I just wanted the PCs to know that was an option.

Jason's Question:

Originally Posted By: Rorx
Jason shakes his head in disgust at Thomas and Ryan, turning to Brahn, "Why are Relana and the Hounds here tonight, and what is a Shovat?"

Posted previously by Tall, Dark, and Mysterious:

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
"...Right now, Relana and the Shovat's Hounds are here; Shovat Kytan repaid their loyalty with abandonment."

I understood that to mean that, while they were busy trying to hold off the students/faculty pursuing them, Kytan abandoned Relana et al here. "Why are they here?" Because they're stuck, would be my guess. wink

Also, kudos to Ryan for injecting a bit of level-headedness. smile

Yes, there are things that each group don't know about the others and what their showing up meant. If any teacher has spoken about what happened in the Teacher's Lounge, this is the first I've heard about it.

Telling the kids that these bastards are coming back in a month's time would be kind of insane as what it would do to the student body. The parental response would only make it worse.

Too bad in hindsight evacuating the school is the best option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Deacon Knight
Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
She pulled two items out of her dress, holding them out to be seen.

For the record... yes, my mind went to naughty places when I read that...

Noted. grin

Archived