Watchmen

Matt

What did you think of it?

I really enjoyed it. I thing Snyder dig a good job with an unfilmable story. It is a very flawed film, but it did live up to the hype for me. As I figured, it is a flop though. It won't make back its money in its theatrical run. It'll do great business with the 4 DVDs that are coming out this year though.

On my way to see it.

I think it is premature at this time to call it a flop however. It has so far made about 55 million which is a GREAt opening for this time of year. It doesn't have the built in buzz that Dark Knight has from being a mainstream character but I think it is going to have legs in the theatre as the mainstream catches the buzz in the 2nd and third weekends. Also it doesn't have alot of competition.

It will also have at least one other theatrical run with a directors cut in June that should pull the diehard fans back.

Click to reveal..
Im just hoping that the rumours are true and that the Directors cut (Which is over 200 minutes long) will include the squid ending/plotline and hopefully the chapter where Rorshacj talks to the psychologist and in so doing fucks up his mind.

On my way to the theatre now! laugh

Then don't click the button below:

Click to reveal.. (Stay Away Adrian)

From what I have read the Squid was given the axe fairly early on in production because it was, frankly, silly. Based on what I saw Saturday I couldn't see how they could add the squid in without essentially re-writing the back 30 minutes of the film.

Overall I think it was fairly amazing but there were things both large and small I had issue with. Perhaps after a second viewing I will start a discussion thread to dissect those issues.

Originally Posted By: Chosen
I never knew that being omnipotent would give you such a case of the blue balls. punchballs

It's just when your girlfriend is too needy. "Ooh, you're too much into your work. Ooh, you're emotionally distant. Ooh, I don't like it when you're in more than one place at one time."

Bitch, bitch, bitch. wink

Originally Posted By: Adrian Moss
No!!! No spoilers please. If I get to see it, it won't be until Thursday or Friday. Please.

How can there be spoilers for this movie...have you not read the book?

Quote:
Overall I think it was fairly amazing but there were things both large and small I had issue with. Perhaps after a second viewing I will start a discussion thread to dissect those issues.

I would like to discuss as well.

Yes, Skylion. Yes there can be spoilers, and yes, they have been spoiled.

I didn't find graphic novels until probably 2003, and had never even heard of Watchmen until someone long-forgotten mentioned it here on N-Prime. So, no. I didn't read the book, and no one else (read: no one I know in this state) had, either. There weren't any copies to catch my interest from a bookshelf or a gaming store, because... surprise! We have neither in Paris, and when we drove an hour to the nearest "mall" in the intervening years, searching for Watchmen was nowhere near the forefront of my mind- or the top of my list of priorities.

And those of you who are thinking/saying/typing, "You've had 10 years to read the book! No such thing as spoilers! Ha ha ha!" are encouraged to attempt anatomical implausibilities of a sexual nature with yourself.

/endrant

I'm glad the rest of you enjoyed the movie! Hopefully the Director's Cut will smooth over some of the issues you guys have had with it.

Archived